HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL.com Rangers prospects report

Old
08-21-2007, 05:30 AM
NYRJurgen88

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
NHL.com Rangers prospects report

A good write up here about alot of our key guys:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=336074

i love the fact they wrote this:

The Rangers' system was weak when Sather took over. Now, the pipeline is spitting out gold nuggets. Here’s a look at some of the team’s top prospects.

Gold nuggets?!?!?

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 05:35 AM
NYRJurgen88

this is an interesting point by Gordie Clark on the Montoya situation from this article:

When I was with the Islanders, we had a bad team and promoted Roberto Luongo too soon,” Clark recalled. “He tried, but it didn't work and the GM and coach soured on him. I can't believe he's been traded twice! We have Henrik Lunqvist in the prime of his career. The challenge for Montoya is to come in and win the backup job, but is that the best thing for him? Should he sit and back up in the NHL or continue to face shots and work on his game for another year in the AHL? That hasn't been decided yet."

Maybe the cap space will allow Montoya to back up???

Old
08-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Dilettante

I can't effin wait to see the Wolfpack this year.

Dilettante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 06:43 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
I can't effin wait to see the Wolfpack this year.
that Pack will be even younger than last year and even more explosive potentially!! they could very well be a very good team, up there for the calder cup i hope.

Old
08-21-2007, 06:53 AM
DimaNYR

I'm really happy for this organization! The Rangers and the Wolfpack are both successful, as a well-run franchise should be.

DimaNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 06:58 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTEKJIO View Post
I'm really happy for this organization! The Rangers and the Wolfpack are both successful, as a well-run franchise should be.
i agree.

However, I think farm teams can go two ways. The Avalanche a few years ago traded away alot of picks and talents to 'win now' and their farm system suffered.
On the other hand The Caps have built patently and Hershey have been a very good team in the A for a while now, though granted maybe the Caps build to patiently and after all the AVs won 2 cups!!!

Also Look at Rochester. The Sabres built patiently and the Rochester club is always competitive and full of players the Sabres can build around.

a deep prospect pool and patience will show all the way through an organisation.

Old
08-21-2007, 07:06 AM
DimaNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
i agree.

Also Look at Rochester. The Sabres built patiently and the Rochester club is always competitive and full of players the Sabres can build around.

a deep prospect pool and patience will show all the way through an organisation.
This is the path the Rangers have been going the last couple of years, I believe - keeping the farm competitive, and at the same time drawing good, young players onto the big team year after year.

what was the last time this organization was run as it is now? Now, I know that drawing conclusions upon the last couple of years is premature, but still

DimaNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 07:14 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTEKJIO View Post
This is the path the Rangers have been going the last couple of years, I believe - keeping the farm competitive, and at the same time drawing good, young players onto the big team year after year.

what was the last time this organization was run as it is now? Now, I know that drawing conclusions upon the last couple of years is premature, but still
you're right.

The only way you can have success in the cap world is to use your farm system well. Compliment your Jagr's and Lundqvists with your Dubinsky's or like last year your Callahan's etc.

The younger playesr have taken on even more importance in the cap world and thankfully the Rangers recognised that. I can easily see half a dozen players on the 07/08 Hartford team starting the following year in NY and that excites me because they have alot of talent. They just need the right opportunity now.

Old
08-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Pizza

One of the better in depth articles that I've seen on our prospects.

Now here's a thread that should pile up the pages instead of a discussion about a guy who may or may not sign with the club. Just my opinion.

This will be the critical discussion in the near future. What to do with all these prospects.

Who stays, who go's and what to do we get for the guys that have to be cut loose?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote