HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Once in for all, WHO SAW KASTTITSYN PLAY

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2004, 06:16 PM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
Once in for all, WHO SAW KASTTITSYN PLAY

Now the question is why did we draft AK instead of Carter. Trevor timmons was so hyped when he drafted him so i'd like to know who saw him play and is he a 1st line player?

Old
01-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
some fans in halifax saw him last year .. and tought that he was the real deal if I remember ..

Old
01-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Habs4ever

Where the hell are you coming from judging!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
Now the question is why did we draft AK instead of Carter. Trevor timmons was so hyped when he drafted him so i'd like to know who saw him play and is he a 1st line player?

Kostitsyn without knowing much about him, We need superstar, if I remember correctly Carter was stretch at 10th to be picked up by us, while everyone knew at the time Kostitsyn was the player that had the highest potential in the draft to be game breaker, Carter was picked 11th only because it was philly making that pick, for us it was either Kostitsyn or Parise there were clear top ten in the draft and after that it was next second tier prospects for next ten pick, it was very deep draft year, and we might have got the best player what more do you want, for me I'm just waiting for Kostitsyn to come here and once and for all show that he's got the talent to be top player.

Old
01-06-2004, 06:32 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
An Andrei Kastistyn Game Report

Old
01-06-2004, 06:36 PM
RE-HABS

This is a scouting report on the Rangers website:
ANDREI KASTITSYN
A very strong skater with great acceleration … Is able to make creative plays at top speeds … A natural scorer with a dangerously hard shot … Possesses tremendous natural offensive skills … Has world class hands and is a threat to produce every time he is on the ice … Possibly the most talented player in the draft.

Old
01-06-2004, 07:01 PM
RE-HABS

Another Scouting quote:

Kyle Woodlief of the independent scouting service Red Line Report called Kastitsyn the "best player in the draft" on Sunday.
*"For the offensive skill he has, he plays with more grit, fire and passion than the other top-rated guys," said Woodlief. "He'll finish the play if he gets the puck and if he doesn't have it, he'll go get it.
*"He wants to puck every time he's on the ice."

Old
01-07-2004, 02:18 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
Kostitsyn or Parise
I thought everyone expected Montreal to pick Dustin Brown...

Old
01-07-2004, 02:32 AM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
i saw kostystin play last year in sydney against the russians, and every shift he took against them the russians had 2 guys covering him which must mean something.

Old
01-07-2004, 05:04 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
I thought everyone expected Montreal to pick Dustin Brown...
That's who I thought the habs were going to pick, but I like the fact we took AK. Seems like more of a gamble versus Brown but it could pay major dividends for us in a couple of years.

Old
01-07-2004, 06:40 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
More quotes about our man Kats from woodlief:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...forwards_x.htm

And there's a little something for everyone with talented players of all styles and sizes available. If it's pure gamebreaking ability you're after, nobody beats Belarussia's Andrei Kastsitsyn. The fiery winger has a rare mix of skill and desire. Plenty of snipers know what to do with the puck once you get it to them in scoring territory. What sets Kastsitsyn apart is that he'll do all the hard work to go get the puck, then he'll steam his way through traffic into scoring position and finish off his own play.

and a chat with woodlief before the draft:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=3664

Ray Stinger,Jr.(Pittsburgh): Hey,Kyle! Whom do you think the Pens will go after with the #3 pick? There's been some talk that Pittsburgh is interested in moving up to the 1st pick,have you heard anything?

Kyle Woodlief: My guess is the player they feel is the highest impact forward still left on the board. For me, that would mean either Kastsitsyn or Zherdev.

ken, from michigan: Hi, Whats your take Andrei Kastsaitsyn? At the time of the WJC he was a "who, what, huh" player and now he's getting a lot of hype. Where do you think he'll be drafted? thanks!

Kyle Woodlief: I really have no idea what the hell you're talking about since Andrei Kastsitsyn was in Red Line Report's first round in our pre-season report last August, had already moved into our top 15 by November, and was among our top five after the World Jrs. in Halifax. Maybe you didn't know who he was, but everybody else certainly did.
Frankly, if you take away the concerns over his epilepsy and potential back problem, he's clearly the best player in this year's draft -- period.

Roselle PK: If you had the No. 1 pick, who would you pick as the best player available?

Kyle Woodlief: At Red Line we believe that Andrei Kastsitsyn is the clear cut choice as No. 1 overall, if you are absolutely 100% convinced that his epilepsy/back issues won't be a longterm problem in his career.

Jason (Pittsburgh, PA): Everyone is talking about the top four picks, but im curious to see who you have falling to the Sabres at #5. Any thoughts?....Thanks in advance.

Kyle Woodlief: The way it looks like the draft will break, I could see Andrei Kastsitsyn still being on the board at No. 5. If so, he would be the bigest steal of the year and would provide the Sabres the type of offensive catalyst they sorely lack (aside from Satan).

Dave (Atlanta, GA): It seems like in each draft, there is a distinct line between the elite prospects (2001 Spezza/Kovalchuk, 2002 JBo/Nash/Lehtonen) and the rest. In your opinion, who are the elite in this draft.

Kyle Woodlief: For Red Line, the top tier in this draft runs about eight deep and includes Kastsitsyn, Fleury, Horton, Zherdev, Michalek, Coburn, Vanek, and Staal.

John, LA: QUICK: You're a GM and through some sort of wonder, you are allowed the top 6 picks. Who would you pick assuming you needed all positions equally (i.e., who's the best center, the best RW, the best LW, 2 best Dmen, and best goaler in the draft)

Kyle Woodlief: Kastsitsyn, Fleury, Horton, Coburn, Jessiman, Phaneuf

also, a little something on Locke

Russell (AZ): Where do you have Corey Locke projected to go and can he make a difference with his size in the NHL?

Kyle Woodlief: We have Corey Locke pegged at No. 61 on our final list, which would make him a late 2nd rounder. Even if he doesn't go that high due to his size, we think he'll develop into a good NHL role player. He's fearless and doesn't mind playing in traffic, and even if he doesn't wind up playing on a top two line, he can contribute in other roles. Very smart and instinctive kid.

and I also found this in an earlier redline column:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...woodlief_x.htm

Rising:

Maxim Lapierre — Wow! What was he doing languishing in Midget AAA last year? He's already Montreal's best forward as a rookie.

Old
01-07-2004, 07:46 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Well when it's only 6 months or so after the draft, and you pick in such a high slot as 10th in perhaps the deepest draft in the last 10 + years, there's going to be a lot of 2nd guessing. Kastsitsyn, Brown, Parise, Cater, Stewart, these guys could all turn out to be very good, but you can only pick one, and you can't take it back. My belief is the Habs took the best player that they thought was avalible per their opinion, and that's what they should do.

I can't say I buy into Timmons hype, cause this is his job and he's not going to say we just guessed or that we weren't sure etc.. Hopefully he'll be signed over the summer, and we can watch and form our own opinions.

And yes I have seen him play and I was impressed.

Old
01-07-2004, 05:21 PM
FinnoHab

I was just reading Kasty's Prospect Profile on HabsWorld (great site btw). It says "Shoots: Left or Right". What's that all about? Is our man ambidextrous? Or does he have the best backhand in the game since Bjorn Borg retired? Just wondering...

Old
01-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnoHab
I was just reading Kasty's Prospect Profile on HabsWorld (great site btw). It says "Shoots: Left or Right". What's that all about? Is our man ambidextrous? Or does he have the best backhand in the game since Bjorn Borg retired? Just wondering...

Shoots left according to a pic I received.

edit: the pic was him in action and a D was all over him but you can see that he's a left shot

Old
01-08-2004, 01:23 AM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
It's not a world junior championship that will make Carter absolutely better than AK ... AK will be in is 5TH World Junior Appereance next year (5th is unbeliveable lolll) ,,, The problem is that He is on a bad team ... Carter is on one of the best team in the World so it helps to show his talent

Old
01-08-2004, 06:36 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnoHab

I did that, thanks for pointing that out, I never fixed it. He shoots left.

Fixed. http://www.habsworld.net/show_prospect.php?id=28

Closed Thread