HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade destinations - Bos or Ott

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Trade destinations - Bos or Ott

My top two picks as trade partners are Bos and Ott. Bos might want a big scoring lw, ditto for Ott, and they could probably also put Jason Smith to better use than almost any other team.

If the Sens really do consider themselves contenders they could use another 30+ yr old d-man, they only have 1 right now. They have held off on their dealings with the Oilers long enough and it definitely didn't pay off for them last year, now this year they are not enjoying their place in the standings so much that they can't afford to rock the boat.

The fact that both of these teams are in the east helps matters quite a bit from Lowe's pov, the west is so tight right now I can't honestly see a trade with any of these buggers out here.

Are there any other teams in the east whose weaknesses are our strengths?

Old
01-06-2004, 11:08 AM
RaoulDuke

I don't think Ottawa has any use for another defenceman. Both Phillips and Leschyshyn when he's playing do the exact same type of job as Smith.

Old
01-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Oi'll say!

Leschyshyn only logs half the icetime of Jason Smith and isn't even in the top 6 there. Without Curtis in the lineup the avg age of the Sens d is about 25, and doesn't even include one 30 yr old.

I'm not trying to force him on the Sens, and if you're a fan of theirs I guess you'd know a lot more about what they need than I do, but I wouldn't bet on a team with that young of a blueline to win the Cup in the next 1000 years.

Closed Thread