Gameday: Wild @ Avalanche - 01/04/04

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2004, 07:47 AM
ceber

vCash: 500
Gameday: Wild @ Avalanche - 01/04/04

Game starts 8:00 PM CST.

The Wild's franchise-best nine game unbeaten streak ended on Friday, and tonight they carry their franchise-best five road game unbeaten streak into the Pepi (I love you, Papa Homer. I love you too, Pepsi.) Center. I'm guessing that streak will be ending tonight, too.

Last I read, Kariya might be back for the Avs, but even if he isn't the Wild will have a tough job containing Colorado's offense. Forsberg's on the rise, and the Wild typically have a tough time in Colorado (although lately we've been looking better there).

Michalek stayed up with the team for this road trip, although it seems unlikely he'll not be scratched, unless someone gets sick or hurt before the game.

Our PP has been pretty poor lately, scoring on just 6 of the last 62 chances.. less than 10%.. if the offense doesn't kick in we'll need that power play to be better.

It's not all bad though, the team seems to be feeling pretty good about themselves, saying that they're starting to feel more like they did last year. The coaches seem to be pleased, too. Now all we need are a couple of wins to justify things.

I'm going to predict a 3-2 loss, with Moose getting both goals, and winning a fight.

Go Wild!

O-ho! It seems Sakic will be out with a jaw injury. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=66681

This might change things, because he always manages to be involved in the scoring against us.

Hmm... 3-2 loss, Moose with both goals but no fight.

Last edited by ceber: 01-04-2004 at 07:52 AM.
Old
01-04-2004, 11:49 AM
DW

4-1 Avs, with Dowd the only goal. Back-to-back with St. louis on Monday. Ouch, could get painful.

Old
01-04-2004, 03:19 PM
TML

3-2 Avs.

Old
01-04-2004, 04:09 PM
theo6060

I think it will be a 2-2 tie. Goals will be scored by Dowd and Zyuzin.

Old
01-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Upon1

2-1 Wild is my prediction

No Kariya and No Sakic for the Avs

Old
01-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Forgive my ignorance.

Messier=Moose.
Hedberg=Moose.

How many are there? And who is called that on the Wild?

Old
01-04-2004, 05:44 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
Forgive my ignorance.

Messier=Moose.
Hedberg=Moose.

How many are there? And who is called that on the Wild?
Ah. Matt Johnson. Doesn't look like he's going to get one tonight, unfortunately. Having a career season so far, though.

Pretty goals by the Avs in the second. I wish some of our guys would start scoring like that. We've got more than a couple who should be able to put in the highlight goals. I think the supporting cast isn't there yet, though.

Old
01-04-2004, 06:38 PM
ceber

Well, I didn't expect the Avs to sit on the lead so much in the third, but it gave us a chance to see some scoring chances for the Wild. Nice chances, but pretty weak shots on them, I thought. Not much zip to the puck when it went at the net. Lot of little things are beating us, I think. Poor passing (and not just on that empty netter), missed shots/weak shots. I think tomorrow night is definitely going to be a tough one.

Old
01-05-2004, 11:14 AM
DW

Ceber-totally agree with you on the passing skills on this team. There are very few that can do tape-to-tape passes on this team. Let alone anything to do with recieving skills. Seems our marginal skill level is starting to catch up with us. There just seems to be too many workers right now.

The scary thing is there is no immediate help in the farm system. We still have some young guys but there won't be any impact players coming through. Hopefully Wanvig has finally gotten the message and maybe he will turn out to be a good player.

These next 2 months will tell alot about how the season will turn out with all these games with Western Conf. teams. Only 6 games from the eastern Conf. out of 26 games. And only a few are against non-playoff teams. We do have a 5 games at home coming up against some teams we can definitely play with.

Closed Thread