HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Luongo

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2003, 08:22 AM
Teezax

vCash: 500
Luongo

I think if this guy ever becomes available, we should do anything and everything to land him. I truly believe that this guy is an elite goaltender in this league and could be the difference in us winning the cup. He has played for dismal teams so far in the NHL and he is surely becoming frustrated at the amount of shots he is facing every night. Say he pulls a Roy and asks for a trade (anything is possible) would you offer this..
I put it on the Panthers board to see if it is worthwhile.

Handzus, Williams, Therien 1st in '05

I think it's a pretty fair deal. They need a physical presence on the blueline to help take some minutes off a young J-Bo, a good 1st or 2nd line center in Handzus, a feisty young gritty forward who can easily play 2nd line, and a 1st rounder who can help out their already promising future. I covet Luongo very much and i have this vision since he came in this league that one day he would be a Flyer. his dad and mine are good friends as well.

*Robert also played in my ball hockey league as a forward

Old
12-23-2003, 08:24 AM
blah

I think it'd take more than that.

Old
12-23-2003, 08:30 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
I was reading about him in the Panthers forum. They LOVE him there.

I don't get to see much of him but what I've seen and heard is pretty damn good. I'd hate to give up Williams, because I like the way he has progressed and he is tenacious, but you would definitely have to consider it.

Anyone remember what Colorado gave up for Roy? There was talk on the Panthers board of him forcing a trade.

Old
12-23-2003, 08:37 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKordicsFist
I was reading about him in the Panthers forum. They LOVE him there.

I don't get to see much of him but what I've seen and heard is pretty damn good. I'd hate to give up Williams, because I like the way he has progressed and he is tenacious, but you would definitely have to consider it.

Anyone remember what Colorado gave up for Roy? There was talk on the Panthers board of him forcing a trade.
I wouldn't want to give up WIlliams either, but bottom line is they won't trade him for Brash, Somik, Therien, Fridge, you know what i mean. We have to offer some degree fo talent to bring in an awesome goalie.

Thibault, Kovalenko, Rucinsky maybe some picks for Roy and Keane
Still stands as one of the worst trades in Habs' History

Old
12-23-2003, 08:40 AM
Rex88

First off - this is not my first post, previously Rex8 but due to tech difficulties have had to reinstate.
I too love Luongo (and any young franchise goalie for that matter as they are few and far between), but I think it would take more to get him.

I think you would need:
Handzus, Gags, Esche and maybe a pick to pry him away

Very high risk reward ratio there.
I bet that your initial proposal gets thrashed over there.

Old
12-23-2003, 08:41 AM
Winston Wolf

Hey, Dudley is their GM! All it's gonna take is some prospects!

Old
12-23-2003, 09:02 AM
Steve L*

The likelyhood of Luongo being moved is the same as that of Kovalchuk, Fleury etc.

It just wont happen, hes their franchise.

Old
12-23-2003, 09:09 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
The likelyhood of Luongo being moved is the same as that of Kovalchuk, Fleury etc.

It just wont happen, hes their franchise.
So Was Roy to the Habs, however you can't rule out him asking for a trade if the bombardment continues.

Old
12-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
So Was Roy to the Habs, however you can't rule out him asking for a trade if the bombardment continues.
Somehow I dont think Luongo will throw a hissy fit like Roy did. Hes untouchable now.

I like him but theres no way wed get him.

Old
12-23-2003, 11:54 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
Somehow I dont think Luongo will throw a hissy fit like Roy did. Hes untouchable now.

I like him but theres no way wed get him.
A guy can dream, can't he

They may take our lives, but they'll never take.....my wishful thinking!

Old
12-23-2003, 01:40 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax

Handzus, Williams, Therien 1st in '05
DONE! I would do this in a heart beat for Luongo but like others have said it would take more and he's not available. he is definitely the type of goalie we have to get though.

Old
12-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Fla.Flyer.Fan

I watch a fair amount of Panthers games, as they my "home team". Luongo is pretty damb good! He just faces sooo many shots and a lot of them are real good chances too. He has to be fustrated the way his record is starting to look. I don't see him going anywhere though - they have nothing (especilly long term) without him.

Old
12-24-2003, 10:23 AM
HockeyGuy1011

im originally from philly but now in south florida and a HUGE panthers fan...down south in the panthers forum there was guys mentioning a trade like this...
Flyers Get: Luongo, Biron, 5th Rdr. 2004
Panthers Get: Williams, Esch, Pitkanen, 1st Rdr. 2005

now im a panthers fan but im not stupid....these luongo fans (and dont get me wrong i am definitely one of em) say that they STILL wouldnt do this trade...i had to step up and say WHATS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!?!?!
that trade would be amazing but clarke would NEVER do it...
people are stupid, thats an amazing trade for the cats and some of the fans still dont like it....what do they want??? brodeur, kovalchuk, nash, and a 1st rdr....wait theyd probably not do that either

Old
12-26-2003, 06:05 AM
Vincent Vega

If you want to aquire Roberto Luongo I am pretty sure that you will need to include Robert Esche. I am thinking Esche and Williams and build around that.

Old
12-26-2003, 10:35 AM
Fla.Flyer.Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash61
If you want to aquire Roberto Luongo I am pretty sure that you will need to include Robert Esche. I am thinking Esche and Williams and build around that.
Not that I believe any of this is gonna happen, but - I would really like to see Esche play as the #1 guy for a good stretch before we do ANYTHING goalie wise.

Old
01-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy1011
im originally from philly but now in south florida and a HUGE panthers fan...down south in the panthers forum there was guys mentioning a trade like this...
Flyers Get: Luongo, Biron, 5th Rdr. 2004
Panthers Get: Williams, Esch, Pitkanen, 1st Rdr. 2005

now im a panthers fan but im not stupid....these luongo fans (and dont get me wrong i am definitely one of em) say that they STILL wouldnt do this trade...i had to step up and say WHATS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!?!?!
that trade would be amazing but clarke would NEVER do it...
people are stupid, thats an amazing trade for the cats and some of the fans still dont like it....what do they want??? brodeur, kovalchuk, nash, and a 1st rdr....wait theyd probably not do that either
Hey guys, I am a Panther fan and just wanted to elaborate.

I honestly think that a few guys like Bouwmeester, Luongo, Kovalchuk, Nash, Heatley, Fleury have more trade value than anybody in the league. If you offered me Brodeur for Luongo straightup, I would say no. Don't flame me just yet, follow me through -- Brodeur is on the best defensive team in the league, Luongo the worst. Luongo is still really young and believe it or not, he has room to improve.

The reason I would not accept your trade is that if we remove Luongo from our team, we would have AT LEAST 10 less points. I am not being a homer here, but he is as important to our team as any one player is to any given team.

Closed Thread