HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

News on Teemu?

Old
08-31-2007, 12:20 AM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

vCash: 500
News on Teemu?

With Scott Niedermeyer now likely to return to the Ducks this year, there isn't much money for the Finnish Flash even if he does decide to postpone retirement. With training camp creeping up in a few weeks, isn't it about time he made a formal announcement one way or another...There's no way he could get anywhere close to $5 million on virtually any descent team. I know the Ducks are close to the cap, but could they squeeze Teemu in at $2 million-ish if he a)decides to play b)plays for cheap? I find it strange that a guy who scored 48 goals last year has been so quiet on his future, especially being a UFA.

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 12:33 AM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Well, I still wouldn't call it likely that Nieds returns...

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 12:36 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Selanne decision hinges on Niedermayer's decision. If Nieds decides to come back, Selanne likely will aswell. I also am certain that Teemu would play cheap.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 01:01 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Their both really pissing me off.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 01:13 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Why? Because they have the audacity to plan their own lives without taking your schedule into account?

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 01:19 AM
Landeskog The Viking
Duchene The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Selanne decision hinges on Niedermayer's decision. If Nieds decides to come back, Selanne likely will aswell. I also am certain that Teemu would play cheap.
Can they afford both? only 1.3mil left inless he signs for that

Last edited by Landeskog The Viking: 08-31-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Landeskog The Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 01:52 AM
joe_shannon_1983*

Send a message via MSN to joe_shannon_1983*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stastny26! View Post
Can they afford both? only 1.3mil left inless he signs for that
The Ducks could always trade Marchant away for a bag of pucks. He makes $2.5 million.

joe_shannon_1983* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 03:08 AM
RazorRamon

He's going to play in Calgary next season for the league minimum with no bonuses or incentives.

RazorRamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 03:14 AM
Blue Sur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzie View Post
He's going to play in Calgary next season for the league minimum with no bonuses or incentives.
Sweet dreams... (without any stimulants)

Blue Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 03:38 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Cause there ruining your hockey pool decision.

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 03:46 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
Actually I have Schneider and Big Bert in my hockey pool and the person that I'll be competing against for the title has Neids and Selanne. So they can both take as much time as they like, because the longer they take, the more desperate he becomes.

But seriously, I hope they both do come back. I totally respect their decisions either way, but it will be a great loss to hockey if either one decides to retire.

08-31-2007, 10:21 AM
luckoftheduck

The people who are saying enough already are completely correct and this is from a non-Anaheim Ducks fan perspective. I've had Ducks fans question my fan-dom because of this opinion, but I'm sick of especially Scott. The bottom line is this decision could have been made months ago. And don't tell me "oh it's the biggest decision of your life". That kind of decision if you really sat down and thought about would probably take a week max. To me, it seems Scott especially hasn't put the time in to make up his mind and that's disappointing. The fact that he acted surprised that he felt better 2 months after the SCF is just mindblowing to me. A smart guy like Niedermayer should have known that right when he SHOULD have made his decision! At the end of June. I could care less if Niedermayer retires or comes back as long as he does it soon. Teemu, I would like to come back because a) he would play for cheap b) he's already been working out a little and c) we need offense.

luckoftheduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:

Fans who are looking at purchasing tickets to possibly see these guys play might like to know as well. I'm not a Ducks fan but I feel they deserve better from 2 very key players.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 10:39 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Why? Because they have the audacity to plan their own lives without taking your schedule into account?
I think it's more about the media than it is Niedermayer and Selanne.

Both of them said that when they know we'll know.

The rumor that Selanne was considering coming to the Flyers was most likely made up to force someone's hand.

Kimmo Timonen said in a press conference the other day that Selanne still didn't know what he wanted to do as of 3 weeks ago.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 10:55 AM
flannelman
default user

vCash: 920
Quick Lesson. I'm sure someone knows better than I, though.

Their - reference to a person:
I stole their hockey pucks.

There- place
Let's go over there because that guys smells like fart.

They're- When a group is going to do something, AKA They are
They're going to get in a fight with one another.

They're both going to come out of retirement and they will both play over there with the ducks, because it is their prerogative.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 11:08 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Fans who are looking at purchasing tickets to possibly see these guys play might like to know as well. I'm not a Ducks fan but I feel they deserve better from 2 very key players.
I watch hockey games for the teams and not the names on the back of jerseys.

Old
08-31-2007, 12:54 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Quote:
I watch hockey games for the teams and not the names on the back of jerseys.
Tell that to the Pens marketing staff, lol.

Or the marketing staff for the team Pittsburgh visits. I can bet there's a whole bunch of people who aren't going just for fact it's a hockey game....

08-31-2007, 01:30 PM
joe_shannon_1983*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Tell that to the Pens marketing staff, lol.

Or the marketing staff for the team Pittsburgh visits. I can bet there's a whole bunch of people who aren't going just for fact it's a hockey game....
Exactly.

I watch hockey for the stars, not the teams. Teams that have 0 stars, I find that I am not nearly as interested in watching them compared to teams that have stars.

Old
08-31-2007, 01:37 PM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckGuy0218 View Post
Exactly.

I watch hockey for the stars, not the teams. Teams that have 0 stars, I find that I am not nearly as interested in watching them compared to teams that have stars.
Every team has good players. I can watch every NHL team play and not be bored. It's excellent hockey.

Old
08-31-2007, 02:13 PM
joe_shannon_1983*

Quote:
Every team has good players. I can watch every NHL team play and not be bored. It's excellent hockey.
So watching Pittsburgh play doesn't entertain you more than watching Phoenix play?

Old
08-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Those Bertuzzi & Schneider signings are looking pretty silly.

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 02:41 PM
RazorRamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
I thought the Bertuzzi signing was silly right from the get-go.

RazorRamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 02:47 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckoftheduck View Post
The people who are saying enough already are completely correct and this is from a non-Anaheim Ducks fan perspective. I've had Ducks fans question my fan-dom because of this opinion, but I'm sick of especially Scott. The bottom line is this decision could have been made months ago. And don't tell me "oh it's the biggest decision of your life". That kind of decision if you really sat down and thought about would probably take a week max. To me, it seems Scott especially hasn't put the time in to make up his mind and that's disappointing. The fact that he acted surprised that he felt better 2 months after the SCF is just mindblowing to me. A smart guy like Niedermayer should have known that right when he SHOULD have made his decision! At the end of June. I could care less if Niedermayer retires or comes back as long as he does it soon. Teemu, I would like to come back because a) he would play for cheap b) he's already been working out a little and c) we need offense.
ummm.. dude.. a week tops?!
this isnt like.. "should i buy that jacket or not" (5 mins tops) or "should i buy that car? (5 hours tops) or "should i buy that house?" (5 days maybe) this is a "should i sign a legal document that prevents me from playing a game and making the money im entitled to and continue what ive been doing for practically my entire life" and in the case of scott.. with his brother no less .. thats not easy heh
retiring isnt an easy decision for some to make.. i mean.. how many comebacks did jordan make? pippen? hell there were even rumours that reggie miller was going to make a comeback..
a lot people felt messier shouldve retired sooner and that gretz shouldve kept playing.. but in the end.. the important thing is they made the best decision for them and i can almost guarantee that scott is talking to others who've made the decision before (ie. scott stevens and others whom he had played with in the past and is close to) to get an idea of how the decision can be and how it feels and all that
its not as simple as yay or nay and as such, it can be a time consuming process.. i mean, didnt gretz know he was going to retire well before he actually did? (if my memory serves me correctly he said he knew in training camp), its quite possible that after winning the cup and all the celebrations died down and what not, neidermayer felt the competitive juices flowing again and his body just felt "young again" and now hes not so sure.. as a fan i know it would suck and i truly do feel for you (and by extension to burke who has to plan for all of this) but at the same time its not as easy as just stating "it shouldnt take this long" and leave it at that for neidermayer or selanne

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Mue

I just read this in the mailbag on the hockey news website. Someone asked if the Bertuzzi signing could have an impact on whether Selanne returns (Selanne played for the Avs during the Moore/Bertuzzi incident).

Not trying to raise a stir but I thought it was an interesting observation. Does anyone remember how Selanne responded to the Bertuzzi/Moore incident?

Does anyone think that that could play a role in his decision?

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
Not really. If they both retire then you have nothing, if they both return well you get rid of less talented players to fit them in, and if Niedermayer does come back I would expect his ice time to be cut a bit.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote