HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Plekanec your expectations?

Old
08-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Rass

vCash: 500
50 to 55 points seems to be pretty fair.

Rass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2007, 09:20 PM
MTLROCKS

I really wonder what happens to the habs if Koivu gets injured. For us to be the top 4 team I hope the habs to be, I think Plekanec needs to suprise and score 70 pts next year. I honestly think he can do it playing on a line with Kostitsyn and Higgins...

MTLROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Melvin Udall

Tomas Plekanec had a strong 2nd half of the '06 - '07 season and ultimately a good season.

Some people are overlooking the fact that Plekanec's greatest successes resulted from playing on a line with Higgins. Higgins is "the real deal" -- not a super star, but a good solid all around player who's best years are still ahead of him!

I assume that if Plekanec contiues playing on a line with Higgins he will continue to have a reasonable amount of success.

Personally, I would be pleasantly surprised if Andre Kostitsyn becomes nearly as good a player as Higgins!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 02:13 AM
LyleOdelein

Let's say 50 points. But the intangibles are the best. Sound two way play, hard work, great Penalty Killing, discipline, immaculately maintained facial hair, turtleneck power and a name commemtators can't pronounce. All in all, Pleky's gonna be huge.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 02:24 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
Tomas Plekanec had a strong 2nd half of the '06 - '07 season and ultimately a good season.

Some people are overlooking the fact that Plekanec's greatest successes resulted from playing on a line with Higgins. Higgins is "the real deal" -- not a super star, but a good solid all around player who's best years are still ahead of him!

I assume that if Plekanec contiues playing on a line with Higgins he will continue to have a reasonable amount of success.

Personally, I would be pleasantly surprised if Andre Kostitsyn becomes nearly as good a player as Higgins!
Wrong, it's the other way around... Higgins was wasnt doing much offensively after his injury, started producing again when put on Plekanec's line...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 02:54 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post

Plekanec was already one if not our best foward before Carbo put Higgins on his line.. Its not fair to discredit Plekanec like this, Higgins was not even playing close the level he was playing before his injury, he got better when the kid line has been reunited but still, Plekanec had alot to say in this line' success...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 03:07 AM
guest1467

Is it totally out of context to think that Plekanec could be our leading scorer next season?

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 03:35 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Is it totally out of context to think that Plekanec could be our leading scorer next season?
Well considering Koivu's health history, its not impossible... I dont wish it but if Koivu miss several games, then Pleks becomes our #1 center by default, so think more PP time and more responsabilities..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 06:26 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Plekanec was already one if not our best foward before Carbo put Higgins on his line.. Its not fair to discredit Plekanec like this, Higgins was not even playing close the level he was playing before his injury, he got better when the kid line has been reunited but still, Plekanec had alot to say in this line' success...
that's why i can't wait to see the CAT line this year, Pleckanek was playing with 2 injured wingers and they still managed a real fast exciting producing line

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
No it is quite possible that he could be. But if he stays healthy, my money is on Koivu leading us again.

08-30-2007, 06:54 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
that's why i can't wait to see the CAT line this year, Pleckanek was playing with 2 injured wingers and they still managed a real fast exciting producing line
After the way we finished up last year there are not a lot of possitive things to look forward to for this upcoming season. *takes a breath*

But I agree, I'm looking forward to seeing the CAT line play together this year.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 07:29 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I like the CAT line but I definitely wanna see Grabovski playing with A. Kost.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Kosti was injured?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Hochelaga*

BUMP -

Watch the majority's expectations.
50-55 pts.
Well he's there...with more than 20 games to play.

Hochelaga* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 09:16 PM
RE-HABS

I think this years efforts are bringing peoples expectations too high...I see a decline in points and Pleks being that solid two-way checking forward, but not a steady 70 point guy.

If he can do a 2nd-3rd line career with 50 points per season I think he is a 3rd round gem and still a steal, but I don't think he is the Ribeiro type replacement that some see him as replacing Ribs and saying he is.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Pleks could be our #1 center by year's end. A lot can change in a year...hockey is a funny game that way. Pleks could develop more, Grabs could have a good season and be our #2 center, Koivu could be traded for a young defenseman, Huet could be traded for a first round pick. Giving us caproom to sign a Marleau or Heatley next off season. You never know...
Excellent starting job ...kinda dipped off at the end there

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I think this years efforts are bringing peoples expectations too high...I see a decline in points and Pleks being that solid two-way checking forward, but not a steady 70 point guy.

If he can do a 2nd-3rd line career with 50 points per season I think he is a 3rd round gem and still a steal, but I don't think he is the Ribeiro type replacement that some see him as replacing Ribs and saying he is.
Are you kidding ?!?!

Plekanec is on a way for 70+ points and yet, you say he's a career 2nd-3rd liner with 50 points per season ?!?! Come on, he already surpassed that mark as Plekanec has surpassed Koivu for number 1 centerman of this team, let alone being a 3rd liner. He is already as good as Ribeiro if not better, being more a complete player !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiro View Post
Are you kidding ?!?!

Plekanec is on a way for 70+ points and yet, you say he's a career 2nd-3rd liner with 50 points per season ?!?! Come on, he already surpassed that mark as Plekanec has surpassed Koivu for number 1 centerman of this team, let alone being a 3rd liner. He is already as good as Ribeiro if not better, being more a complete player !!
I wouldn't go that far. When's the last time you've watched Ribeiro play? His 2 way play has GREATLY improved since leaving montreal. He's not as good as Thomas, but he's not far off either. It'd be hard to chose between the two of them since Pleks is younger, but Ribs-Pleks would look better than Pleks-Koivu right now...

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 10:56 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I was right about him outscoring Koivu!

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote