Notices

What about Holik?

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2004, 07:19 PM
supernova

vCash: 500
What about Holik?

He's 33, 3 or 4 years of he & Thornton wouldn't be a bad thing. Nasty at times, experience, his health is back, good all around game, can score, big body, bla bla bla. NY wants to dump salary don't they? I don't imagine they would give him to the Bs anyway but I like the idea.

Old
01-06-2004, 07:31 PM
stungun

whats he making 9 mill a year. thats alot of jacobs jerky we would have to sell at the vault. if he was making about half that i would say do it and put him on the third line centering lapointe and axe. move up rolston or trade him and a pick/prospect for a #2 center.

Old
01-06-2004, 07:40 PM
supernova

Can't that be figured out with this new CBA? Surely JJ could get him for less than that. OUCH is it that much? I forgot, I thought it was like 6-7. 5 years at 45? No wonder the league is in trouble. I still like him though.

Old
01-06-2004, 07:50 PM
stungun

according to nhlpa.com $8,850,000 ouch thats alot of hay jacobs can feed to his arabian or persian horsies...........

Old
01-06-2004, 08:35 PM
Ortdogg

mr gueirn would still be here if they were willing to pay that much!

ill pass

Old
01-07-2004, 04:16 AM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrtDogg19
mr gueirn would still be here if they were willing to pay that much!

ill pass

I'll second that....

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
01-07-2004, 05:17 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
He's 33, 3 or 4 years of he & Thornton wouldn't be a bad thing. Nasty at times, experience, his health is back, good all around game, can score, big body, bla bla bla. NY wants to dump salary don't they? I don't imagine they would give him to the Bs anyway but I like the idea.

Good god no.

Old
01-07-2004, 05:19 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
No. I'd take him at $3M. For being a "winner," he has not helped the Rangers win anything. What would we expect from him here?

Old
01-07-2004, 06:02 AM
wensink

There are tons of people getting on Lapointe for his $5 mil contract.

Imagine what fun they'd have with Holik's contract?

Old
01-07-2004, 08:52 AM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
No. I'd take him at $3M. For being a "winner," he has not helped the Rangers win anything. What would we expect from him here?
He wears a pair of Cup rings, played with more than a few HOF's, has almost 150 playoff games played, has seen game sevens, and certainly can't be blamed for the Rangers woes. Blame the women on defence for that.

I'd just like to see a veteran guy as the #2 center who can take some of the pressure and attention away from Joe. He could be trusted in key situations and unlike our other forwards, he knows how to play in his own end.

His salary is outrageous, I'll give you that. We still need a #2 pivot at some point and there doesn't seem to be one on the horizon.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Stock Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
He wears a pair of Cup rings, played with more than a few HOF's, has almost 150 playoff games played, has seen game sevens, and certainly can't be blamed for the Rangers woes. Blame the women on defence for that.

I'd just like to see a veteran guy as the #2 center who can take some of the pressure and attention away from Joe. He could be trusted in key situations and unlike our other forwards, he knows how to play in his own end.

His salary is outrageous, I'll give you that. We still need a #2 pivot at some point and there doesn't seem to be one on the horizon.
Holik has never been a big point producer, though and is now 33 yrs. old. Where is his offense going to go from here? North or south? And given that $9M pricetag, that's a lot of coin for intangibles. We don't appreciate what Lapointe does that doesn't show up on the scoresheet, so why would Holik be a welcome fit here?

If the Bruins are going to find an answer at the no. 2 slot, it won't be with this guy, IMO.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:15 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
I'm not saying that Holik wouldn't help. Of course he would be a good 2nd line center for us.

But... where to start. He makes an outrageous, untenable salary and there's a long-term commitment. He is overrated. Good player, yes, but will not turn a losing team into a winning team. He's 33 years old. His point production has been decreasing steadily since the late 90's. 35 points last year? 27 this year?

Again, I'm just saying... good player yes, right acquisition for us no. I'd rather have Jason Arnott frankly even though he is not without baggage too.

Closed Thread