HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another cool flyers gift

Old
08-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
Another cool flyers gift

I recieved another neat gift from my moms boss today, he knows I am a huge flyers fan, and he has been a season ticket holder since the first year, hes friends with Mr. Snider, and has a ton of **** just lying around. He recently gave me that Silver Flyers Season Ticket coin from the 1967 season.

Well today he gave me a gold plated...paperweight, it is in the shape of a puck, with black trim, it says "SEASON TICKET" at the top ....then the flyers logo, and underneath, "HOLDER."

I took a couple of pictures, 1 i used FLASH and you cant really see the detail, and the second I took without flash and it looks dim, but you can make out the words.

EDIT: Here is a better picture.

Last edited by Kevin Danko: 08-24-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 02:54 PM
TheKingPin

vCash: 500
sell it and use the money to buy a new camera

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Beats the hell out of the plexiglass **** Wirtz was giving his season ticket holders.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 05:02 PM
flyersfan97

Just out of curiosity, Kevin, does this guy have a son?

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
He has a few sons, there all full grown with families, He is a millionaire, DUPONT family, and all his children are also millionaires owning their own companys and brewerys.

The guy is like 70, my moms the housekeeper, and they are just reaaaally nice people, his wife actually set me up with a personal trainer which she is paying for. They also payed for my entire family to go to Disney World for a week when my mom had cancer.

OH....I SEE WHAT YOU WERE DOING THERE.

Last edited by Kevin Danko: 08-24-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 06:23 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1462
Good stuff.

In a totally unrelated matter but of interest, check out this:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...NEWS/708240550

SARASOTA -- Mark DesErmia searches for lost treasure each day with a parrot atop his shoulder, and the children on the beach always ask if he's a pirate.

He scours the Gulf of Mexico with an underwater metal detector up to 70 hours a week, and finds Rolex watches, diamond rings and enough wedding bands to increase the divorce rate. He once found a money clip holding $669. Another time, a set of teeth.

But nothing tops what the 44-year-old came across about three weeks ago: a Stanley Cup championship ring with an odd story behind it.

"The Holy Grail," he says.

The ring belongs to Jim Pappin, who scored the winning goal in the 1967 Stanley Cup Finals for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2007, 10:46 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dank View Post
He has a few sons, there all full grown with families, He is a millionaire, DUPONT family, and all his children are also millionaires owning their own companys and brewerys.

The guy is like 70, my moms the housekeeper, and they are just reaaaally nice people, his wife actually set me up with a personal trainer which she is paying for. They also payed for my entire family to go to Disney World for a week when my mom had cancer.

OH....I SEE WHAT YOU WERE DOING THERE.
A-ha, ya caught on. OK, maybe I should move to grandsons...around 8, 9, 10 years old???? I have a REALLY cute daughter who will need a rich man to allow her to live the lifestyle she thinks she was born to live. On top of that, she looks exceptionally cute in her mini-Gagne jersey. This may be the 21st century but I'm not against arranged marriages if it gets me Flyers season tickets.

Seriously, he sounds like a great guy. I love hearing stories like this, but sorry to hear about your mom--I hope all is well with her now.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote