HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings College Prospect Update

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2004, 02:31 PM
David A. Rainer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Kings College Prospect Update

Is up on the main page: Link

01-06-2004, 03:37 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
I can field questions or comments if anyone has any.

Old
01-06-2004, 07:55 PM
punchy1

I think its a brilliant link and service mate.

Steckle is having a solid year but I felt he did last year as well. I read he were told to go back to college and work on becoming a defencive forward by the Kings as that is where they see his fit with the club. He did exactly that proving his self to be one of the tippers in NCAA in his end and the nuet zone.

Now, this year, he has a solid campaign as a two way bloke showing he can still score but, that isn't what he is going to spend his career being the focus of. At least not the primary one. If we were to get a solid giant smart and gritty two way third/checking line player who can eat some minutes for us and be an upgrade on a player like Charty etc then he will have been a great pick the way I see it.

I think that the bloke who is going to come out of NCAA of our forwards that will become everyones favorite will be Hogeboom. He lead the NCAA in PP scoring last year (or so I read here) and is having another solid season this one. I also went to his team page and to a couple NCAA pages and allot of chatters thier say he is a tough as nails player to go against who hits hard and can score. I like him and if he is a third/second liner with solid skills then he too will be a dandy.

Our College lads look great to me. THE GIANT is having a very good first year at Boston as he is a fourth liner on what is thought by many to be the best team in NCAA this year and is still developing his game to his giant size. Next year will be a telling one for him and he looks to me like a guy who, if he learns that he is big enough to scare the blinking beans and sand out of most blokes he stands up to, he could be a realy dandy lad.

The rest look good with Tambellini having a very good tourney for a fourth liner who saw precious little time and getting some great break a ways and 5 points. He sure didn't see very much time in any of the games but when he was out there whether he were scoring or not he was making an impact.

He is leaps and bounds ahead of players like Getzlaf who are thought by many to be "better" than him in my way of seeing things.

Camms has proven he can play at this level and IF he ever gets to come up and stay and IF he ever gets more than 9 mins a game on average for a couple of months and IF he gets some solid line mates he might just be a special lad.

We are doing really well with our college kids AND our Reds. Anshankov was the best player for Russia (remember, Ovechkin were there too and many of his country men said that Sergie were better this year than Ove and that says a ton) at the WJC so many think and while we didn't see Push or Feds, both are very highly thought of (Push more than Feds and Feds is just starting to make some noise) and if you add in Frolov Anshankov Push etc I think DT has done a great job (and crew). I know these lot aren't College blokes but I were on a roll.

Cheers for the update mate.

Old
01-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Great read and work on the article.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:17 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

hey punchy, just making sure, but u do know that Anshankov is no longer ours right? we traded him with straka. i'm pretty sure u know this, but u seem to always include him in our prospects when he's not really ours anymore.

Old
01-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Jebus
That boulder?

I think it's just to point out the strength of our scouting staff recently. In that sense, I'd love to see Anshankov turn out- he's in the Eastern Conference and we have enough offensive forward prospects to watch anyway.

Old
01-07-2004, 11:53 AM
punchy1

Praise Jebus. Right at it mate. He isn't ours anymore but, we scouted and selected him and I like to follow him to show how great a job we have done in that area.

The Pens wanted Push more or so they say at the Pens site and board. Imagine how much better Push must be if we let a player as good as Anshankov go in his stead. He must be straif pisser.

DFA and company know more than I ever will on our Red boys and such but, I have to think that we are sitting like an eskimo with a cuppa where the kids are concerned. I love our depth. When a kid like Camms can be sent down, it shows how great we are doing in all of our scouting. Now, if Andy can just listen to me and play our kids the way I want to see them I would be a happy fellow. Of course, we wouldn't probably be as good a team as we are but I would be happy.

Cheers.

Closed Thread