HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season Tickets

Old
09-11-2007, 02:11 PM
CBJ

vCash: 500
Quick question to settle a bet... can anyone confirm whether or not preseason tickets come with season tickets???? My gut feeling is that they don't but I'm hoping someone can overturn that.

CBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 02:24 PM
RickS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ View Post
Quick question to settle a bet... can anyone confirm whether or not preseason tickets come with season tickets???? My gut feeling is that they don't but I'm hoping someone can overturn that.
They do-we don't have a choice

RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 02:25 PM
5StringBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ View Post
We have full-season tickets that include the pre-season tickets -- but not for free.

5StringBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

From the Nashville board.

Ticket prices going up, but not for season ticket holders. What a novel idea, doing something but rewarding season ticket holders.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....42/1328/sports

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Jacketime

OK this is a little off topic but I just had a fellow come to my door selling some kind of Blue Jacket tickets coupons. Are the CBJ really sending people door to door selling tickets?

Jacketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Old
09-12-2007, 07:44 PM
stingershive

still no tickets or tracking & I have 2 more days till the weekend (when fedex doesn't deliver) before sundays game I paid for. for the life of me I can't understand how this can happen every year. I bet they pull the "you can pick them up at will call & both you & your wife will need to be present". what the @@=()"&, I am bringing a co-worker who isn't my wife ( she is working). oh the aggravation & it happens every year.
sigh

stingershive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Byrral

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingershive View Post
still no tickets or tracking & I have 2 more days till the weekend (when fedex doesn't deliver) before sundays game I paid for. for the life of me I can't understand how this can happen every year. I bet they pull the "you can pick them up at will call & both you & your wife will need to be present". what the @@=()"&, I am bringing a co-worker who isn't my wife ( she is working). oh the aggravation & it happens every year.
sigh
I have been a season ticket holder since day one, have never had any problems and know many other ticket holders who have never had problems. I'm not saying you aren't experiencing issues but have you contacted your rep at CBJ administration. They have been completely supportive in anything I have ever asked them. I doubt they would want to have an angry season ticket holder on their hands. If this has happened to you on multiple occassions ("every year") I think they would bend over backwards to help you in any way they can. Log into your CBJ account online, your rep name and number will be listed. Give them a call.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 09:12 PM
GOCBJ61

In all of my years as a season ticket holder, no problem with ticket delivery. I am in the Center Ice Lounge and I also get a buffet voucher and 2 drink coupons for each game. They were not delivered with the tickets. I got a call today from my ticket rep. and they will be waiting for me in the Lounge Sunday! No complaints about this facet of the organization.

GOCBJ61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 11:44 PM
CBJForward

This is my first year getting the 2 for 20 season tickets. Does anyone know if we should be getting these delivered at the same time. Also, does anyone know if we get any preseason games with that. I am not sure and mine haven't been delivered yet. Thanks for any info.

CBJForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 07:15 AM
213 Sentinel

No pre-season games for 2-20 packages (which is a benefit to a half package, IMHO). They will be put in the mail in the next 10 - 14 days.

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 06:32 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

OK, thought I would put this here since this thread is about season tickets.

From the local fish wrap this morning:

Quote:
The Blue Jackets had an 85 percent renewal rate for season tickets this summer, president Mike Priest said.

"We made up another 5 percent of that with new season ticket sales." Priest said. "So we should be right about 90 percent of the season ticket-holders we had a year ago."

Priest said the Blue Jackets have about 10,500 season ticket-holders, including luxury suites, in Nationwide Arena.

"That's about middle of the pack in the league," he said.

The NHL, which draws most of its revenue from ticket sales, stays in constant contact with all 30 clubs.

"They're pretty happy where we're at," Priest said. "Their point is that we haven't yet been able to use the most effective marketing tool of all, and that's winning."
Now at first, I was a bit dissapointed with this figure, but after pondering on it for a bit, I actually felt pretty good about it. If you remember for us to secure a franchise we had to buy 14,000 season tickets. Well that means we have dropped roughly 3,500 season tickets.

Considering the product that we have been given on the ice, I would say that losing ONLY 3,500 shows how great a hockey city/state we are. With only a few exceptions, things would have, and have been, worse in many other NHL cities. The other possitive is the continued fantastic corporate support that the Jackets get.

I also know quite a few people who have dropped their PSL's. All, but a few of them still go to games, they just don't do it by purchasing season tickets. Most have also said that if the Jackets get to the point where they are a tough ticket to buy, they will probably re-up for PSL's.

When the Jacket's start consistantly winning, and the band wagon fans jump back on, things will be crazy around here. Wait and see.

Old
09-16-2007, 08:28 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Now at first, I was a bit dissapointed with this figure, but after pondering on it for a bit, I actually felt pretty good about it. If you remember for us to secure a franchise we had to buy 14,000 season tickets. Well that means we have dropped roughly 3,500 season tickets.

Considering the product that we have been given on the ice, I would say that losing ONLY 3,500 shows how great a hockey city/state we are. With only a few exceptions, things would have, and have been, worse in many other NHL cities. The other possitive is the continued fantastic corporate support that the Jackets get.

I also know quite a few people who have dropped their PSL's. All, but a few of them still go to games, they just don't do it by purchasing season tickets. Most have also said that if the Jackets get to the point where they are a tough ticket to buy, they will probably re-up for PSL's.

When the Jacket's start consistantly winning, and the band wagon fans jump back on, things will be crazy around here. Wait and see.
Yeah... that number is dissapointing but you summed up my feelings nicely. Bottom line is that this team has to start winning to get their numbers back up. Honeymoon over. No exceptions.

The good news is that I think everyone within the organization is fully aware of this.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 09:39 AM
hashmarks

I think it is rather impressive, actually, how many fans have stuck with the team through all those years of sucking. I don't think it is going to take much winning to get the city quite excited about the jackets again.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 05:29 PM
osucbj03

Send a message via AIM to osucbj03
2008-09

Any predictions for what the price increase will be for season tickets? Renewal rate go up from last year (85%)? New season ticket orders? Too soon to tell?

Any additional benefits you've thought of that would be nice for season ticket holders?

Per a discussion on the main boards, Colorado season tickets went up across the board and the Pens went up about 10%.

osucbj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 05:39 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuuuuvie View Post
Any predictions for what the price increase will be for season tickets? Renewal rate go up from last year (85%)? New season ticket orders? Too soon to tell?

Any additional benefits you've thought of that would be nice for season ticket holders?

Per a discussion on the main boards, Colorado season tickets went up across the board and the Pens went up about 10%.
I would hope they stay the same or go down. I do not see how they could increase them.

02-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

They went up last year, so I would hope that they hold the line this year.

Old
02-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Byrral

Increase the payroll budget, sign some free agents and improve the team. Ice a playoff team and fans will come, make the playoffs and you add a revenue stream. There is no possible way they can justfiy raising tickets prices again this year. They can't afford to lose more of their support base.

Last edited by Byrral: 02-09-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Typo
Old
02-09-2008, 09:14 PM
213 Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
Increase the payroll budget, sign some free agents and improve the team. Ice a playoff team and fans will come, make the playoffs and you add a revenue stream. There is no possible way they can justfiy raising tickets prices again this year. They can't afford to lose more of there support base.
Word.

I would think they'd do more for retention and new sales than anything else. Steady revenue beats most other factors when considering this type of thing, and that's what's been eroding steadily.

213 Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 01:33 PM
osucbj03

Send a message via AIM to osucbj03
Jackets management again test their fan base with increasing prices for PSL holders next year.

No real benefits added this year that I can tell. Still receive normal discounts for additional tickets purchased, still 10% off food/beverage. Still 15% off at Blue Line and of course the opportunity to purchase playoff games at Nationwide.

It does say season parking discounts. I don't buy the parking passes but I don't remember any deals in years past.

Nash, Russell, LeClaire, Norrena, Boll are the prominent pictures of players on all of the forms fwiw although there is a packet of pictures.

Also- playoff ticket pricing:

Non/PSL PSL
200 D $45 $40
200 E $45 $40
200 F $45 $30
200 G $45 $30

They go up each round until the finals which are $70/70/60/60 for the respective sections.

My packet didn't list pricing in the lower bowl since my seasts are upstairs. I'm curious what those went to as the website isn't updated yet.

osucbj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Byrral

I am just now reading my renewal package. I can tell I'm not going to be happy already. The first thing I read is "Your 2008-09 Season Tickets must be renewed to reserve your Playoff Tickets."

Huh? I thought that's what I bought my PSL for in the first place.

Also, my playoff tickets for area B lower bowl, section 109:

Round 1 - $70
Round 2 - $75
Round 3 - $100
Round 4 - $150

More to follow.

Last edited by Byrral: 02-16-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Incorrect Area
Old
02-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Byrral

My tickets went up $2 per seat per game. It's going to be an interesting decision for me to make. Ironic how my renewal package has pictures of Foote and Hainsey. Is that telling us something

Old
02-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Quote:
Is that telling us something
Defense wins championships?

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 02:19 PM
QTMcWhiskers
Playoff Avatar Stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuuuuvie View Post
Jackets management again test their fan base with increasing prices for PSL holders next year.

No real benefits added this year that I can tell. Still receive normal discounts for additional tickets purchased, still 10% off food/beverage. Still 15% off at Blue Line and of course the opportunity to purchase playoff games at Nationwide.

It does say season parking discounts. I don't buy the parking passes but I don't remember any deals in years past.

Nash, Russell, LeClaire, Norrena, Boll are the prominent pictures of players on all of the forms fwiw although there is a packet of pictures.

Also- playoff ticket pricing:

Non/PSL PSL
200 D $45 $40
200 E $45 $40
200 F $45 $30
200 G $45 $30

They go up each round until the finals which are $70/70/60/60 for the respective sections.

My packet didn't list pricing in the lower bowl since my seasts are upstairs. I'm curious what those went to as the website isn't updated yet.
Quote:
I am just now reading my renewal package. I can tell I'm not going to be happy already. The first thing I read is "Your 2008-09 Season Tickets must be renewed to reserve your Playoff Tickets."

Huh? I thought that's what I bought my PSL for in the first place.

Also, my playoff tickets for area B lower bowl, section 109:

Round 1 - $70
Round 2 - $75
Round 3 - $100
Round 4 - $150

More to follow.
Quote:
My tickets went up $2 per seat per game. It's going to be an interesting decision for me to make. Ironic how my renewal package has pictures of Foote and Hainsey. Is that telling us something
And you guys are finding this information out how??? Looked everywhere on the CBJ site and my CBJ account.

QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 02:24 PM
cbjpointman
It begins here

QT,

Season Ticket renewal package arrived today, disguised as Playoff Ticket information. Must renew season tix for 08-09 by March 7, to be eligible for playoff tickets.

cbjpointman is offline   Reply With Quote