HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What about Holik?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2004, 07:19 PM
  #1
supernova
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
What about Holik?

He's 33, 3 or 4 years of he & Thornton wouldn't be a bad thing. Nasty at times, experience, his health is back, good all around game, can score, big body, bla bla bla. NY wants to dump salary don't they? I don't imagine they would give him to the Bs anyway but I like the idea.

supernova is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 07:31 PM
  #2
stungun
Registered User
 
stungun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Portland, ME
Country: United States
Posts: 1,463
vCash: 500
whats he making 9 mill a year. thats alot of jacobs jerky we would have to sell at the vault. if he was making about half that i would say do it and put him on the third line centering lapointe and axe. move up rolston or trade him and a pick/prospect for a #2 center.

stungun is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 07:40 PM
  #3
supernova
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Can't that be figured out with this new CBA? Surely JJ could get him for less than that. OUCH is it that much? I forgot, I thought it was like 6-7. 5 years at 45? No wonder the league is in trouble. I still like him though.

supernova is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 07:50 PM
  #4
stungun
Registered User
 
stungun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Portland, ME
Country: United States
Posts: 1,463
vCash: 500
according to nhlpa.com $8,850,000 ouch thats alot of hay jacobs can feed to his arabian or persian horsies...........

stungun is offline  
Old
01-06-2004, 08:35 PM
  #5
Ortdogg
Registered User
 
Ortdogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
mr gueirn would still be here if they were willing to pay that much!

ill pass

Ortdogg is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 04:16 AM
  #6
Gee Wally
Grumpy
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 38,214
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrtDogg19
mr gueirn would still be here if they were willing to pay that much!

ill pass

I'll second that....

__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 05:17 AM
  #7
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
He's 33, 3 or 4 years of he & Thornton wouldn't be a bad thing. Nasty at times, experience, his health is back, good all around game, can score, big body, bla bla bla. NY wants to dump salary don't they? I don't imagine they would give him to the Bs anyway but I like the idea.

Good god no.

Bruwinz37 is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 05:19 AM
  #8
Black Eye
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
No. I'd take him at $3M. For being a "winner," he has not helped the Rangers win anything. What would we expect from him here?

 
Old
01-07-2004, 06:02 AM
  #9
wensink
Registered User
 
wensink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,880
vCash: 500
There are tons of people getting on Lapointe for his $5 mil contract.

Imagine what fun they'd have with Holik's contract?


wensink is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 08:52 AM
  #10
supernova
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
No. I'd take him at $3M. For being a "winner," he has not helped the Rangers win anything. What would we expect from him here?
He wears a pair of Cup rings, played with more than a few HOF's, has almost 150 playoff games played, has seen game sevens, and certainly can't be blamed for the Rangers woes. Blame the women on defence for that.

I'd just like to see a veteran guy as the #2 center who can take some of the pressure and attention away from Joe. He could be trusted in key situations and unlike our other forwards, he knows how to play in his own end.

His salary is outrageous, I'll give you that. We still need a #2 pivot at some point and there doesn't seem to be one on the horizon.

supernova is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 09:04 AM
  #11
Stock Rocks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Billerica, Mass.
Posts: 3,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
He wears a pair of Cup rings, played with more than a few HOF's, has almost 150 playoff games played, has seen game sevens, and certainly can't be blamed for the Rangers woes. Blame the women on defence for that.

I'd just like to see a veteran guy as the #2 center who can take some of the pressure and attention away from Joe. He could be trusted in key situations and unlike our other forwards, he knows how to play in his own end.

His salary is outrageous, I'll give you that. We still need a #2 pivot at some point and there doesn't seem to be one on the horizon.
Holik has never been a big point producer, though and is now 33 yrs. old. Where is his offense going to go from here? North or south? And given that $9M pricetag, that's a lot of coin for intangibles. We don't appreciate what Lapointe does that doesn't show up on the scoresheet, so why would Holik be a welcome fit here?

If the Bruins are going to find an answer at the no. 2 slot, it won't be with this guy, IMO.

Stock Rocks is offline  
Old
01-07-2004, 09:15 AM
  #12
Black Eye
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I'm not saying that Holik wouldn't help. Of course he would be a good 2nd line center for us.

But... where to start. He makes an outrageous, untenable salary and there's a long-term commitment. He is overrated. Good player, yes, but will not turn a losing team into a winning team. He's 33 years old. His point production has been decreasing steadily since the late 90's. 35 points last year? 27 this year?

Again, I'm just saying... good player yes, right acquisition for us no. I'd rather have Jason Arnott frankly even though he is not without baggage too.

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.