HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is more important?

View Poll Results: Which player is more important to the New York Rangers
Jaromir Jagr 17 12.50%
Henrik Lundqvist 107 78.68%
This question is too hard, I can't decide. 12 8.82%
Someone else (please name below) 0 0%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
This is like asking....

who's more important to this board: MJ, SBoB, Guru or FLY - we need 'em all to keep it clean - it's a team effort...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2007, 07:25 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
who's more important to this board: MJ, SBoB, Guru or FLY - we need 'em all to keep it clean - it's a team effort...

No offense to the others, but, I've gotta go with SBOB, just based on longevity and familiarity with his posting. Plus, he's also a Mets and Giants fan.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Fletch

Whatever, jas...

MJ's had a steady handle since day one and I've actually seen the guy. Saw the poor kid get the hiccups back in 2003 during the MYT/CAR series at Third and Long - year may be wrong, but I was drunk - wadda-u-expect?

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2007, 07:49 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
I used to lurk on this board as far back as 2002 (I'd cut class Junior year of HS and read up on the Rangers; I was thrilled to find information on prospects out there somewhere) and the two names that have stuck with me after all these years are SBoB and MJ. Also, Larry Melnyk sticks out in my mind for some reason.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2007, 07:59 PM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
Since good goalies are much more hard to get, if I had to choose between Hank and Jagr, I'd choose Hank.

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
theres an easy answer to that.

me.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2007, 11:02 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Henke we don't have someone as good to replace him

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2007, 11:02 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I used to lurk on this board as far back as 2002 (I'd cut class Junior year of HS and read up on the Rangers; I was thrilled to find information on prospects out there somewhere) and the two names that have stuck with me after all these years are SBoB and MJ. Also, Larry Melnyk sticks out in my mind for some reason.
That's because he's a crotched-y SOB who agrees with no one......except me lately.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2007, 04:19 AM
Chimp

Jagr - a sure HOF:er, the best European forward to have ever played the game... yeah, it's a lock, Lundqvist is most important.

Goaltending is the most crucial and vulnerable position there is. The last outpost. If you have an elite goalie, it's a no brainer the elite goalie will be more important than the elite forward.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2007, 04:25 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Jagr - a sure HOF:er, the best European forward to have ever played the game... yeah, it's a lock, Lundqvist is most important.

Goaltending is the most crucial and vulnerable position there is. The last outpost. If you have an elite goalie, it's a no brainer the elite goalie will be more important than the elite forward.
Jersey prove you can win cups without (much) elite scoring. Would they have won any of their cups without Marty? like hell they would have.

Any cup winner you look at usually has a good or in form goalie unless they're called the Edmonton Oilers, they could have won the cup without a goalie!!!!!!!

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2007, 04:14 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Ahhhh... I don't see how you can pick anyone other than Ludqvist. Everybody knows goaltending is the most important position in hockey. If you have a good goalie you always have a chance (see NJ, Calgary, Vancouver) if you have a crappy (or even average) backstop you are screwed more often than not. With that in mind an the fact our backups are largely unproven this is a no-brainer.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Block More Shots

Henrik.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982 View Post
Ahhhh... I don't see how you can pick anyone other than Ludqvist. Everybody knows goaltending is the most important position in hockey. If you have a good goalie you always have a chance (see NJ, Calgary, Vancouver) if you have a crappy (or even average) backstop you are screwed more often than not. With that in mind an the fact our backups are largely unproven this is a no-brainer.
True...remember Ottawa when they had Lalime? Great team but pretty below average goalie.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2007, 06:21 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Easily Lundqvist.

If Jagr goes down at least we have Gomez, Drury, Shanny, Straka to step up, if Lundqvist goes down, yea, we're screwed.
Agreed! It comes down to ice time. Henke will play 60 minutes of 65 games (3900) where Jagr will play 30 minutes of 80 games (2400). Thats a difference of 1500 minutes or a total of 25 games worth in minutes.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2007, 04:40 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Agreed! It comes down to ice time. Henke will play 60 minutes of 65 games (3900) where Jagr will play 30 minutes of 80 games (2400). Thats a difference of 1500 minutes or a total of 25 games worth in minutes.
well worked out!

I think we have a lot of vital players now on this team but only one irreplacable player - Henrik.

Old
09-05-2007, 05:00 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Good question.

Elite goalie > elite forward.

That said, if Jagr goes down, so do Rangers Cup hopes.
Same goes for Lundqvist.

Simply put, you guys need both for a Cup run. One of them won't do.
Gomez and Drury are nice additions, Shanny's a HOFer but getting old, Straka's feisty but not exactly a superstar (though should be good for 25-30 goals, 80 points) and he plays his best with Jagr.
Also, Jagr dictates the flow of play and makes it easier on the defense as well as his forward linemates.
So, it's Lundqvist... But with no Jagr, IMO the Rangers Cup hopes are just an illusion.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2007, 05:15 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
Good question.

Elite goalie > elite forward.

That said, if Jagr goes down, so do Rangers Cup hopes.
Same goes for Lundqvist.

Simply put, you guys need both for a Cup run. One of them won't do.
Gomez and Drury are nice additions, Shanny's a HOFer but getting old, Straka's feisty but not exactly a superstar (though should be good for 25-30 goals, 80 points) and he plays his best with Jagr.
Also, Jagr dictates the flow of play and makes it easier on the defense as well as his forward linemates.
So, it's Lundqvist... But with no Jagr, IMO the Rangers Cup hopes are just an illusion.
its a very valid point well made, but i think Jersey show you that with an elite goalie playing at the top of his game you can get away with having a not so great forward roster. Yes, they had some good players but during most of their runs they relied ond efence and Marty Brodeur.

Henrik, then Jagr for me.

Old
09-05-2007, 07:30 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
It's hard to compare Jagr and Lundqvist. But as the game is, the goalie is the most important position especially in the postseason.