HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This time last year...

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2004, 05:51 PM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
This time last year...

Wasn't this about the time the Habs were going in the tank... and MT got fired??? Mid to late January I think... anyhow, one year later and MT's replacement CJ has the Habs playing very well, on a bit of a streak and things are looking up! Keep things going boys!

Old
01-07-2004, 06:15 AM
Darz

Remember how many nights when Therrien was coaching the team we would allow 40+ shots and look like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off out there.

I think Julien has been the perfect tonic for the team. I know he wasn't hired by Gainey to coach the team, but I have a feeling that he has quickly become Gainey's coach.

A front office with Gainey and Savard and with Julien behind the bench, have me feeling comfortable with our coach and GM for the first time since the great crash (the hiring of Houle and Tremblay).

Old
01-07-2004, 06:23 AM
Marchy79

I do think the front office is as stable as it ever has been. Julien has gotten the team going like Therien never did... I remember the first thing he did last year was cut down the amount of shots against... We still got pounded once in a while, but I will never forget the way Therien would let 40 + shots at theo sound routine... Jules has cleaned that situation up so efficiently, it's now a surprise to get outshot. He's my coach of the year, and Savard/Gainey are my choice for braintrust of the year. (Savvy for having the savvy to let Gainey in without being egotistical about it, and Gainey for instilling some much needed pride and respect back in to donning that jersey again)

Old
01-07-2004, 06:32 AM
Bob Bastards

Having a GM that back up is coach 100% and having a coach that will not let the player run the show is doing wonder on this team. When everybody, from the president to the 4th line grinder is playing on the same page, your team is winning. End of story.
If you don't get idea, look at the Capital, the Rangers or the Lightning...

Closed Thread