HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anyone know how to find out what Future Consideration in trade are??

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2004, 09:13 AM
tbaak

vCash: 500
Anyone know how to find out what Future Consideration in trade are??

I am trying to find a site/service that will tell me what the Future Considerations in trades were.

IE Philadelphia trades Jamie Wright to Calgary for Future Considerations.

Trying to settle figure out whom is the best player ever to be acquired as a Future Consideration.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Mithras

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaak
I am trying to find a site/service that will tell me what the Future Considerations in trades were.

IE Philadelphia trades Jamie Wright to Calgary for Future Considerations.

Trying to settle figure out whom is the best player ever to be acquired as a Future Consideration.
Sometimes they arn't players. Or picks. They can be cash, or other things, like players rights.

I know in the NBA a lot of future conciderations are used for pre-season games. A team wants to play against LeBron James in the pre-season because they know they will sell out the game. They (if they have one) call in a favour or "future concideration" from some previous deal.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:42 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Future's can be anything!!!! a bug of pucks, one doller, draft pick, even agreement on voting a certain way, to agreeing not to deal for another player---

FC can be anything---funniest story I heard(from Glen Sather) was a minor league player getting sent to the oilers in return for the oilers not dressing Dave Semenko one game. The other team did not have anyone that could fight at the time and the oilers wanted the player for Witchita---the oilers won the game something like 7 nothing

Old
01-07-2004, 09:48 AM
tbaak

Futures.

But does anyone no where I can find out what the future considerations on individual deals are???

Old
01-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Future considerations can be *anything*

jumptheshark's story is great. Another one I heard is that part of "future considerations" in the Sami Salo for Peter Schaefer deal was a promise from Brian Burke that he would not try to trade for Bryan Smolinski at the trade deadline, and a promise from John Muckler he wouldn't go for Brad May. Smolinski went to Ottawa, and May went to Vancouver. I thought that was pretty cool.

Old
01-07-2004, 10:24 AM
tbaak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
Future considerations can be *anything*

jumptheshark's story is great. Another one I heard is that part of "future considerations" in the Sami Salo for Peter Schaefer deal was a promise from Brian Burke that he would not try to trade for Bryan Smolinski at the trade deadline, and a promise from John Muckler he wouldn't go for Brad May. Smolinski went to Ottawa, and May went to Vancouver. I thought that was pretty cool.
Unfortunately there were no future consideration in the Schaefer and Salo deal, and since that trade happened before the season how would either GM know that they didn't want the other team to go after that specific player??/

Closed Thread