HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philly and Burbs Fantasy Hockey BEER League

Old
09-01-2007, 03:19 PM
ronnybrook

vCash: 500
Philly and Burbs Fantasy Hockey BEER League

I'm looking for 19 Philadelphia and suburb area General Managers for a Fantasy League I'd like to start called the PPBL (Philadelphia Phantasy Beer League). My vision is to form a league of diehard fantasy hockey nerds (like myself) that will meet monthly during the hockey season at local area bars for monthly "General Manager Meetings" to watch a Flyers game, talk fantasy trades, and just socialize in general.

The league would be a free Yahoo head-to-head league with 25 man rosters. At the end of each season, GMs would protect 15 players and release 10 into a 5 round competition drafts to help establish parity throughout the league for less competitive teams from season to season.

I have created a Yahoo account for each franchise, and will send the log in and password to any fantasy GM who meets the following requirements:

1. You must be 21 years of age or older. I hate to discriminate, but it's unfortunate that not only can you not drink until you're 21, but in most bars your not allowed to hang out without a guardian as well. So, all GM's must be of drinking age. My apologies.

2. You must live in Philadelphia, or in one of it's neighboring suburbs. General Manager meetings are in no way mandatory, but it would be nice to get a few people out for beers/cokes/wings on a monthly basis.

3. You must provide me with the most reliable email address to reach you at, and a phone number (which will be verified before I send you the invite). This may sound heavy handed, but in the event that a GM becomes inactive and ignores emails from the league, I want to be able to move quickly to find a replacement GM. Having a phone number helps speed the process along.

4. Please do not enroll if: 1) You are already are in or plan to be in six other leagues, or 2) You have a history of suddenly dropping out of other leagues. I want this league to be competitve and fun.

Things I like about my league that I hope you will enjoy as well:

A. Twenty teams with 25 man rosters means the only players on the waivers are scrubs and diamonds in the rough. How much success you have with drafting, trading, and evaluating what scraps are on the waiver wire will determine your success, NOT the ability to rebuild your team on the waiver wire every week. This league will be trade and draft driven.

B. There is a miximum of 18 waiver wire transactions, and a trading dadline of March 6th to cut down on any possible shenanigans going into the post-season.

C. The off-season competition draft and rookie draft orders are determined by worst to first place standings. This means that even if your team did not make the playoffs, you will have ample opportunity to improve your rosters in the off-season. This is a Keeper league. I want this to go on for YEARS. Real franchises.

D. Because there are off-season drafts, trades may include draft picks (with specific rules to be finalized later).

E. Because each team has a league-created Yahoo ID, if you are on business, vacation, or suddenly called out of town, with proper notice I will make weekly adjustments to your roster for you. However, one rule that will be strictly enforced is that teams will not be allowed to change passwords, which would hinder my ability to help GMs or move the account to another GM upon someone quitting the league.

F. I don't tolerate GMs that neglect to make their roster moves. If I see a team is not moving personel and a ridiculous amount of man-games are being missed, I will contact the GM by email, then phone (if necessary). If I recieve no response or an unsatisfactory response, I will move to replace the absentee GM quickly to guaruntee the leage always remains competitve and fun.

G. If you don't like the league, no sweat. These teams are franchises, and their rosters, team names, and logos will be transfered to another General Manager.

H. It is the height of fantasy sports nerdiness, but I plan to buy a trophy to engrave the name of the GM/team on it from season to season.

---

If you're STILL with me on this LOOOONG post, and you'd like to join my league for years and years to come, please email me the following information:

1. Your full name (First/Last)
2. The most reliable email address to contact you at. (This will only be used in the event you become absentee).
3. A phone number I can reach you at (to verify, and in the event you go AWOL).
4. Your age, or at least the assurance that you are of age to be in a bar legally. And no, you don't have to drink if you don't want to.

Please email the above info to me at: phillyphantasybeerleague@yahoo.com

All the best,
Ronny Little
PPBL Commissioner

ronnybrook is offline   Reply With Quote