HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

avery vs. sather question

Old
08-28-2007, 11:01 AM
jacko23
KCCO!

vCash: 500
avery vs. sather question

so yeah, its no news that the blood was boiling on both sides during the arbitration hearing.... so do you think that will effect avery's season/attitude/length of time with the team or is it strictly business? and how, if at all, do you think it effects the rest of the team?

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2007, 11:05 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko23 View Post
so yeah, its no news that the blood was boiling on both sides during the arbitration hearing.... so do you think that will effect avery's season/attitude/length of time with the team or is it strictly business? and how, if at all, do you think it effects the rest of the team?
slats was just saying all that stuff to get the lowest price he could get for avery wiht the cap space being so tight. Avery better get lots of playing time or slats wouldnt know what hit him It wont effect the rest of the team.Any problems they have they put aside once they enter the ice.

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
I worried about it when it was happening but it's already history and will be a non issue during the season and at the end of the season. if he continues to play well here, and wants to stay, we'll have the money to give him what he deserves. But if he holds a grudge and doesn't play to his potential and winds up leaving over it, so be it.

If he thinks he is worth more, then this is his chance to prove it. If he puts up about 60pts and under like 150 PIM, and has a more effective playoff, he should receive about a contract for about 2.5 over 3 years.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2007, 11:54 AM
TheHotRock

^i hope you meant 2.5 a year FOR 3 years.

2.5 over 3 is kinda ridiculous ofr a player like Avery

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2007, 12:08 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I don't think its heated as the media portrays it to be. Avery is a talker and he shouldnt have said what he did because it was his idea to take the Rangers to arbitration in the first place, but he went public with all that to gain an edge.

We still don't know who actually leaked the Sather comments. I'm sure Sather has no hard feelings, after all, he's got Avery for a one year deal for a decent price. We'll see how it all plays out and if they resign him during the season after January.

But i think a lot of it is blown up and come training camp Avery will not be concerned with Sather as much as some people think. He should and will be concerned with his play, his team and winning. This is another walk year for him so he has to prove to whoever will sign him next that he is worth over the 1.9 he received in the arbitration. That is more important than a stupid vendetta with Sather.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
^i hope you meant 2.5 a year FOR 3 years.

2.5 over 3 is kinda ridiculous ofr a player like Avery
Yes, 3 years, 2.5m per.. sorry.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Richard Park 10

Avery is in a contract year. This is his one season to cash in. Right now, he is perceived as a cancer. He will do everything in his power to prove the doubters wrong and to show he is worth every penny. Hed be crazy to hold any grudges with a paycheck in UFA status looming.

Richard Park 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2007, 04:34 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Sather is just playing the ultimate motivator. Avery will thank him in the end...

and dude, why is my girlfriend the subject of your avatar?

not cool

08-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Personally I dont think there is any bad blood, I would hope that both sides understand why what was said, was said, i.e. only "business not personal". But who knows, I'm of the opinion that Sather's comments will motivate Avery to have a great season while eying a long-er term contract.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote