HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Artem Anisimov

Old
08-16-2007, 10:27 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappie View Post
Why slow down Prucha and Jagr by playing Drury in between them?

Why put Dubinsky on the 4th line when we have a perfectly good 4th line center in Betts? (who was I believe the leading shot blocker in the NHL)

Why put Korpikoski infront of Bourret?

Some of those guys are probably going to play next year...infact I'm sure if Cherepanov comes over we will see him, aswell as Dawes probably making the team, but I do not think the lineup will be much like that.
I think the real question is when was the last time the Rangers started 6 rookies on offense? I'm guessing never.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2007, 10:13 AM
chappie
lemon snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I think the real question is when was the last time the Rangers started 6 rookies on offense? I'm guessing never.
Yeah, but in the new NHL you can do that...aslong as you have the right mix of prospects, not that I would start 6, more like 4, but still.

In my mind, next year we will probably see Cherepanov, Dawes, and if not already here Anisimov. There's a good chance that we could see Bourret too, unless he has a terrible season in Hartford and a bad camp the following year. I think the rest are Free Agent role players...

So, I would assume the lines to be:

Cherepanov - Gomez - Jagr
Dawes - Drury - Prucha
Bourret - Anisimov - Callahan
Hossa/FA - Betts - FA/Orr when needed

I think because of Anisimov, Dubinsky becomes expendable, and unless they convert him to a wing, he will be traded...

after Drury's contract is up, I think Artem is going to end up taking his 2nd line spot, if not before that, and Drury will end up the third line center.

chappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2007, 10:54 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappie View Post
Yeah, but in the new NHL you can do that...aslong as you have the right mix of prospects, not that I would start 6, more like 4, but still.

In my mind, next year we will probably see Cherepanov, Dawes, and if not already here Anisimov. There's a good chance that we could see Bourret too, unless he has a terrible season in Hartford and a bad camp the following year. I think the rest are Free Agent role players...

So, I would assume the lines to be:

Cherepanov - Gomez - Jagr
Dawes - Drury - Prucha
Bourret - Anisimov - Callahan

I think because of Anisimov, Dubinsky becomes expendable, and unless they convert him to a wing, he will be traded...

after Drury's contract is up, I think Artem is going to end up taking his 2nd line spot, if not before that, and Drury will end up the third line center.
I think Cherry is more likely to slide into Shanny's spot on the 2nd line RW. Prucha or Hossa would replace Straka on the 1st line LW. I also think there's a decent chance that Avery is back, but there's no guaranty on that. And why does Anisimov make Dubinsky expendable? What's to say that Drury doesn't move to wing is either of those two are ready to center the 2nd line? If Bourret needs another year in Hartford we may need another winger...and Drury could slide over.

I'd guess:

Prucha/Hossa - Gomez - Jagr
Dawes/Korpedo/Drury - Drury/Dubinsky/Anisimov - Cherepanov
Avery/Korpedo/Bourret - Dubinsky/Anisimov - Callahan

But it's way to early to have any real clue just yet. Personally I don't see more than 3 rookies starting. If more than 3 spots are open I see us going outside the organization to fill some of them.

Old
08-17-2007, 11:14 AM
chappie
lemon snow!

Quote:
I think Cherry is more likely to slide into Shanny's spot on the 2nd line RW. Prucha or Hossa would replace Straka on the 1st line LW. I also think there's a decent chance that Avery is back, but there's no guaranty on that. And why does Anisimov make Dubinsky expendable? What's to say that Drury doesn't move to wing is either of those two are ready to center the 2nd line? If Bourret needs another year in Hartford we may need another winger...and Drury could slide over.

I'd guess:

Prucha/Hossa - Gomez - Jagr
Dawes/Korpedo/Drury - Drury/Dubinsky/Anisimov - Cherepanov
Avery/Korpedo/Bourret - Dubinsky/Anisimov - Callahan

But it's way to early to have any real clue just yet. Personally I don't see more than 3 rookies starting. If more than 3 spots are open I see us going outside the organization to fill some of them.

I'm just going by what I get from the Rangers management. They seem to have built up an amazing amount of prospects that should all be ready at about the same time. To me, there is a reason behind it, and they want to plug them into the spots coming up this off season.

As far Drury moving over, that is very possible, but I don't think it would happen in the short term, and I don't know how much you really expect Dubinsky to wait for it to happen. I'm not saying I don't like the idea, but I just don't know how legitimate the idea of Dubinsky waiting is.

I say Cherry goes on the top line because I think he and Jagr would probably work well together and compliment each other very well. Not only that, but I think it would be good to get him time with the big man so as he can help develop Cherry's game.

If we are going to go with the idea of Drury moving over, and lets say even Dubinsky coming up and taking that third line spot as early as next year, then lets go with something like this:

Cherry/Prucha - Gomez - Jagr
Dawes/Prucha - Anisimov - Drury
Hossa/Bourret - Dubinsky - Callahan/Dawes
Free Agent - Betts - Free Agent

I think based on Bourret's performance this year, and the amount of production Hossa gives this year... we will know if Hossa will be back.

chappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

my guess, this is how next years lineup looks like

(marcel, nor marian)Hossa Gomez Jagr
Avery Drury Prucha
dawes dubinsky cally
byers betts orr/jessiman

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Ola

Quote:
I think we used 13 forward rookies in 03-04 and 10 forward rookies in 05-06, its not impossible that 6 of them was on the ice in the same game.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2007, 04:02 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I think we used 13 forward rookies in 03-04 and 10 forward rookies in 05-06, its not impossible that 6 of them was on the ice in the same game.
I meant to open the season. Do you think they've ever done that before?