Notices

New Eklund Rumor

Old
08-23-2007, 04:19 PM
OttMorrow

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
New Eklund Rumor

"Stars are looking at a goalie...a young back-up, possibly Montoya, maybe to challenge for a starter role."
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=9089

If there is any truth to this(which i question), the question is why? With Turco's playoff clinic and Smith's outstanding job as a backup last year, i don't see goaltending being an area we need to address. Unless we pick up a Montoya to use as trade bait for a dynamic forward this doesn't make much sense. Take it for what it is....after this is Eklund.

OttMorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
maybe he heared the Stars also offered Auld a contract....so maybe someone should tell him Dallas did it to have someone who's challanging Stephan down in Iowa

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttMorrow View Post
"Stars are looking at a goalie...a young back-up, possibly Montoya, maybe to challenge for a starter role."
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=9089

If there is any truth to this(which i question), the question is why? With Turco's playoff clinic and Smith's outstanding job as a backup last year, i don't see goaltending being an area we need to address. Unless we pick up a Montoya to use as trade bait for a dynamic forward this doesn't make much sense. Take it for what it is....after this is Eklund.
this is a joke

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Geogaddi

I'd like to know what would go the Rangers way. I'd love to have Zubov back, but thats out of the question. But both teams have quite a bit of depth on the back line so i dont see a D-man being involved.

Eklund is such a crock.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2007, 05:45 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

Can I add Eklund to my ignore list

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2007, 09:41 AM
BigG44

Mike Heika reported that the Iowa Stars have signed goaltender Philippe Sauve to an AHL contract. According to Heika, if one of the Dallas goaltenders goes down and Dallas doesn't feel comfortable bringing Tobias Stephan up, then they will sign Sauve to a NHL contract.

Check out the Dallas Morning News Star's Blog for the story:
http://stars.beloblog.com/?nl

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Is Ellis still in the fold, or will it be a Sauve-Stephan tandem?

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2007, 01:33 PM
lammy

Ellis is gone

he has signed elsewhere, if i am not mistaken Nashville signed him

lammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Yeah, I just read about that on an SI.com article. Looks like it's Sauve and Stephan then.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Kevin Wey

It's official on the I-Stars' website, Sauve is signed. That is a huge coup. Sauve is a good goaltender. A tandem of Sauve and Stephan is better than Ellis and Stephan, in my opinion.

Kudos to the I-Stars for managing to land such a player to an AHL contract. Obviously, he'd make a decent third stringer for Dallas if he is indeed signed mid-season (if injuries necessitate). Sauve is far more proven than Stephan at this point, although I do hope Sauve and Stephan at list split time, for Stephan's development.

If Silverthorn is the fifth, everything looks great in net for Iowa again. Now, it'll come down to see how the defense shakes out in Dallas if Dallas or the I-Stars can give Iowa one more high-caliber, veteran AHL defenseman. One of Grossman or Baumgartner will start in Iowa if nobody is traded and all are healthy come October. Even then, having that additional two-way AHL defenseman would be handy, as injuries are bound to happen during the season.

Things are looking very good for Iowa this season. If this final addition at defense can be made, things will look exceptionally good.

Kevin Wey is offline   Reply With Quote