HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Fourth line center JR

Old
09-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 50
Fourth line center JR

in all honesty i had alawys loved JR in philly he was awesome. but now he is no longer that player, if we had a hole on our fourth line center does anyone else think he may have fit well. i mean there is no guarentees but there really isnt several fourth line center guarentees. besides how he has performed lately on two teams that really had no chance of post season do you think he can bring it together enough to be a steady fourth line center for SJ??

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2007, 04:21 PM
BGDDYKWL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCupChamps08 View Post
...do you think he can bring it together enough to be a steady fourth line center for SJ??
In a word, yes. I think what will help him the most this year is playing on a team that is a legitimate contender. I'm sure it was difficult for him to get motivated with the Kings and Yotes, especially considering the fact that he is clearly in the twilight of his career. That being said, he wasn't nearly as bad in Phoenix as many would have you believe, as he still played the body, skated well, and did whatever was asked of him. That and the expectations are now at a level more appropriate with where he is at this stage of his career. I'd expect 10-15 goals and 30-35 points. And for a 3rd/4th line guy making $500K, that's pretty solid.

BGDDYKWL is online now   Reply With Quote