HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Eklund Rumors Here

Old
08-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
All Eklund Rumors Here

Quote:
*3:18 PM...Auld to NYR, Montoya to Phoenix (e3)

Quote:
Thr Rangers are talking to LA regarding a D-man...but will hav eto wait to see until the Cammalleri ruling comes out...and have another deal in place that could send some players to Phoenix to clear space...There is still serious interest in Jovo in NY.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8844

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 03:36 PM
rodmunch

He just wont give it up, will he

despite the fact Jovo is building a new house in Phoenix

rodmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Greg in MA

Is he referring to Alex Auld, the Panther's Goaltender? I'm not seeing an Auld on Phoenix's roster.

Greg in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 04:21 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in MA View Post
Is he referring to Alex Auld, the Panther's Goaltender? I'm not seeing an Auld on Phoenix's roster.
I beleive he is A Free Agent.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 04:25 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Montoya for canned air? Auld is a FA. that's not a trade. I bet there is Jovo talk but given his salary, I'd have to imagine that it was coming from Phoneix and that Maloney is going to sweeten the pot to get the yotes some financial flexibility. The whole thing still smells.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 04:59 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
ALex Alud the goalie?

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:00 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmunch View Post
He just wont give it up, will he

despite the fact Jovo is building a new house in Phoenix
maybe its a spec house

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
ALex Alud the goalie?
according to tsn, thats the only player with the name "auld" and hes a free agent.

thats why its so laughable. hes making up rumors that literally cant happen.

rangers sign auld as a free agent, then reward the yotes for not signing him by giving them montoya?

Old
08-04-2007, 05:04 PM
canucksin07

i think what he's referring to is alex auld is brought to ny and in a seperate transaction the rangers trade montoya to phoenix in what is probably connected to the jovo rumours...

some people are too quick to judge eklund when in fact, what he does is tell everyone what teams are talking to other teams about...not everything works out, but it doesn't mean teams aren't talking.

montoya as a key component in any deal for jovo just makes sense for both sides.

canucksin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:08 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklund
Thr Rangers are talking to LA regarding a D-man...
I don't get this part. LA just signed Preissing and Stuart. They recently signed Vishnovsky to an extension. I think Rob Blake has a NTC plus I'd imagine they'd want him for mentoring J.Johnson. Modry is 36. If we needed to move salary to accomodate a defenseman trade with LA, It'd have to be for Blake (NTC? unlikely) or Vishnovsky who is 30 years old and has a 5 year extension with a $5.650M cap hit

Could it be that the UFA signings made Vishnovsky expendable? Maybe the Kings want to retain Cammalleri and need to get rid of some salary to do so. Vishnovsky has been good post-lockout but will he still hold his value at the age of 35? That might be a heavy salary weight in the year 2012. Or the cap may rise so much it won't be. Somehow I think Vishnovsky would also cost way too much unless we are doing a 3 way with Phoneix and send assets we get from them over.

I would not be surprised at all if Montoya ended up in Phoneix given the Don Maloney connection. And even though they would presumably be taking on salary in the form of Mara/Malik/Kasparitis, we should definitely be getting valuable assets back in such a trade.

this could be sick...

Vishnovsky-Staal
Rosival-Malik
Tyutin-Girardi

what we give to LA could be sickening...

Old
08-04-2007, 05:13 PM
rodmunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksin07 View Post
i think what he's referring to is alex auld is brought to ny and in a seperate transaction the rangers trade montoya to phoenix in what is probably connected to the jovo rumours...

some people are too quick to judge eklund when in fact, what he does is tell everyone what teams are talking to other teams about...not everything works out, but it doesn't mean teams aren't talking.

montoya as a key component in any deal for jovo just makes sense for both sides.
Makes absolutly no sense for the Rangers

the rangers have no room for another huge long term contract, let alone trading one of thier top prospects for a guy who is the #3 defenseman on a lottery team.

rodmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

jovo is not coming here. i dont see why people just dont get this. rangers are already right at the threshold. if your move the bonuses over to next years cap, you still need to clear up about 4 million dollars in cap space. we would need to send at least 2 regulars back to phoenix to get him. so what...mara, malik and montoya for jovo?

sather wouldnt make that move unless they added in turris or mueller.

Old
08-04-2007, 05:24 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmunch View Post
Makes absolutly no sense for the Rangers

the rangers have no room for another huge long term contract, let alone trading one of thier top prospects for a guy who is the #3 defenseman on a lottery team.
i'm starting to think vishnovsky to new york is a more likely scenario. various rumor sites have been saying LA wants Raycroft and they could really use an experienced goalie. They have a great prospect in Bernier but he's just that. A prospect who isn't ready to lead them to playoff glory. Similar to Montoya. If they want to retain Cammalleri AND trade for Raycroft, they'd need to shed some serious salary and Vishnovsky makes the most sense. Of course we can't take on Vishnovsky's salary unless we dump some of our own. Enter Phoneix whose GM just happened to work for us a few months ago.

Slats: we want to dump some salary on you guys.
DM: send up Monty and maybe we can work something out.
Slats: grumble grumble grumble
DM: grumble grumble grumble
Slats: grumble?
DM: ok!
Slats: It's a secret to everyone.

Massive 4 way trade? I don't doubt things are being discussed but that's a lot of pieces that need to make all that work so it'll be likely nothing happens. What's for sure is the Cammalleri hearing/decision is the key component to all this talk.

Old
08-04-2007, 05:30 PM
bubba5

Quote:

Hes full of it, he know no one with any info. He has made a name for himself by surfing the web during the lockout and reporting what mony papers throughout the country reported and some of the media, like XM, have believed him, so now they treat him like a reporter, but no-one in any front office NHL organization will tell him crap

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:35 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Hes full of it, he know no one with any info. He has made a name for himself by surfing the web during the lockout and reporting what mony papers throughout the country reported and some of the media, like XM, have believed him, so now they treat him like a reporter, but no-one in any front office NHL organization will tell him crap
with an arguement like that, frankly, his sources sound better than yours. one should note he has a really really good record breaking UFA signings.

Old
08-04-2007, 05:36 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
with an arguement like that, frankly, his sources sound better than yours. one should note he has a really really good record breaking UFA signings.
Maybe so, but if I predicted 10 possible teams each UFA would end up I'd be right 1/3 of the time too!

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
jovo is not coming here. i dont see why people just dont get this. rangers are already right at the threshold. if your move the bonuses over to next years cap, you still need to clear up about 4 million dollars in cap space. we would need to send at least 2 regulars back to phoenix to get him. so what...mara, malik and montoya for jovo?

sather wouldnt make that move unless they added in turris or mueller.
That would be a great deal for us, but very unlikely that Maloney pulls the trigger.

Rozsival-Tyutin
Jovo-Girardi
Staal-Pock
Hutchinson

I'd be comfortable with that, but again doubtful.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:42 PM
bubba5

Quote:
really???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

Why is it when I see his postings they are always 5 minutes after someone all ready reported it (for the stuff that is actually true). Check it out for yourself. I guees its good bathroom material though.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:45 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
really???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

Why is it when I see his postings they are always 5 minutes after someone all ready reported it (for the stuff that is actually true). Check it out for yourself. I guees its good bathroom material though.
yeah, the guy is a total joke. he's kind of the NHL tabloids. maybe he hears things, but nothing that hasn't been heard elsewhere.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:45 PM
chappie
lemon snow!

Quote:
i'm starting to think vishnovsky to new york is a more likely scenario. various rumor sites have been saying LA wants Raycroft and they could really use an experienced goalie. They have a great prospect in Bernier but he's just that. A prospect who isn't ready to lead them to playoff glory. Similar to Montoya. If they want to retain Cammalleri AND trade for Raycroft, they'd need to shed some serious salary and Vishnovsky makes the most sense. Of course we can't take on Vishnovsky's salary unless we dump some of our own. Enter Phoneix whose GM just happened to work for us a few months ago.

Slats: we want to dump some salary on you guys.
DM: send up Monty and maybe we can work something out.
Slats: grumble?
DM: ok!
Slats: It's a secret to everyone.

Massive 4 way trade? I don't doubt things are being discussed but that's a lot of pieces that need to make all that work so it'll be likely nothing happens. What's for sure is the Cammalleri hearing/decision is the key component to all this talk.

Maybe my favorite post of the year...

As for Eklund, I'm pretty sure someone just pulled a big joke on him, (aka sent him an email telling him the Rangers are interested in aquiring Auld for Montoya...) and if I ever meet the man who did...I will pay him handsomely!

chappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:47 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers

This is funny

And ridiculous

But something may be brewing...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
As far as the Rangers...I would like to see them get a d-man but I'm already worried about enough new players here in NY.

Leave the team as is and if needed traded for someone at the deadline.

-B

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:58 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post
As far as the Rangers...I would like to see them get a d-man but I'm already worried about enough new players here in NY.

Leave the team as is and if needed traded for someone at the deadline.

-B
Too many new faces 2007/2008??

Only 2 new players so far:
Gomez
Drury

Definitely impact players

But scarcely too many new faces as of yet imo

Choosing between the farm and the open market is of course a bit tricky if you want a Cup the next 2 years. One more new player (or 2) and the rest from the farm.

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
according to tsn, thats the only player with the name "auld" and hes a free agent.

thats why its so laughable. hes making up rumors that literally cant happen.

rangers sign auld as a free agent, then reward the yotes for not signing him by giving them montoya?

To be fair to Eklund, this is what he wrote:

"*3:18 PM...Auld to NYR, Montoya to Phoenix (e3) more to come on this beautiful day"

He didn't say Auld-for-Montoya. This could be read as the Rangers signing Auld, and then trading Montoya to Phoenix for Jovo or whoever else.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 06:58 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
How does Jovanovski makes sense for the Rangers?Explain?????You chimed in

Let me get this straight.The Rangers are going to assume $26 million in cap responsibilty over the next 4 years and they are expected to surrender quality,young assets in return.Usually the team trading the albatross contract needs to kick in the young assets to make the deal more attractive to the team picking up the salary or it's just a salary dump with no tangible assets being sent the other way

Jovo is not Chris Pronger

The contract is an albatross.The Rangers have many players to re-sign who will be free agents next season.With their current obligations and the future obligations to their current players,the Jovo contract is a cap buster

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 08-04-2007 at 07:13 PM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote