Do we have a writer at Hockeybuzz?

Old
08-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Do we have a writer at Hockeybuzz?

I periodically check Eklund's site for the odd rumour or two (Dallas is among the 4 teams interested in Selanne, apparently), and I always notice along the right side there are beat writers for each NHL team, with occasional updates, etc. I never see one for Dallas though, is there even a Stars writer on the site?

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Walzy

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
right now, no

i'm not exactly sure, but i think Mark from ASP was there for a short time (can anyone confirm this?)

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2007, 03:00 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 1425
not a clue, I try to stay away for Eklund and his garbage.

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Why would we want someone over there? Eklund is a liar and a fraud, and I'm happy people who write about the Stars are smart enough to realize that and not associate with that site.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Chad_

I do go there often to read some of the posts to get insight into other teams, but there are just so few actual good writers who contribute to that site. When you're reading the first paragraph and have to continually stop reading and mentally insert proper punctuation then start over, it grows rather tedious.

Judging by the quality of content provided by most of the team writers, I must assume Eklund is searching for a teenager who is unable to form complete sentences, has no clue what even spell check is and has never taken any sort of grammar class. That means it's wide open to almost anyone.

But right now, no, it appears they do not have a Stars writer. I'd say you could apply, Modo, but you apparently know something or two about possessive nouns so that means you are not qualified.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2007, 04:27 AM
ScubaSteve*

Mark from ADSP wrote there for about a month. Bob Sturm also did a short blogging stint there quite a while ago. It raises questions for me though about Eklund and the way he does his business that the two most reputable Stars media members (IMO) both signed on with him and then both dropped off in short order.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote