HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Updated Prospect Point Totals Thoughts

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2004, 08:28 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
Updated Prospect Point Totals Thoughts

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

some players that stuck out in my mind...

The Crowd
Noah Clarke - Way to go! I guess keep this up and one day they'll pull you back up buddy!

Barney - same with you!

James - pretty good point totals for a very low draft pick. as always size is an issue, but i am starting to think that if we bulk up on fiesty small guys, we may be able to turn the "big player" nhl against them. it's a good way to be innovative IMO. who knows, it miught work and we may be able to just use our speed and get round all the slow big guys.

Hogeboom - also pretty good point totals. i would like to see how he turns out

Guerin - wow, near PPG player for a freshman. much like James, i too would like to see all these speedy small guys have a chance to go around the biger players.

Murray - need i say anything? last i checked, he was 1 up on Parise, which makes him look like a 5th round steal! not to mention i been reading up on the WJC on this board and they'v ebeen saying that this guy is the guy that's making everything happening and Parise is just getting the points for it. Definately another small guy i can't wait to see try out the NHL.

Steckel - after a disappointing 2 years, he's starting to regain shape. call me a pessimist, but i really think we missed the boat on this pick. will he turn out? possibly, but at the best, i see him as a 3rd liner, kuznetzov-like forward. oh well, hopefully he can prove me wrong and turn it up from here on out!

*for all pepole who going to get mad at me thinking we missed the boat on Steckel, it's becuase there are many other prospects picked after Steckel that are currently doing better. I think we were emphasizing size too much and in result got had. No, i'm not callin him a bust yet, but i do think we could have done better.

Kanko - Way to go pal!

Rome - also another good pick in the 4th round. we did fairly well on his draft year. if he's a stay at home defender with these point totals, man, he's goign to be a beast up here. can't wait to see how he fits int he NHL.

The Crowd

Grebeshkov - not sure how he is doing but i expected him to have a few more points in the AHL. is he disappointing the manchester fans? can anyone who watched him tell us how he's playing?

Tambellini - I kinda expected more domination out of his sophmore year. what's going on with him? anyone got the inside scoop?

Boyle - Not sure wat to expect out of his freshman year, but is 7 points in 18 games still good? I'm really fearing he may have only dominated high school purely on his size. but at the same time, it's his freshman year! i'm real ignorant on this issue too, not sure wat to expect out of a freshman, just hope BC helps his play a lot!

The :mad: Crowd

Lehoux - why are we even keeping this guy as a "top offensive" prospect? ugh, i'm so frustrated with him!

Karlsson - wat league is the SEL and are his point totals good? i really hope he can turn out for us when i am fearing the worst... just like with steckel.

Pushkarev - ok, i'm real ignorant on the Russian leagues, but 1 point in 18 games has to be disappointing right? man!!! i thoguht this ugy was going to be good!! wats going on pushkarev!

Old
01-04-2004, 09:34 AM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
Grebeshkov - not sure how he is doing but i expected him to have a few more points in the AHL. is he disappointing the manchester fans? can anyone who watched him tell us how he's playing?
He started the season very slow. Had a terrbile +/-. Then he started coming on after adjusting to the new ice-rink dimensions and drastically improved his +/-. Then he got injured and went under the knife to repair a fractured wrist. Consequently, he's only played in 20 of Manchester's 36 games.

Quote:
Tambellini - I kinda expected more domination out of his sophmore year. what's going on with him? anyone got the inside scoop?
He just went thru a scoring drought. His assists are down because he's the guy looked to to score on his line and when you're not scoring, your point totals are way down. Also, Nystrom went thru a sophomore slump with Michigan last year, so it might be the system he plays in. He did score 2 goals and 2 assists in 5 games so far with Canada in the WJC.

Quote:
Boyle - Not sure wat to expect out of his freshman year, but is 7 points in 18 games still good? I'm really fearing he may have only dominated high school purely on his size. but at the same time, it's his freshman year! i'm real ignorant on this issue too, not sure wat to expect out of a freshman, just hope BC helps his play a lot!
7 points in 18 games is about what should be expected. Boyle has not played against players of this caliber, size and skill before and he's spending the year making adjustments. He's been playing on the 3rd and 4th lines, often with 2 other freshman. Don't expect miracles. Look for him next season to drastically imporve on the point totals as Voce and Eaves graduate opening up some spots in the top two lines.

Quote:
Karlsson - wat league is the SEL and are his point totals good? i really hope he can turn out for us when i am fearing the worst... just like with steckel.
The SEL is the Swedish Elite League. It is the top league in Sweden and second in Europe only to the RSL. It is largely compromised of 30 somethings who have spent their whole life in the SEL and former NHLers returning to Sweden. Karlsson is still very young for the league and has not been seeing very good icetime (a handful of minutes a game on the 3rd and 4th lines). When he has been seeing more ice-time, is totals have done much better. As it stands now, he's the 7th highest scoring prospect in the SEL of all NHL prospects playing in the SEL. How will he do in NA? Check back next year when he might be playing in Manchester.

Quote:
Pushkarev - ok, i'm real ignorant on the Russian leagues, but 1 point in 18 games has to be disappointing right? man!!! i thoguht this ugy was going to be good!! wats going on pushkarev!
That's 1 point in 5 games. 18 is his age. He's only played in 5 games in the RSL (the top Russian league) because he has been spending all his time in the league below it, playing for Avangard VDV. I don't have access to the 1st League stats so I just put his RSL stats (which I obviously have access to). Still, it is very rare for 18 year olds to be playing in the RSL and the fact that he played a handful of games already speaks volumes. Frolov first played there when he was 19. I think Kovalchuk came to the NHL before he made it to the RSL.

01-04-2004, 11:00 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

hey thanks for all the info! i knew i wasn't exactly gettin all the stuff right. thanks for the clear up

Old
01-04-2004, 01:54 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Lehoux - why are we even keeping this guy as a "top offensive" prospect? ugh, i'm so frustrated with him!

The thing is, his defense sucks. Both last year and this year Lehoux has been playing on the third line to learn the defensive game. I heard that for a week or so last season, Boudreau even played the guy as a defenseman!

Apparently, Ebay had the same problem. His offensive skills were incredible, but his defense sucked, so he played exclusively on the third line in the minor leagues just to feel what it was to be part of the "stopper" or "energy" units.

The amount of points Lehoux has this year are very good when you take into consideration the fact that he's spent most of the season on a line with Jeff Guilano and Dan Welch! LoL! BTW, he's injured and has missed the last two weeks and will probably miss the next two weeks. Broken finger?

Closed Thread