HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Neidermayer isn't starting camp

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2007, 04:48 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Neidermayer isn't starting camp

I don't know, if you ask me it seems like this guy wants to be the Roger Clemens of Hockey. Either you want to play and you work just like everyone else or you don't. I don't care how talented you are, you don't deserve this kind of special treatment. Thorton, Jagr, Crosby, Ovechkin, or any other great player doesn't get to skip camp, why is it acceptable that he can?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=217708&hubname=nhl

Old
09-06-2007, 05:06 PM
TheSchwab

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
Quote:
With four Stanley Cups,
that first line explains it to me...

but in all seriousness, its the situation, of course they are gonna give him what he wants they want him back, they just won a cup, if i was GM id give him a flexible deadline but nothing concrete.

Old
09-06-2007, 05:10 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwab View Post
that first line explains it to me...

but in all seriousness, its the situation, of course they are gonna give him what he wants they want him back, they just won a cup, if i was GM id give him a flexible deadline but nothing concrete.

^^ exactly what he said. He just captained a cup winning team do u think they will bug him to go to camp?

Old
09-06-2007, 05:17 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

thats fine with me...
since he's not going to camp its not our fault when we wipe the floor with him cause he cant keep up with us

Old
09-06-2007, 05:29 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
thats fine with me...
since he's not going to camp its not our fault when we wipe the floor with him cause he cant keep up with us
The Rangers play Anaheim once, in February. If he decides to return, conditioning will not be a factor.

No doubt is Scott an amazing player, but I'm frankly sick of this. He's had months to determine this. It's negative to the team and damn right selfish. I might even give him a pass if it wasn't for leaving the Devils on the hook w/ indecision when he turned UFA.

He signed a contract that has 2 years remaining. He has no physical malady that stops him from completing his commitment. Management has no choice but to pay him if he wants to play. It should work both ways...contracts exist for a reason, and despite your pedigree, you should be held to all obligations you've agreed to.

Old
09-06-2007, 05:33 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
The Rangers play Anaheim once, in February. If he decides to return, conditioning will not be a factor.

No doubt is Scott an amazing player, but I'm frankly sick of this. He's had months to determine this. It's negative to the team and damn right selfish. I might even give him a pass if it wasn't for leaving the Devils on the hook w/ indecision when he turned UFA.

He signed a contract that has 2 years remaining. He has no physical malady that stops him from completing his commitment. Management has no choice but to pay him if he wants to play. It should work both ways...contracts exist for a reason, and despite your pedigree, you should be held to all obligations you've agreed to.
exactally

Old
09-06-2007, 06:00 PM
TheHotRock

you don't really know semantics, don't be so quick to call him a clemens.

there's a chance hes having personal issues, there's a chance this is all a front so that come playoff time, pronger, neids and shneids are on the same blue line.....you just dont know

Old
09-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:

I give him a pass BECAUSE he left the Devils with all of the indecision.

Old
09-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
This is way off topic, but..
They'll need him when we play em.. last time we were in town was the only time that Carlyle put Pronger & Niedermayer together, in attempt to shutdown our top line.

Old
09-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Alcoolique*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I give him a pass BECAUSE he left the Devils with all of the indecision.
Gonna love your sarcasm...

Old
09-06-2007, 06:40 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
you don't really know semantics, don't be so quick to call him a clemens.

there's a chance hes having personal issues, there's a chance this is all a front so that come playoff time, pronger, neids and shneids are on the same blue line.....you just dont know
I could understand if it were some kind of external circumstance causing him to miss camp. If it were, he could take a leave. Instead, he's choosing not to showup and is being suspended.

Old
09-06-2007, 06:42 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:

I totally agree! However, when it comes to conditioning, if this guy starts the season late and pulls a groin or hammy, it serves him right.

Old
09-06-2007, 06:46 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
This has nothing to do with the Rangers. And there are other boards where this thread could go.