HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Most Valuable Players: In the system.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2004, 05:12 AM
  #1
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Most Valuable Players: In the system.

Who're your most valuable players (worth) in the Maple Leafs system?

Take into consideration... age, salary, contract status, career status, role.

List your top 10... current players on the team, minor leaguers, prospects.


Prospects
Carlo Colaiacovo, D
Alexander Steen, C
Maxim Kondratiev, D
Brendan Bell, D
Jay Harrison, D
Kyle Wellwood, C
Ian White, D
Jarkko Immonen, C
Todd Ford, G
Martin Sagat, LW
John Doherty, D
Sebastien Centomo, G
Staffan Kronwall, D
Jeremy Williams, C
Markus Seikola, D
Konstantin Volkov, RW
John Mitchell, C
Chris Chartier, D
Luca Cereda, C
Dominic D'Amour, D
Nathan Barrett, C
Jamie Hodson, G
Regan Kelly, D
Michael Knoepfli, LW
Ivan Kolozvary, LW
Shaun Landolt, RW
Brad Leeb, LW
Tyson Marsh, D
Scott May, RW
Jean-François Racine, G
Alexander Shinkar, C
Jaroslav Sklenar, LW
David Turon, D
Vaclav Zavoral, D
Kris Newbury, LW
Ben Ondrus, LW


Pro's
Nik Antropov, LW
Wade Belak, D
Ed Belfour, G
Aki Berg, D
Tie Domi, RW
Tom Fitzgerald, RW
Ric Jackman, D
Tomas Kaberle, D
Trevor Kidd, G
Ken Klee, D
Brad Leeb, RW
Bryan Marchment, D
Bryan McCabe, D
Joe Nieuwendyk, C
Owen Nolan, RW
Nathan Perrott, RW
Karel Pilar, D
Alexei Ponikarovsky, LW
Mikael Renberg, LW
Gary Roberts, LW
Matthew Stajan, C
Mats Sundin, C
Mikael Tellqvist, G
Darcy Tucker, LW
Alexander Mogilny, RW
Robert Reichel, C
Aaron Gavey, RW
Jeff Daw, C
Harold Druken, LW
Clarke Wilm, LW
Pierre Hedin, D
Petr Svoboda, D
Robb Palahnuk, Rw
Josh Holden, LW
Marc Moro, D


Last edited by leafaholix*: 01-06-2004 at 05:25 AM.
leafaholix* is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 05:29 AM
  #2
DaveyCrockett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
In terms of trade value? I'm not going to include Klee, Nieuwendyk, Belfour since they would be rentals and we all know the odds of Belfour getting dealt.
1. Kaberle
2. McCabe
3. Colaiacovo
4. Antropov
5. Tucker
6. Steen
7. Tellqvist
8. Stajan
9. Kidd
10. Berg/Pilar

DaveyCrockett is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 06:10 AM
  #3
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
My list...

1. Tomas Kaberle
Age: 25
Salary: $2.75M
Career: Prime
Role: Top 2 defenseman. Powerplayer quarterback

2. Carlo Colaiacovo
Age: 20
Salary: N/A
Career: Prospect (AHL)
Role: Top Prospect. Top 2 defenseman in AHL

3. Alexander Steen
Age: 19
Salary: N/A
Career: Prospect (Sweden)
Role: Top Prospect. Star in Swedish league.

4. Bryan McCabe
Age: 28
Salary: $3.5M
Career: Prime
Role: Top 2 defenseman. Two-way defenseman.

5. Nikolai Antropov
Age: 23
Salary: $.925M
Career: NHL regular.
Role: Second/Third line centre.

6. Darcy Tucker
Age: 28
Salary: $1.6M
Career: Prime
Role: Second/Third line winger. Physical pesk, offensive potential.

7. Matthew Stajan
Age: 20
Salary: $.95M
Career: Rookie.
Role: Third/Fourth line forward. Two-way forward.

8. Owen Nolan
Age: 31
Salary: $6.5M
Career: NHL Star.
Role: First line winger. Powerforward.

9. Mikael Tellqvist
Age: 24
Salary: N/A
Career: AHL Star.
Role: Third string goalie (due to unfortunate circumstances).

10. Aki Berg
Age: 26
Salary: $1.4M
Career: NHL regular.
Role: Second pairing defenseman. Defensive defenseman w/ offensive potential.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 09:43 AM
  #4
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Anyone?

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 09:50 AM
  #5
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 34,202
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
I wont go into as much depth as you... but my top 10: in no order

Tucker
Antropov
Kaberle
McCabe
Steen
Colaiacovo
Stajan
Telly
Pilar
Berg

I think berg and pilar are both underrated... and will continue to develop nicely!

Porn* is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 10:44 AM
  #6
Leaf Army
Registered User
 
Leaf Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leaf Nation
Posts: 8,481
vCash: 500
When you say valuable, I'm going to take that to mean trade value. Therefore....

1. Kaberle- He's a good, young, relatively cheap top defenceman

2. Stajan- Cheap, NHL proven and great attitude

3. Tucker- Good contract situation, extremely versatile player.

4. McCabe- Very good defenceman, under 30 years old.

5. Colaiacovo- Top prospect, not NHL proven

6. Steen- Same as Cola

7. Antropov- Would be higher if it weren't for his percieved injury troubles.

8. Sundin- Think about what we had to give up to get Nolan last year.

9. Nolan- See Sundin.

10. Belfour- I can think of at least a couple of teams that would love to have Belfour for the remainder of the year.

On a side note, I didn't include Tellqvist because I honestly don't think he has much value...and I'm a big fan of his.

But how many teams in the league are short on young goaltending? Not many.

Leaf Army is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 10:48 AM
  #7
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Only reason Sundin's not in my top 10 is because of the age (33) and the salary.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 11:11 AM
  #8
Kenadyan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheboro, NC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 500
Here are mine:

Sundin (the captain, the leader, Mr. Clutch goal himself)
Kaberle (most trade value of all the Leafs assets playing in the NHL)
Colaiacovo (most trade value of all the Leafs assets playing in the AHL)
McCabe (still a solid d-man)
Steen (most valuable forward in the system)
Stajan (much to prove, but Milbury asked about him)
Antropov (fragile, but might be the piece to get a top 4 d-man)
Belfour (Cujo who?)
Ponikarovsky (especially the way he is playing lately)
Mogilny (not much value as far as trade, but very valuable to the Leafs --> just wait until he comes back and in the playoffs)

Kenadyan is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 11:40 AM
  #9
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
If you are looking at who can get you the most value in return...

1. Sundin - he would return 2 first round picks, plus a top prospect, plus a roster player. New CBA or no CBA Sundin is a franchise player and these guys will always make the bucks.
2. McCabe e.g. Fedor Tjutin, a first, and a player like Lacouture
3. Kaberle same as McCabe, a little less
4. Mogilny - 1st and a very good roster player like Lundmark
5. Nolan - will be less than what the Leafs paid because of new injuries, but definately a 1st and a roster player.
6. Colaiacovo - 1st and a good prospect like Garth Murray for example
7. Belfour - 1st and a good prospect
8. Antropov - 1st and a 3rd
9. Tucker - 1st
10. Stajan - 2nd and a prospect

wasting time is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 11:45 AM
  #10
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,093
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
1. Sundin -
2. Kaberle
3 Mogilny
4 Nolan
5 Antropov
6 Belfour -
7 McCabe
8. Colaiacovo
9. Tucker -
10. Stajan -

Leaf Lander is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 11:48 AM
  #11
ACC1224
Steelers 10-5
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Playoffs!
Posts: 29,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
If you are looking at who can get you the most value in return...

1. Sundin - he would return 2 first round picks, plus a top prospect, plus a roster player. New CBA or no CBA Sundin is a franchise player and these guys will always make the bucks.
2. McCabe e.g. Fedor Tjutin, a first, and a player like Lacouture
3. Kaberle same as McCabe, a little less
4. Mogilny - 1st and a very good roster player like Lundmark
5. Nolan - will be less than what the Leafs paid because of new injuries, but definately a 1st and a roster player.
6. Colaiacovo - 1st and a good prospect like Garth Murray for example
7. Belfour - 1st and a good prospect
8. Antropov - 1st and a 3rd
9. Tucker - 1st

10. Stajan - 2nd and a prospect
Wow...why?

ACC1224 is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 11:56 AM
  #12
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
Wow...why?
Yah, maybe that's a little high. I figured that would be Antropov's value because he was the 10th overall and is still showing upside and despite his injuries he is a big man and they always take longer to develop. Tucker a first? A late first maybe. He is definately worth more than just a second because he is a very valuable player and is cheap. Maybe a very good prospect and a high 2nd.

wasting time is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 11:59 AM
  #13
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
So, to you....

1 Late first round pick = 1 Early second round pick & 1 very good prospect

?

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 12:02 PM
  #14
ACC1224
Steelers 10-5
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Playoffs!
Posts: 29,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
Yah, maybe that's a little high. I figured that would be Antropov's value because he was the 10th overall and is still showing upside and despite his injuries he is a big man and they always take longer to develop. Tucker a first? A late first maybe. He is definately worth more than just a second because he is a very valuable player and is cheap. Maybe a very good prospect and a high 2nd.
wouldn't a very good prospect translate to a 1st round pick???

ACC1224 is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 12:05 PM
  #15
Dar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 4,813
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dar
If your including Belfour in your lists (because of trade value for remainder of season) then wouldn't Nieuwy and Klee be included on those lists? Both would be a great addition on a play off team and have minimal salaries.

Just a thought.

Dar is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 02:31 PM
  #16
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
So, to you....

1 Late first round pick = 1 Early second round pick & 1 very good prospect

?

Are you a forensic accountant or something? Yes,so when I say good prospect I mean a player Pierre Hedin, when I say a very good prospect I mean a player like Tellqvist, when I say an excellent prospect I mean Colaiacovo, when I say a star prospect I mean Zach Parise.

wasting time is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 02:32 PM
  #17
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
wouldn't a very good prospect translate to a 1st round pick???
OK OK OK leave me alone

wasting time is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 02:35 PM
  #18
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
If your including Belfour in your lists (because of trade value for remainder of season) then wouldn't Nieuwy and Klee be included on those lists? Both would be a great addition on a play off team and have minimal salaries.

Just a thought.
I think Klee and Niewy would be 11 and 12 respectively because they are UFAs next year. But Belfour would garner higher price from a team like Colorado or Philly who might become desparate for a goalie at the deadline. Plus a goalie does not need to fit into a system like a skater would at the deadline.

wasting time is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 06:18 AM
  #19
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
Are you a forensic accountant or something? Yes,so when I say good prospect I mean a player Pierre Hedin, when I say a very good prospect I mean a player like Tellqvist, when I say an excellent prospect I mean Colaiacovo, when I say a star prospect I mean Zach Parise.
So you would make this deal...

To Toronto:
Late 1st Round Pick (Between 25 and 30)

To Other Team:
Mikael Tellqvist
2nd Round Pick (Between 31 and 35)

You'd deal a potential #1 goalie to jump up 5 or 6 spots in the draft?

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 04:33 PM
  #20
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
So you would make this deal...

To Toronto:
Late 1st Round Pick (Between 25 and 30)

To Other Team:
Mikael Tellqvist
2nd Round Pick (Between 31 and 35)

You'd deal a potential #1 goalie to jump up 5 or 6 spots in the draft?
depends who the guy is and what I think our goaltending situation may be.

Zach Parise was #17 I think. Say Toronto had a 23 pick. I would consider Bell (a very good prospect supposedly according to HF) and a second for Parise - sure - because the Leafs defense is relatively deep and it top line forward prospects very light.

Yah I would depending on the circumstance. Sure.

wasting time is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 03:30 AM
  #21
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
depends who the guy is and what I think our goaltending situation may be.

Zach Parise was #17 I think. Say Toronto had a 23 pick. I would consider Bell (a very good prospect supposedly according to HF) and a second for Parise - sure - because the Leafs defense is relatively deep and it top line forward prospects very light.

Yah I would depending on the circumstance. Sure.
But you realize that 17 is not a "later first rounder", don't you?

You said that you would deal a "very good prospect" and an early second rounder for a late first round, later being between 20 and 30.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
01-08-2004, 09:38 AM
  #22
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
But you realize that 17 is not a "later first rounder", don't you?

You said that you would deal a "very good prospect" and an early second rounder for a late first round, later being between 20 and 30.
stop picking on me

wasting time is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.