HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peca a blue jacket

Old
08-21-2007, 03:08 PM
neg marron

vCash: 500
peca

if he doesn't sign with the rangers how about us

neg marron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 03:11 PM
CrazyShea

And where will he play?

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by neg marron View Post
No

We have Smolinski witch is almost the same type of player

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 03:16 PM
SpreeEndaz

Since when do we need the Leafs' leftovers?

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 03:27 PM
HabstuckinTO

Please no. No room and he would only take ice time away from a young player. We know Peca's upside is limited at this point in his career. We need to find out the upside of the top young players.

HabstuckinTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Garo

Hell yeah.

Wouldn't sign with us though.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 03:58 PM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg marron View Post
How about I vomit in a bowl, add some MSG, eat it, vomit again into a large coffee mug, add cinamon, drink it, then vomit again into my mouth and look in the mirror and remember for always why Peca should not sign here.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 03:59 PM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn no.

Glass Joe, we don't need.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 04:01 PM
peperebougon*

too late! We have Smolinski now. He is less injury prone.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 05:02 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
peca between Lapierre and Begin or Streit would be an ok line.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 05:18 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Yeah, it would be awesome to keep our prospects further off our depth chart for aging veterans who suck at their jobs now.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yeah, it would be awesome to keep our prospects further off our depth chart for aging veterans who suck at their jobs now.
that's what i was thinking too, when the **** are we going to let our kids a chance to make the team, signing Brisebois already leaves us no hope that one of O'byrne, Valentenko, Carle and Subban make the team, Smolinksi took Chipchura's job witch he was ready and Kostopoulos took one of Ferland , Milroy or even Lappierre's job

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 05:50 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
that's what i was thinking too, when the **** are we going to let our kids a chance to make the team, signing Brisebois already leaves us no hope that one of O'byrne, Valentenko, Carle and Subban make the team, Smolinksi took Chipchura's job witch he was ready and Kostopoulos took one of Ferland , Milroy or even Lappierre's job
Ferland and Milroy are a waste of Space. Who exactly is ready to do Peca's job? Lahti? Kotstopolose? Murray? Give me a break. 4 lines are needed and if he passes a physical peca is a good player who could easily replace Johnson or Perogi. I dont see how Johnson, Bonk and Zhogin have been replaced.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Peca signs in Columbus 1 year deal per Sportsnet

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 10:05 PM
brownman*

LMAO Peca

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 10:40 PM
carbomustgo07

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Since when do we need the Leafs' leftovers?
It's true, why would we need an old, injury-prone, inconsistent, leaf? I wiould so rather have Smokes at the center who could at least hit someone down, whereas Peca is always the one taking the hits. I'm extremely pleased with our centers at the moment so Mr. Peca should go play 4th line with the Rangers(if he even gets there).

carbomustgo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Grabo59

I think at this point, any extra roster spots should be used to motivate the young guys (Grabovksy, Milroy, Locke...) into playing their best in training camp and pre season in order to compete for the last spot. Also, a rookie will give 100% every shift in fear of being sent down, unlike Peca who may take some shifts off.

Also, he's really not the kind of player we were looking for. We have enough third liners.

Grabo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 12:53 AM
revin5*

Seems he'll be playing for Columbus, according to TSN.

revin5* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 07:40 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
When they're ready for the NHL, that's when. There's no way that Valentenko, Carle and Subban were going to make the Habs better this year. O'Byrne is close but not there yet and still has lots to learn in the AHL. Same goes for Chipper and the others except Lapierre, who will be with the Habs.

I laugh every time I see someone complaining about no kids making the team when the Habs already have a bunch of kids in the lineup. The goal is to win games, not play kids that aren't NHL ready.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
How about I vomit in a bowl, add some MSG, eat it, vomit again into a large coffee mug, add cinamon, drink it, then vomit again into my mouth and look in the mirror and remember for always why Peca should not sign here.

Thanks, you just turned me off my breakfast

If Peca is healthy he wouldn't have been a bad addition. But I agree with other posters, with the addition of Smoke, we really didn't have the room for him. I think he will fit in nicely in Columbus.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Ferland and Milroy are a waste of Space. Who exactly is ready to do Peca's job? Lahti? Kotstopolose? Murray? Give me a break. 4 lines are needed and if he passes a physical peca is a good player who could easily replace Johnson or Perogi. I dont see how Johnson, Bonk and Zhogin have been replaced.

I think Smoke will replace Bonk, not as good defensively, but he'll put up better numbers. Kosto replaces Johnson, by adding a bit more grit. Of the 3, I don't think we have really replaced Perez yet.

Old
08-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabo59 View Post
I think at this point, any extra roster spots should be used to motivate the young guys (Grabovksy, Milroy, Locke...) into playing their best in training camp and pre season in order to compete for the last spot. Also, a rookie will give 100% every shift in fear of being sent down, unlike Peca who may take some shifts off.

Also, he's really not the kind of player we were looking for. We have enough third liners.
I agree with leaving a roster spot open for the kids to fight it out. But as for saying he's not the kind of player we are looking for, I don't agree. If healthy, and that's a big IF, he brings a lot to the table, has great character and would be a good addition to any team. We lost a lot of dressing room presence when Souray left, Peca would have helped replace that.

Old
08-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I agree with leaving a roster spot open for the kids to fight it out. But as for saying he's not the kind of player we are looking for, I don't agree. If healthy, and that's a big IF, he brings a lot to the table, has great character and would be a good addition to any team. We lost a lot of dressing room presence when Souray left, Peca would have helped replace that.
Agreed. On top of which, when it comes down to signing guys like that at bargain prices who you can reasonably confidently project to having trade deadline value, wellllll... so long as it really is a bargain price... then I'd find it hard to argue against Peca being a fit for us. We certainly have the cap space. Even with Smolinski on board, I don't see a readily-identifiable checking line amongst our current default lineup. Leadership and chemistry might be tricky things, and even for our team with an apparent void in some of those areas it's always hard to get just the right mix or predict how any one player might fit in the balance.

But I just don't see a whole lot of downside to adding a guy like Peca. If the team is successful, he's probably a good asset to have heading into the playoffs. If the team isn't successful, you can probably trade him for some more good futures. I think Peca would have been a less risky signing than, say, Brisebois for us. We'd have gotten more out of him - one way or another, even via trade - than we're likely to get out of Brisebois.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Mister Tazzi

Peca a blue jacket

I didn't hear all the details but Peca just signed a 1 year deal as per ckac. So I guess Eklund wasn't that far off and actually predicted something right, it was either the blue shirts or the blue jackets, Peca opted for the jacket...

Mister Tazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Brisk-Illusion

Right when I thought signing with Toronto was as a low his career would get...

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote