For Anyone Confused About the Ken Klee Signing

Old
09-01-2007, 02:59 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

vCash: 500
For Anyone Confused About the Ken Klee Signing

Quote:
It's already clear that Ken Klee is a natural leader and I think his presence is going to be felt in the locker room. While there are a decent number of veterans on the roster not many of them are particularly outspoken. Havelid and Zhitnik are both fairly quiet, as is Slava Kozlov. My early impression of Klee, who I spoke to for about 10 minutes, is that he has the kind of strong personality that can fill the void left by the departures of Scott Mellanby, Greg de vries and Andy Sutton.
http://thrashers.portspaces.com/post..._the_rink.html

I'm anxious to see what the defense is going to be like this season. I know we lost a lot of physicality in de Vries and Hnidy, but hopefully Klee can knock people around a bit.

So McCarthy vs Pilar vs Kwiatkowski vs Enstrom vs Popvic vs About a Half Dozen Rookies (Lehman, Lewis, Oystrick, Valabik, Denny)?

Can't wait for the preseason games!

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Lux Aurumque*

I stick to what I said before: Enstrom and Popovic will join Klee, Zhitnik, Havelid, and Exelby in our defense corps.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Thrasher King 18*

Send a message via MSN to Thrasher King 18* Send a message via Yahoo to Thrasher King 18*
Player Notes
2006-07 SEASON: Played in career-high 81 games, recording 19 points (three goals, 16 assists) Led team with a +18 rating Earned plus or even rating in 65 of 81 games, including a plus-rating 34 times Finished 21st among NHL defensemen in plus/minus rating Led Colorado with 107 hits Ranked third on Avalanche in penalty minutes (68), blocked shots (155) and ice time (20:37) Skated in season-high 25:29 TOI and had five blocked shots on Oct. 16 vs. Chicago Tied career-high with three points (three assists) in Nov. 30 at Edmonton.

He's not that bad, put up a good season for Colorado last year.

Thrasher King 18* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Lux Aurumque*

The physicality will definitely help. He'll make up for what we lost, without any of Sutton's stupid, pointless dirty play. I didn't like the signing at first..but that was more because I really wanted us to bring in a Rafalski or Markov...Klee was a solid signing.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote