HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hotels near Wachovia Center...

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2004, 06:25 AM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Hotels near Wachovia Center...

Hey guys.

I usually post on the Oilers board, but I need a bit of help. I am going to the Oilers Flyers game on the 10th, but at the last minute we decided to get a hotel room.

If anyone has any info (telephone numbers/websites), of hotels within about 5 miles of the Wachovia center, I would be very appreciative for that info.

Thanks in advance.

Old
01-05-2004, 06:40 AM
Dr Love

There is a Holiday Inn next to the stadium complex.

Old
01-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Flyers26

There is a new Hyatt on Delaware Ave/ Columbus Blvd. that is only a short drive away. It's in a decent area, for nightlife, after the game.

Old
01-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Flyers26

There is a new Hyatt on Delaware Ave/ Columbus Blvd. that is only a short drive away. It's in a decent area, for nightlife, after the game.

Old
01-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Larry44
Flyers Tank Nation

You might find it cheaper to get a Bed & Breakfast. Do a google search on "bed and breakfast Philadelphia" and you should be able to find something. I stayed at one a couple years ago and it was much cheaper than the Holiday Inn. I'm sorry I can't remember the name.

Also, don't worry so much about staying near the WC. You're better off in the downtown core area. It's easy to take the subway from there to the game.

The City Center is a very compact area for tourists, you can walk everywhere. There is nothing much in the arena/stadium district so you're better off in the center.

see: www.bedandbreakfast.com

www.bnbphiladelphia.com

philadelphia.guide-to-hotels.com/historic-downtown-hotels.html

www.gophila.com

Old
01-06-2004, 03:58 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44
You might find it cheaper to get a Bed & Breakfast. Do a google search on "bed and breakfast Philadelphia" and you should be able to find something. I stayed at one a couple years ago and it was much cheaper than the Holiday Inn. I'm sorry I can't remember the name.

Also, don't worry so much about staying near the WC. You're better off in the downtown core area. It's easy to take the subway from there to the game.

The City Center is a very compact area for tourists, you can walk everywhere. There is nothing much in the arena/stadium district so you're better off in the center.

see: www.bedandbreakfast.com

www.bnbphiladelphia.com

philadelphia.guide-to-hotels.com/historic-downtown-hotels.html

www.gophila.com
Use the gophila.com is a good website.

Old
01-07-2004, 08:28 AM
dawgbone

Thanks for your input everyone.

I ended up getting a deal through an online travel site, and I am at the Wyndham Philadelphia at Franklin plaza.

Is there a spot near there for the subway, and which would I get on, the cost (yada, yada... I'd rather know this now than try and figure everything out when I get there)

I appreciate your time guys.

Last edited by dawgbone: 01-07-2004 at 08:32 AM.
Old
01-07-2004, 10:43 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Is there a spot near there for the subway, and which would I get on, the cost (yada, yada... I'd rather know this now than try and figure everything out when I get there)

I appreciate your time guys.
I've only ridden the subway maybe 3 times in the last 10 years in Philly, but check out SEPTA's website for some info on costs/subway maps/etc. I'm sure other folks could give you more detailed answers, but this might help too.

Old
01-07-2004, 10:54 AM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Love
I've only ridden the subway maybe 3 times in the last 10 years in Philly, but check out SEPTA's website for some info on costs/subway maps/etc. I'm sure other folks could give you more detailed answers, but this might help too.
Very helpful, thanks.

Old
01-07-2004, 11:19 AM
MojoJojo

I just want to repeat what the other guy said. Center city is the way to go. The double tree at Broad and Locust is the most convenient, also check around the convention center. These hotels are near the broad street subway line which takes you right up to the WC. They are more expensive, but I think you would enjoy your time in Philly a lot more.

Closed Thread