HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Thread: Rangers-Flames

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2004, 12:03 PM
nyr5186

vCash: 500
Official Game Thread: Rangers-Flames

Meh.

Old
01-05-2004, 01:43 PM
nyr5186

Game starts in a half hour. Looks like Jussi will get the start. Poti back in the lineup as well. Its good to see Ortmeyer get some time with Holik and Rucinsky, but it still pisses me off that Messier got the most ice time among centers. The last time that happened, Mess went 8 games without scoring a point. Then when he went back to 4th line minutes, he started scoring.

Old
01-05-2004, 02:46 PM
riz

Wheee !! 3-0 first period....at home.....ladies and gentlemen, the Rangers are back in the building.

Good night folks

Old
01-05-2004, 02:53 PM
NCalFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
Wheee !! 3-0 first period....at home.....ladies and gentlemen, the Rangers are back in the building.

Good night folks
Oh Yee of Little faith. Mess said that the last four games were strange. They won three they could have lost and lost their best game so....with that logic they ought to win this one going away having set the flames up for defeat by giving them a three goal lead.

Old
01-05-2004, 03:04 PM
sickboy35

this team sucks!!!!!

Old
01-05-2004, 03:05 PM
riz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCalFan
Oh Yee of Little faith. Mess said that the last four games were strange. They won three they could have lost and lost their best game so....with that logic they ought to win this one going away having set the flames up for defeat by giving them a three goal lead.
4-0 now. Is this part of the grand plan :p ?

Rangers are being outworked in this one. It's gonna be a long night for the blueshirts...

Edit: Seems like Dunham is in the nets starting the second period.

Old
01-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Mark Pavelich

Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
This is friggin embarassing.

Old
01-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pavelich
This is friggin embarassing.

Billy Madison on FOX. Sweet.

Old
01-05-2004, 03:20 PM
PotiFan03

4-0 Calgary?!!!

When are these guys (Rangers) going to grow up?

They rely way too much on Markkanen and Dunham to bail them out every night. Just a total lack of discipline. What more can you say?

Old
01-05-2004, 03:32 PM
sickboy35

once again......

we make an average goaltender look like the 2nd coming of patrick roy!! this team continues to be the laughing stock of the league! i got a great idea? why don't we play all the supposed "talented" players? god knows they earn their paychecks better the the ortmyers of the team!! effin joke!!!

Old
01-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
If

i had to watch Poti every game i think i would puke. The guy has no clue what is goin on in his own zone. Loved that fake hit with iginla's stick.

Old
01-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Mark Pavelich

Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
Turning point of this game was the opening faceoff.

Old
01-05-2004, 04:14 PM
NYR Battaglia

Nice bounce off the boards....5-0

Old
01-05-2004, 04:23 PM
shmekel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Battaglia
Nice bounce off the boards....5-0
Man, that's just adding insult to injury.

Old
01-05-2004, 06:23 PM
icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pavelich
Turning point of this game was the opening faceoff.
I'll have to remember that one.

Old
01-05-2004, 06:58 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
The biggest problem is this team has not shown any ability to make up these points against better teams.

01-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Really, REALLY glad I missed this one.

Old
01-06-2004, 03:21 AM
NoHeart

i was there last night and i almost had to call in sick today!!!!! Just a complete joke from start to finish!!!!!

This is the 3rd time in 6 games we pulled the starting goalie!!! Maybe its the team defense and not the goalies?????

And sather has the nerve in the post game interview to say its because they just returned home from a road trip.

Please if there is a god in heaven let Dolan see what is happining with the Knicks and realize that with the right guy and a fresh perspective good things can still happen.

Its a sad day my friends, i always though that there was a ceratin amount of pride that came with wearing a ranger jersey, but with the exception of one or 2 players i just dont see it.

Old
01-06-2004, 03:23 AM
Laches

We need to come up with a name for the awfulness the Rangers display in January each year. The Annual Ankle-Grab? The Halfway Holiday Hangover? Glen Sather and Co.'s Month Off?

Here's another thing, I want anyone of the Sather apologists who have been maintaining that things were so bad here when Sather took over that there's no way he could have gotten any success out of the team in only three years to take a look at what Darryl Sutter has done with the Calgary Flames and tell me that again. He took over a team that is the only one in the NHL with a current non-playoff streak longer than the Rangers and hasn't won a playoff series in nearly fifteen years, and which is one of the most cash-strapped teams in the league, and he has them turned around in less than a full season after taking over. Don't tell me it couldn't be done when others have done it elsewhere.

Old
01-06-2004, 03:40 AM
True Blue

Yeah....well that was certainly interesting. Who could not predict the way that it would go? Is there anyone that did not think that the Rangers would get outworked first game back? And, please, Sather. Don't tell me about the first game back from a roadtrip blues. The Rangers played a 1pm game on Saturday, and so could have slept in their own beds on Saturday night. It's not like the flight from Pittsburgh took an overly long time. These guys got back at a reasonable hour and had 2 nights in which to rest.
Now that Lindros spoke up, I guess that Sather decided to institute that they should pratice 5 on 3's. How about the 5 on 4's? Or the 4 on 5's?
And, for the love of God, how about KNOCKING SOMEONE DOWN IN FRONT OF THE NET??!!! What kind of system preaches that you ignore opposing players in front of your goalie?
Guess that's what Lindros gets for speaking. 14.5 minutes of ice time. As Brooks points out, is anyone shocked that heading into the 3rd period, Messier had 4 more minutes of ice time than either Holik or Lindros? BTW, did anyone notice that in the Pittsburh game, Mess had an absurd 18+ minutes, while Holik got 13 and Lindros 16? Is it a shock
that Messier looked again his age last night? Is it a shock that after looking very good when playing less minutes that Messier's play deteriorated when Sather jacked up his time again?
What's the effin' point of even getting mad anymore? The script for last night's game could have been written at any given juncture for what is now the 7th year in a row.
Come on, Sather apologists. Please tell me how much better the team is now than when he took over. From my prespectice, a sign of bad coaching is the abonominable special teams. The PP and PK is ALL about coaching.
Did warm my hurting heart a tad to hear the Garden chant "Fire Sather". The only thing about last night that I am surprised about is the fact that Sather did not use the chant as an excuse to the Rangers pathetic play.
Anyone want to challenge that Thursday's game against the 'CAnes and Saturday's game against the Isles are MUST wins? One may even throw in Sunday's game against the 'Bolts into that category. This team has squandered so many early season games that seemingly every game is a must win.

Old
01-06-2004, 03:46 AM
riz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laches
We need to come up with a name for the awfulness the Rangers display in January each year. The Annual Ankle-Grab? The Halfway Holiday Hangover? Glen Sather and Co.'s Month Off?

Here's another thing, I want anyone of the Sather apologists who have been maintaining that things were so bad here when Sather took over that there's no way he could have gotten any success out of the team in only three years to take a look at what Darryl Sutter has done with the Calgary Flames and tell me that again. He took over a team that is the only one in the NHL with a current non-playoff streak longer than the Rangers and hasn't won a playoff series in nearly fifteen years, and which is one of the most cash-strapped teams in the league, and he has them turned around in less than a full season after taking over. Don't tell me it couldn't be done when others have done it elsewhere.
Here is the Official Rangers Calendar:

September - December: Regular Season
January - March: Off-Season
April - June: Golf-Season
July - August: Playoffs

And the activities during each section:
Regular Season: Show glimpses of talent, hang around .500 to prove that the team is righting the ship...for good....again.
Off-Season: "Nah, we win on paper so why even bother to show up..." and go out to buy some golf equipment.
Golf-Season: Do what you do best and watch some real hockey on TV
Playoffs: The season when management bids against themselves in a "Best Of 7 Ludicrous Offers" series for the available free agents.

Sigh.....

I'll say the same thing about Calgary. They have actually gone and improved, unlike the Rangers. They haven't dished out on Names and loaded up on paper. They have built a system and selected the players that fit that system. But as always, the Rangers have to do it the other way around.....

Old
01-06-2004, 03:49 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHeart
i was there last night and i almost had to call in sick today!!!!! Just a complete joke from start to finish!!!!!

This is the 3rd time in 6 games we pulled the starting goalie!!! Maybe its the team defense and not the goalies?????

And sather has the nerve in the post game interview to say its because they just returned home from a road trip.

Please if there is a god in heaven let Dolan see what is happining with the Knicks and realize that with the right guy and a fresh perspective good things can still happen.

Its a sad day my friends, i always though that there was a ceratin amount of pride that came with wearing a ranger jersey, but with the exception of one or 2 players i just dont see it.
Just so you know, rarely it's a goalies play that gets him pulled. Rather it's the play of the team, or lack of play from the team that gets the goalie yanked.

Last night had nothing to do with Jussi. The goals that got past him were legit hard working goals (except the Iginla goal). That was just plain old brain fart on the teams part. How on earth do you leave JAROME IGINLA alone with the goalie. Like he's not going to score??

Whatever. Not going to get to pissed off just yet as they were due for a major clunker. Just need to make sure that the next team pays a heavy price for last night.

They have to get their s---together for the Hurricanes on Thursday and then the Islanders on Saturday. Anything like a repeat performance from last night should be punishable by death.

Old
01-06-2004, 03:54 AM
JR#9*

Thankfully I found some poor soul to buy my tix for last night and was only able to watch the 1st period before I had to do some running around but as much as it may have been expected it is still very disheartening.

The Flames simply were the more hungry team and beat us to every loose puck.Sutter gets his teams to play, that's for sure and that's something we need here.

Slats is such a F'in joke it's almost ridiculous at this point and I never heard a guy give so many lamea$$ excuses in my life!!!The people that defend this guy are out of their minds.He is so caught up in his own ego that I really think he has detatched himself from reality and I think he truely believes in the BS he tries to spin with everything that goes wrong.Just a F'in joke.

Now that Dolan has made some moves to get the Knicks somewhat back on track maybe he'll turn his attention to cleaning up our mess and the best way to do that is getting rid of the egomaniac Slats.How a guy who has failed so miserably even manages to hang onto any sort of ego is beyond me but this a-hole manages to do so.It's really mind-boggling.

I'm glad to hear the fire Slats chants are finally coming down from the stands.I can't stand the F'in guy at this point.If I see his smug face giving excuses game after game I'm going to go nuts.The biggest double talker in the NHL.What a joke.

Old
01-06-2004, 03:56 AM
NoHeart

i couldnt agree with you more True Blue. We havent had a defensman who knocked someone down since Beuk and maybe Ulfie. The bottom line is this after 6 years of this crap i dont want to sneak into the playoffs as a number 8 only to get bounced by either the Flyers or Devils or who ever the number one seed is. Not to mention then i we will get to hear all summer long about how Glen took us back to the promised land and the ship is slowly starting to turn in the right direction.

WE SUCK!!! Lets cut our loses Trade what has value And establish a strong foundation to grow on. There probably wont be much of a season next year any way so lets get a bunch of prospects and picks give them a year to perculate and see what happens in 05-06. Get rid of the dead weight, Poti, Carter, Hlavac, Lindros ( who i cant see re-signing hera after the year anyway...hell probably go to a playoff team ...so lets get something for him now before its to late),Nedved who has better value now the he will in 2 years, Kovi who dissapears every time he puts on a ranger jersey.

JUST PLEAS DO SOMETHING MORE THEN SIT AROUND AND LIVE IN DENIAL !!!!!!!!

Old
01-06-2004, 04:02 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
i had to watch Poti every game i think i would puke. The guy has no clue what is goin on in his own zone. Loved that fake hit with iginla's stick.
Well it's a good thing you have all those allstars on the Isles to watch every night so why don't you focus on their stellar play.

And although he has played better this year anybody posting under Kvasinator shouldn't be bashing other guys for clueless and heartless play b/c very few if any players have combined that package better than your boy Oleg the last few yrs so pipe down and worry about the Saturday-Tuesday matchup b/c if there's something to get us out of our slump it will be beating up on the Isles next week!

Closed Thread