HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Finland's 2010-2011 crop... Pulkkinen and Granlund

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2007, 10:38 PM
  #26
CertifiedPublicGuin
Registered User
 
CertifiedPublicGuin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinProspects View Post
Finland won the third game against Czech 7-2. The scoring leader list from these three Finland-Chech is pretty one-sided:
1 KARJALAINEN Joni Finland 3 4+3=7 -2 91-born
2 PULKKINEN Teemu Finland 3 3+3=6 -3 92-born
3 LAAKSONEN Jere Finland 3 1+5=6 -1 91-born
4 GRANLUND Mikael Finland 3 1+4=5 1 92-born
5 HAULA Erik Finland 3 2+2=4 1 91-born
How on Earth can the top three scorers all be negative in the +/- column? Seems like they're a risky line to have on the ice, despite all the scoring they do. Someone apparently needs to jam some defensive effort into their heads. Still impressive the way they're loading up.

CertifiedPublicGuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2007, 03:52 AM
  #27
FinProspects
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashJeffHockey19 View Post
How on Earth can the top three scorers all be negative in the +/- column? Seems like they're a risky line to have on the ice, despite all the scoring they do. Someone apparently needs to jam some defensive effort into their heads. Still impressive the way they're loading up.
So much offensinve talent in 91 and 92- borns. Rajala, Pulkkinen, Granlund, Karjalainen, Nättinen, Haula, Donskoi. Our junior national tema will be a treat to watch in few years when all these players are playing in WJC. Dont really know about defenders and goalies, maybe someone has more info on them?

FinProspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2007, 11:43 AM
  #28
PuckheadMcGillycuddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinProspects View Post
So much offensinve talent in 91 and 92- borns. Rajala, Pulkkinen, Granlund, Karjalainen, Nättinen, Haula, Donskoi. Our junior national tema will be a treat to watch in few years when all these players are playing in WJC. Dont really know about defenders and goalies, maybe someone has more info on them?
I have names, teams, height, weight and DOBs, but have never seen any of them play, so I'll defer to my Finnish friends on that one.

'09 defensemen
Nico Manelius, Jokerit, 5-11, 190 -- 3/12/91
Sami Suorsa, Karpat, 5-9, 201 -- 4/5/91
Tommi Kivisto, Jokerit, 6-1, 192 -- 6/7/91
Teemu Eronen, Jokerit, 5-10, 174 -- 11/22/90
Mikko Virtanen, Lukko, 6-0, 174 -- 7/12/91
Santeri Palsola, JYP, 5-5, 145 -- 2/1/91
Rasmus Rissanen, KalPa, 6-0, 165 -- 7/13/91
Risto Mattila, Karpat, 5-10, 183 -- 3/7/91
Mikael Aaltonen, TPS, 5-8, 165 -- 1/12/91
Topi Helenius, Ilves, 5-10, 194 -- 1/7/91
Jere-Veikko Pulli, SaiPa, 6-1, 183 -- 6/17/91

'09 goalies
Joni Ortio, TPS, 6-0, 165 -- 4/16/91
Jere Ringbom, Lukko, 5-10, 181 -- 3/9/91
Veli-Heikki Maenalanen, Tappara, 6-2, 187 -- 7/25/91
Jani Sihvonen, SaiPa, 5-9, 168 -- 1/3/91
Ari Ahokas, Blues, 5-9, 152 -- 2/3/91
Patrik Heikkila, Lukko, 5-9, 161 -- 8/12/91
Erno Suomalainen, Blues, 6-0, 154 -- 3/2/91
Frans Tuohimaa, HIFK, 6-0, 168 -- 8/19/91

'10 dmen
Riku Vakiparta, Lukko, 5-11, 165 -- 2/2/92
Dani Dunderfelt, KJT, 5-9, 132 -- 11/10/91

'10 goalies
Riku Harma, Karpat, 5-7, 141 -- 1/22/92
Ville Kolppanen, Tappara, 5-10, 156 -- 9/5/92
Lauri Huhtamaa, Assat, 6-3, 214 -- 10/1/91
Markus Tirkkonen, KalPa, 6-0, 165 -- 11/27/91
Jaakko Nurmi, Lukko, ?-?, ??? -- 8/10/92
Aku Maikola, Lukko, ?-?, ??? -- 7/8/92
Teemu Nipuli, K-reipas, ?-?, ??? -- 3/2/92
Roy Bertula, Jokerit, 5-11, 139 -- 6/7/92
Kristian Jarvinen, TPS, 5-10, 141 -- 7/29/92
Sami Aittokallio, Ilves-T, ?-?, ??? -- 8/6/92

PuckheadMcGillycuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2007, 12:09 PM
  #29
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,930
vCash: 500
I've heard great things about Riku Harma on Karpat.... Seems kinda small though.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 07:48 AM
  #30
joonus
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashJeffHockey19 View Post
How on Earth can the top three scorers all be negative in the +/- column? Seems like they're a risky line to have on the ice, despite all the scoring they do. Someone apparently needs to jam some defensive effort into their heads. Still impressive the way they're loading up.
The top three scorers did only two goals 5 on 5. All the other goals were pp goals (pp minutes 43:22 in three games pp goals 12) So the third and fourth line was only spectators at these three games and didnt get enough ice time. I wondering what was the meaning of these three practise games. Why example the two other -92 born forwards didn't get even a chance to play?? After two games Donskoi has one goal with three shots and best +/- column.. why was he sitting at bench the last game too??

joonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 12:14 PM
  #31
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The lunatic fridge
Country: Finland
Posts: 50,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonus View Post
After two games Donskoi has one goal with three shots and best +/- column.. why was he sitting at bench the last game too??
Fatigue?

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2007, 03:39 PM
  #32
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,930
vCash: 500
Harma is the only 2010 prospect other than Pulkkinen, Granlund and Donskoi I take seriously

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 09:18 AM
  #33
hifk88
Registered User
 
hifk88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Ville Järveläinen (HPK) seems to be the top player of the 1993 class right now...
updated...

CSM (group 1 & 2)

1. Ville Järveläinen, HPK, 8gp. 9+10=19
2. Teemu Korpela, Laser-HT, 9gp. 6+9=15
3. Markus Granlund, Laser-HT, 9gp. 3+11=14
4. Aleksi Rekonen, Jokerit, 8gp, 2+8=10
5. Sami Salminen, HIFK, 8gp. 5+3=8
6. Toni Kallela, Laser-HT, 9gp. 4+3=7
7. Aleksi Niemitalo, Kärpät, 8gp. 4+3=7
8. Henri Allen (D), HPK, 8gp. 1+6=7
9. Patrik Parkkonen (D), HIFK, 6gp. 0+7=7
10. Niko Väätäinen, Jokerit, 8gp. 3+2=5

http://80.248.243.180/cgi-bin/08_kau...RDER=SL&SHOW=1

http://80.248.243.180/cgi-bin/08_kau...RDER=SL&SHOW=1

-------------------------------------------------------

BSM IV Division.

Miikka Salomäki, TeKi 18gp. 36+33=69!

------------------------------------------------------

CSM 1 Division.

Jesse Huhtala, Ässät, 7gp. 7+9=16

-------------------------------------------------------

The real CSM series will start soon...


Last edited by hifk88: 12-27-2007 at 09:18 AM.
hifk88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2007, 12:07 PM
  #34
Diaboli
Registered User
 
Diaboli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: City once voted as F
Posts: 1,370
vCash: 500
Come on guys, more updates on progression, please.

Not that easy to follow-up on players now that I'm Czech Republic..

On an OT matter, the support here at hockey games is brilliant! I'm living in Brno, and there is a team called Kometa playing here. They're playing in the second tier league, and they have the stadium sold out basically every game with a capacity of 7500. Bit different kind of atmosphere than in Finland

Diaboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 08:16 AM
  #35
hifk88
Registered User
 
hifk88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Pulkkinen has now 19 points (10+9) in 10 games and he leads the BSM in scoring. Granlund has 16 points (9+7) in 9 games and he's 4th in scoring.

U-16 team for the Nordic Cup 11.-13.12.2007.
http://www.finhockey.fi/maajoukkueet...s_9-13_12_200/

hifk88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 11:31 AM
  #36
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,930
vCash: 500
I didn't realise Pulkkinen was from Vantaa like the Ruutus. Very interesting.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 09:17 AM
  #37
B Boarding
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 940
vCash: 500
Finlands U16 team got beaten 3 times out of 3 by Sweden last week. In Sweden there hasn't been really much noice at all about any 2010 and 2011 prospects. Did anyone see or hear anything about Pulkkinens, Granlunds and Donskois performances during those games? Could it be that these 3 really are good prospects but the rest of the team is quite bad? Or are we underestimating our 92' crop in Sweden?

B Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 11:46 AM
  #38
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Boarding View Post
Finlands U16 team got beaten 3 times out of 3 by Sweden last week. In Sweden there hasn't been really much noice at all about any 2010 and 2011 prospects. Did anyone see or hear anything about Pulkkinens, Granlunds and Donskois performances during those games? Could it be that these 3 really are good prospects but the rest of the team is quite bad? Or are we underestimating our 92' crop in Sweden?
Don`t read too much into 3 games at the U16 level. Wait and see when these kids are playing in the U20 to form any real opinions.

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
  #39
Garl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Boarding View Post
Finlands U16 team got beaten 3 times out of 3 by Sweden last week. In Sweden there hasn't been really much noice at all about any 2010 and 2011 prospects. Did anyone see or hear anything about Pulkkinens, Granlunds and Donskois performances during those games? Could it be that these 3 really are good prospects but the rest of the team is quite bad? Or are we underestimating our 92' crop in Sweden?
Sweden's 92 crop seems to be decent, Ohman, Landeskog, Mengs, A.Larsson, Westin, Rensfeldt etc. But as a reason of 3 losses in a row, maybe size advanage helped Sweden? Cause they are much bigger.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 01:35 PM
  #40
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The lunatic fridge
Country: Finland
Posts: 50,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Sweden's 92 crop seems to be decent, Ohman, Landeskog, Mengs, A.Larsson, Westin, Rensfeldt etc. But as a reason of 3 losses in a row, maybe size advanage helped Sweden? Cause they are much bigger.
You should also know that in Finland, juniors are allowed to check a year later than elsewhere.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 02:16 PM
  #41
Mikle
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
In Nordic cup: Teemu Pulkkinen in 3 games 4+7, Granlund 3 3+4, Donskoi 3 1+0, against Sweden: first game was 2-2 until third period, two Finland's defencemans got 5+20 and one was injured, so Sweden did five goals. Second game 3-5, Pulkkinen one goal and Finland's best player status, Granlund 0+1, Donskoi 0+0. Third game 3-2, Pulkkinen 0+1, Granlund 0+0, Donskoi 1+1, Finland had three breakaways in the beginning of third period, but no goals. Sweden did 3-2 goal 58.33 so typical Finland-Sweden game.

Mikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 12:02 AM
  #42
Panopticon
Registered User
 
Panopticon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikle View Post
In Nordic cup: Teemu Pulkkinen in 3 games 4+7

Is that a typo? Did he really have 11 points in 3 games? When they lost all three?

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 05:54 AM
  #43
Joretus
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroSennin View Post
Is that a typo? Did he really have 11 points in 3 games? When they lost all three?
No. They lost only to Sweden, but beat Norway&Denmark big time. Imho it doesn't tell anything that if you can score against Norway&Denmark, when obviously against Sweden you can't too much(1+2 in 3 games, ok, but nothing special).

After Nordic Cup they played two exhibitions against Sweden and lost those two as well.

Joretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 06:23 AM
  #44
Panopticon
Registered User
 
Panopticon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joretus View Post
No. They lost only to Sweden, but beat Norway&Denmark big time. Imho it doesn't tell anything that if you can score against Norway&Denmark, when obviously against Sweden you can't too much(1+2 in 3 games, ok, but nothing special).

After Nordic Cup they played two exhibitions against Sweden and lost those two as well.
That's kind of worrying. Didn't the 91s do a lot better at this tournament last year?

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 07:53 AM
  #45
Joretus
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroSennin View Post
That's kind of worrying. Didn't the 91s do a lot better at this tournament last year?
Nope, they lost as well to Sweden. And had harder time against Denmark as well(6-2). Btw. Toni Rajala had 8points and he were 2nd in points with Svensson-Pääjärvi. This year Pääjärvi already with U-20 team, so I think Rajala would have enough skills(but not size obviously) to U-20 as well. So at least Pulkkinen is contributing same way as Rajala.

Seems like Finland 91's won Sweden just once last year, tho they dominated couple of games, but couldn't just win those.

Joretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 09:07 AM
  #46
Mikle
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
You can see Nordic cup statistics here: http://www.finhockey.fi/maajoukkueet...s_9-13_12_200/
Statistics from second game: http://stats.swehockey.se/online/40/...load_coolmenus
And from third game: http://stats.swehockey.se/online/40/...load_coolmenus

Mikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 09:49 AM
  #47
hifk88
Registered User
 
hifk88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Miikka Salomäki

He's playing in the same club where Joonas Donskoi played last season (TeKi) and he already has 36+33=69 points in 18 games (including tournament games). Teki 90-91 is playing in the BSM IV Division and Miikka seems to really dominate there with his older brother Santtu (-91).

Anyone heard of this guy before or seen him on the ice?

His profile.
http://www.teraskiekko.com/teki91/ku...8/miikkas.html

Ps. I don't remember Donskoi being as dominant (statwise) at the B or C-level last season?


Last edited by hifk88: 12-27-2007 at 11:34 AM.
hifk88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 07:57 AM
  #48
Joretus
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifk88 View Post
He's playing in the same club where Joonas Donskoi played last season (TeKi) and he already has 36+33=69 points in 18 games (including tournament games). Teki 90-91 is playing in the BSM IV Division and Miikka seems to really dominate there with his older brother Santtu (-91).

Anyone heard of this guy before or seen him on the ice?

His profile.
http://www.teraskiekko.com/teki91/ku...8/miikkas.html

Ps. I don't remember Donskoi being as dominant (statwise) at the B or C-level last season?
I don't think it says anything to be dominant in that kind of "level". I mean IV div is so low level of competition.

Joretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 08:34 AM
  #49
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,901
vCash: 500
Salomäki is a skilled player, but his skating is a lot weaker than for example Donskoi's and his teamwork ability could use plenty of improvement as well, especially in the defensive zone.

Last years stats from junior C II-div:
SALOMÄKI Miikka (12gp) 16g + 22a = 38p
DONSKOI Joonas (8gp) 19g + 17a = 36p

Another somewhat interesting 93-born forward playing in junior B from northern Finland is Arttu Heikkinen (Soki/KuKi II-div). He leads his team in scoring (7gp) 7g + 4a = 11p. He's bigger than Salomäki and plays against better and tougher opponents.

From the 93-born forwards in northern Finland, that i have seen playing i would rank at least Aleksi Niemitalo (kärpät) and Teemu Korpela (Laser ht) ahead of these guys at the moment.


Last edited by Tormentor: 12-28-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2007, 08:51 AM
  #50
hifk88
Registered User
 
hifk88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Salomäki is a skilled player, but his skating is a lot weaker than for example Donskoi's and his teamwork ability could use plenty of improvement as well, especially in the defensive zone.

Last years stats from junior C II-div:
SALOMÄKI Miikka (12gp) 16g + 22a = 38p
DONSKOI Joonas (8gp) 19g + 17a = 36p

Another somewhat interesting 93-born forward playing in junior B from northern Finland is Arttu Heikkinen (Soki/KuKi II-div). He leads his team in scoring (7gp) 7g + 4a = 11p. He's bigger than Salomäki and plays against better and tougher opponents.

From the 93-born forwards in northern Finland, that i have seen playing i would rank at least Aleksi Niemitalo (kärpät) and Teemu Korpela (Laser ht) ahead of this guys at the moment.
Ok, thanks for the info. Especially about Heikkinen. Never heard of this guy before.

hifk88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.