Notices

Thrashers Top 20 prospects

Old
08-21-2007, 11:35 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Thrashers Top 20 prospects

The top of the Atlanta Thrashers Top 20 list remains unchanged, with Ondrej Pavelec, Bryan Little and Brett Sterling at the top.

Read full article...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 07:26 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Is there any particular reason why Pavelec is so disrespected by the so called experts around here? He is easily a Top 50 prospect, and has a much higher ceiling than many of the other goalies on the most recent Top 50 ranking.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Holly Gunning

I wasn't on the Top 50 committee last time (nor I am on the one that is currently convened), but I do know that it is the opinion of the writers who cover the Q that Jonathan Bernier is the better prospect. Bernier was 40th in the last rankings, so if Pavelec was to go on, it would be below him. I think he just missed the cut last time. The new rankings should be out in September and I have no idea if he'll be on, but I do know that the 2007 draftees have to be worked in.

Pavelec certainly has some issues that would scare people off. Around November after he's played 10 or so pro games, we'll know better what he's got. Bernier (taken 11th overall in 2006 by LA) is likely returning to junior though, so the Pavelec vs. Bernier debate won't be settled for a while.

If prospects were divided evenly, each NHL team would have 1.67 prospects in the Top 50. That's a fun fact to put out there when this stuff comes up.

Holly Gunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
What's the likelyhood that Pavalec sees some NHL time if Kari goes down?

08-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Lux Aurumque*

If we were to experience the problems of the 05-06 season, Hedberg would take starter duties, and then it would probably be Freddie as back-up. Pavelec's development is really important, and it's better for him, at this point in time, to be the starter in Chicago than a back-up in Atlanta.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote