HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: NYR and Tampa Bay

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2004, 05:02 PM
rnyquist

vCash: 500
Proposal: NYR and Tampa Bay

With Tampa having problems what would it take to get the Bulin Wall and Vinny L?

To NYR:
Bulin Wall
Vincent LeC

To TB:
Anson Carter
Mike Dunham
1st rounder
Dominic Moore

Old
01-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Peter Griffin

That is absolutely brutal for the Lightning. If you want Vinny, start throwing out names such as Dan Blackburn, Fedor Tjutin, and Hugh Jessiman. Even then, it's highly doubtful that a package of prospects/picks could get Vinny, they would want proven players who can step in and make an immediate impact. Carter is a huge downgrade on Vinny, Dunham is a downgrade on 'Bulin, and the 1st and Moore aren't nearly enticing enough.

Old
01-07-2004, 05:11 PM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
With Tampa having problems what would it take to get the Bulin Wall and Vinny L?

To NYR:
Bulin Wall
Vincent LeC

To TB:
Anson Carter
Mike Dunham
1st rounder
Dominic Moore

Here's why it wouldn't be so hard.
a) TB has been TERRIBLE lately, and have wanted to dump Bulin for some time, he really wouldn't cost much, no joke.
b) with Vinny and the coach at each others necks, Vinny's value won't be as much, also he has yet to live up to his potential. If anything Nedved or Lundmark would all that would need to be adjusted really if anything

Old
01-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
a) TB has been TERRIBLE lately, and have wanted to dump Bulin for some time, he really wouldn't cost much, no joke.
Since when has Tampa wanted to "dump" Khabibulin? Quit making stuff up.

Quote:
b) with Vinny and the coach at each others necks, Vinny's value won't be as much, also he has yet to live up to his potential. If anything Nedved or Lundmark would all that would need to be adjusted really if anything
I'll let Tampa fans deal with this...

Old
01-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
LOL, since when does Tampa want to dump Bulin? Not to mention, Tampa could do a LOT better than this.
Quote:
Oh my god

You're not taking Tampa's needs into account AT ALL in this trade. I know the Rangers are used to picking off other teams' good players for nothing, but Tampa has no need to salary dump. You're horribly underrating the values of Khabi and Lecavalier, IMO. Just because Vinny got mad at his coach two weeks ago, you think you can get him for firesale prices?

Old
01-07-2004, 05:25 PM
rnyquist

Unless Lecavalier starts putting up points his attitude and 47 point pace isn't much. Maybe he had a lot of a value before this season but his on and off ice struggles hurt his value.

As for Bulin,
He has been right there with Cujo and Burke on the trade market. Call it what you want but I'll find the link, give me time

Old
01-07-2004, 06:20 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
well I still dont think TB does this

but

Kovalev, Carter/Lundmark, 1st

for

Lecavlier, Khabibulin

NYR get a young center who would be a welcome addition to this club and a playoff calibre goaltender, and Tampa gets a very solid sniper in Kovalev and a solid 2nd/3rd liner in Lundmark or Carter and a 1st rd pick

Dunham would have to be moved in another deal I guess

I think its closer, but the Bolts still wont do it. I think trading Lecavlier is a terrible move no matter what. In fact I think these teams are terrible trading partners.

Old
01-07-2004, 06:22 PM
Verbal Kint*

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Please don't post these proposals, my skull and monitor are both developing fractures.

Old
01-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Winston Wolf

Seriously, what's with all of the HORRIBLE trade proposals recently? There are usually a couple bad ones, but recently there has been an influx of threads in this forum with just complete unrealistic crap.

Old
01-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
Seriously, what's with all of the HORRIBLE trade proposals recently? There are usually a couple bad ones, but recently there has been an influx of threads in this forum with just complete unrealistic crap.
School was out for Winter vacation...

Old
01-07-2004, 07:15 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Since when has Tampa wanted to "dump" Khabibulin? Quit making stuff up.

I'll let Tampa fans deal with this...
I think you should stop making things up, that proposal was not ridiculous not in the least bit.

Old
01-07-2004, 07:19 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I think you should stop making things up, that proposal was not ridiculous not in the least bit.
Of course it isn't, you're a Rangers fan...

Let's see. The Lightning downgrade their offense going from Lecavalier to Carter. Not only that, but Carter is 6 years older. The Lightning also take a hit between the pipes, Dunham is a big downgrade from Khabibulin. The 1st round pick is nice, but Tampa has no need for it, they are trying to win now. Domenic Moore is a decent prospect, nothing too special. Tell me again, why would Tampa even think about this deal for a nanosecond?

Old
01-07-2004, 08:47 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Of course it isn't, you're a Rangers fan...

Let's see. The Lightning downgrade their offense going from Lecavalier to Carter. Not only that, but Carter is 6 years older. The Lightning also take a hit between the pipes, Dunham is a big downgrade from Khabibulin. The 1st round pick is nice, but Tampa has no need for it, they are trying to win now. Domenic Moore is a decent prospect, nothing too special. Tell me again, why would Tampa even think about this deal for a nanosecond?
Your first comment alone shows how ignorant you are. Read my post history to see my feelings on most of this Ranger team then tell me how bias I am.

Why does Tampa do this, well lets see. Vinny L is and has always found his way in Tampa's dog house. While he's young he also is getting pricey. I'm sure if Tampa could get fair value for him in trade he's gone the next day. Carter is a downgrade obviously, but is a more then adaquate replacement. Dunham is a huge downgrade from Nikolai but you are not factoring the financial aspects of this deal. Both he and Vinny are pricey and the former I believe is up for a new contract which will likely be in the range of 6-8 mill, last I checked Tampa does not have deep pockets. Dunham is another more then adaquate replacement and fits well within a budget. While the first and Moore do not balance the trade off enough to be completely fair for Tampa, it is certainly not as far off to be called ridiculous and get the abuse you've thrown at it. Your obnoxious attitude in this thread is what's ridiculous, I think you should go look in the mirror and remind yourself not a general manager of an NHL team.

Last edited by #37-#93-#27*: 01-07-2004 at 09:13 PM.
Old
01-07-2004, 09:32 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
*rimshot*

Old
01-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Chayos

Well Screw the rangers how about this offer for Vinny

The oil send Brewer, Rita, Stoll and Philly's 1st for Lecavilier.

The Lightning get a quality 3rd line center of the future in Stoll a good lw prospect and the pick to go with a blue chip d-man.

How does that look from a tampa bay point of view?

Old
01-08-2004, 04:02 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
That about sums it up. It's a completely useless deal for Tampa.

Anyone who thinks Tampa has been trying to "dump Khabibulin" needs to realize they're called "rumors" for a reason.

Old
01-08-2004, 04:19 AM
Davisian

Forget Vinny, let's concentrate on 'Bulin..

And I haven't heard he's being "dumped" but I have heard he's available.. (Yes, by rumor mongering scribes), based on the development of Graham..

Soooo..

Carter, Dunham, Poti..

'Bulin, Alexeev, Pratt..

Hmmmmmm???

Old
01-08-2004, 05:03 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I can see Sather making a run at Bulin (he's wanted him for years now). I don't think the Bolts would want to take back Dunham however. And I think that Lundmark would go in a deal for Bulin.

To TB: Lundmark, Poti, Markkanen

To NYR: Bulin, Sarich

01-08-2004, 05:07 AM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Forget Vinny, let's concentrate on 'Bulin..

And I haven't heard he's being "dumped" but I have heard he's available.. (Yes, by rumor mongering scribes), based on the development of Graham..

Soooo..

Carter, Dunham, Poti..

'Bulin, Alexeev, Pratt..

Hmmmmmm???
what a funny thread. vinny is too young for the rags. seriously, that offer for him AND 'bulin is pretty weak. it failed to address the needs of tb imo.

this last post, actually, isn't that bad though. if you flop out dunham and slot in jussi, take out pratt and replace him with a solid d-prospect, this has legs. tb would have to be confident to go with grahame (a big mistake IMHO) but gaining poti fills a need. carter could make moving another forward possible in a connecting deal possible. jussi and grahame sounds decent, kinda.

for the rags, bulin (the best, most valuable player in the deal) solves a perceived problem in goal, alexeev might EVENTUALLY help bring a little more out of kovalev and a solid d prospect is always valuable for a team with aging D.

Old
01-08-2004, 05:17 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
I'm going to invoke the "trade is horrible" clause and shut it down.

Closed Thread