HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season Tickets

Old
02-16-2008, 01:40 PM
QTMcWhiskers
Playoff Avatar Stays

vCash: 500
Great. There's nothing better than financial decisions for a broke ass college student.

QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Duuuuuuuuuuvie

Send a message via AIM to Duuuuuuuuuuvie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjpointman View Post
QT,

Season Ticket renewal package arrived today, disguised as Playoff Ticket information. Must renew season tix for 08-09 by March 7, to be eligible for playoff tickets.

I don't see anywhere in my paperwork that says that you must renew to be eligible for playoff tickets, can you help me out?

Just that full season PSL can buy to all games, 10-4-1 to one home game in each series and 20-2-1 can buy every other game.

"Please select one of the options below and return with your 2008-09 season ticket renewal"

"Response requested by Friday, March 7, 2008"

Duuuuuuuuuuvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
I thought by purchasing 07/08 season tickets you were guaranteed first chance at 07/08 playoff tickets?

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 01:51 PM
CBJ

It's at the very top of the little card thingy... "Your 2008-2009 Season Tickets must be renewed to reserve your playoff tickets."

Underneath... "If you have questions regarding your obligation to purchase playoff tickets, please call your Service Representative."

Touch shady, I say. But... good thing the package game today and not Thursday!

CBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Byrral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuuuuvie View Post
I don't see anywhere in my paperwork that says that you must renew to be eligible for playoff tickets, can you help me out?
Open your Playoff Information Guide, the one with your playoff ticket prices. Look at the top and you will find your answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post
I thought by purchasing 07/08 season tickets you were guaranteed first chance at 07/08 playoff tickets?
That's what I thought as well. I have already contacted my rep to discuss this whole thing. Will be an interesting conversation.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Duuuuuuuuuuvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ View Post
It's at the very top of the little card thingy... "Your 2008-2009 Season Tickets must be renewed to reserve your playoff tickets."

Underneath... "If you have questions regarding your obligation to purchase playoff tickets, please call your Service Representative."

Touch shady, I say. But... good thing the package game today and not Thursday!

You mean the Bold, capitalized 18 point font at the very top? Wow, how did I miss that?

I actually have a real problem with this. Next years tickets should have no barring on this years playoffs.

What it should say is "Your 2008-09 Season Tickets must be renewed to reserve your playoff tickets for 2008-09."

Old
02-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Ok calm down It could be a misprint .. Wait to rip into someone till you talk to your rep.. atleast thats what I would do .. Yall can freak out if you wanna

Old
02-16-2008, 02:06 PM
blahblah

lol, yeah I noticed that. Doesn't bother me, but I see how it would annoy everyone else. This is the type of stuff I'm pretty much used to. I am sure, if you pushed the issue, they would cave. It's probably geared around actually forcing you to talk with them if you don't intend to renew.

Good way to handle it? No, but that's things are done now.

This is probably fairly common practice.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 02:06 PM
CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuuuuvie View Post
I actually have a real problem with this. Next years tickets should have no barring on this years playoffs.What it should say is "Your 2008-09 Season Tickets must be renewed to reserve your playoff tickets for 2008-09."
I'm guessing the vast majority are going to have a very real problem with this and I see a serious backlash about to happen... my guess is that since they didn't specify a year, they will wait to see what the backlash is and re-assess... if they are going to get killed in sales than they will say it's a typo and the year is missing. If not... charge, charge away!

CBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Tudball

Just got my playoff/season renewal packet and wasn't too happy about seeing this either then realized it didn't say this years playoffs. Nice little stunt by marketing to make it seem like you would have to renew in order to get this years playoff tickets. I'm sure they willl be getting a lot of phone call over this one ! ! !

Tudball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 02:11 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

I am not happy that 20-2-1 people can only get playoff tickets for every other game. This is not what I was told when I got my PSL.

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 02-16-2008 at 02:19 PM.
1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 02:15 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
I am not happy that 20-2-1 people can only get playoff tickets for every other game. This is not what I was told when I get my PSL.
The 2 years I had 20-2-1's, that's exactly what I was told. The object was to split your seats with someone else to save money and only pay for 1 PSL. So I guess you could try and ask them for one ticket to all the games I suppose.

It's only fair to the full-season PSL holders, to be honest.

If you ask, you might get access to the rest of the seats before the general public though.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Here is how the whole playoff ticket situation should work.....

If you have 07/08 Season tix....then you should have 1st dibs.

For non-season ticket holders, if you make a deposit for 08/09 season tix...then you should be guarenteed 07/08 playoff tickets.

Then you sell whatever is left over....

Old
02-16-2008, 02:21 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
The 2 years I had 20-2-1's, that's exactly what I was told. The object was to split your seats with someone else to save money and only pay for 1 PSL. So I guess you could try and ask them for one ticket to all the games I suppose.

It's only fair to the full-season PSL holders, to be honest.

If you ask, you might get access to the rest of the seats before the general public though.
I would hope that all PSL holders would get the access to buy addition tickets before the general public.

Old
02-16-2008, 02:27 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

The paymet in full gift sounds nice for this year.

Old
02-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Quote:
What is it?

Old
02-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Duuuuuuuuuuvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudball View Post
Just got my playoff/season renewal packet and wasn't too happy about seeing this either then realized it didn't say this years playoffs. Nice little stunt by marketing to make it seem like you would have to renew in order to get this years playoff tickets. I'm sure they willl be getting a lot of phone call over this one ! ! !

The number one sales tactic is to create fear to create a sense of urgency. I can see either way (having to renew vs not having to) with this club.

Old
02-16-2008, 02:30 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
What is it?
Framed piece of game used glass and game used net. With all of the players autos etched on it some where.

Old
02-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Duuuuuuuuuuvie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post
What is it?
"Exclusive framed collectible featuring a piece of authentic game used glass and goal netting from Blue Jackets games at Nationwide Arena, etched with the autographs of the 2007-08 Blue Jackets."

Old
02-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Byrral

To me, the discount entitlement should be for as many season tickets as you own. If you are a partial, you get that many discounted. After the discounts are determined all PSL holders can purchase as many additional tickets as they want at normal prices before they go on sale to the general public. So if a half season ticket holder wants to go to all the games, they get half discounted and half at full value.

We have to realize that season ticket holders are lucky to be receiving a good price and any discount at all on playoff tickets plus a favorable payment plan (nothing up front or apllied against next seasons tickets). Compare the prices and plans to other teams and you will see.

I want to renew next year but I want to renew on similar terms to last year. Wonder if they are going to be receptive.

Old
02-16-2008, 03:00 PM
pipe dreams

I have not seen the package but I will say this is total crap. very upsetting and I will be on a rampage Monday morning after spending $ 48 k in seven years and not seeing much from ownership or management My intentions are to not spend a dime until I see what they do in the off season. I am sad to say that I am a sucker and I wish and hope I have the courage to tell them I'm done and walk away from this circus. who do they think they are? what a slap in the face!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

Last edited by pipe dreams: 02-16-2008 at 03:27 PM.
pipe dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Byrral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe dreams View Post
I have not seen the package but I will say this is total crap. very upsetting and I will be on a rampage Monday morning after spending $ 40 k in seven years and not seeing much from ownership or management My intentions are to not spend a dime until I see what they do in the off season. I am sad to say that I am a sucker and I wish and hope I have the courage to tell them I'm done and walk away from this circus. who do they think they are? what a slap in the face!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
You are not alone.

Carry the "fan" flag!

Old
02-16-2008, 03:08 PM
QTMcWhiskers
Playoff Avatar Stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellington View Post
.. Yall can freak out if you wanna
Okay!

QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Bobcat110

I didn't dig out my PSL agreement, but according to my "Day One" PSL agreement, I'm positive that a current PSL holder who wants 2008 Playoff tickets could purchase them regardless if they renew 2008-9 season tickets or not. I guess this would only impact the 5% of the PSL population who are not renewing, but they would have a legitimate argument against the Blue Jackets on this policy.

Now, the CBJ may have changed the PSL agreement since "Day One" for newer PSL holders, but the "Day One" PSL holder language stated (paraphrased): "PSL holders are required to purchase all CBJ pre-season and Stanley Cup playoff tickets to maintain their PSL." In other words, if the CBJ make the playoffs and you do NOT purchase playoff tickets, then you lose your PSL for next season. It looks like the marketing team is incorrectly spinning this around the other way.

Regarding partial PSL holders, I don't understand the arguement that they should be able to buy full playoff packages. If you essentially share your seat with another partial PSL holder, you both can't occupy the same seat for every playoff game. If this is the case, then as a full season ticket holder of 2 seats, I should be able to purchase 4 Playoff tickets to every game, after all, I could argue I'm a 20-1 PSL holder for 4 seats, or is that I'm a 10-1 PSL holder of 8 seats and deserve 8 playoff tickets to every game?

If they extend the opportunity to all PSL holders the right to buy some extra playoff tickets prior to the general public, that would be fair. However, that's hard to control because there's quite the e-bay market for pre-sale passwords.

I did think the pricing for the playoff tickets seemed pretty fair. I also liked that it's "pay as you go". I think other pro teams charge the entire post-season ticket cost up front and then apply unused games to your next season's bill. I think that my 2 "D" seats would run almost $1,500 if every game was played, which would cover almost 1/2 my PSL bill for 2 full season tickets next year.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2008, 04:49 PM
EpicDegree

Was reading mine today as well. About the same as everybody else, I just don't see how they can make you renew for next season to give you the playoff tickets for this year. I'm going to renew anyways, but they are basically forcing my hand. Which gets to my other gripe; why can't I pay like I did this year, with a deposit up front and payments over 9 months for the rest?

I am happy that they are doing it pay as you go for playoff tickets. Compared to what I have heard some other teams do, that is a good deal for us. Now we just need to get in the playoffs for this to be a real problem.

EpicDegree is offline   Reply With Quote