HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

A special year

Old
09-06-2007, 11:47 PM
DrMailloux

vCash: 500
A special year

I feel this year is really special, ppl are fed up, ppl are really negative about the team and i know its always the case but this year its really 10 times worst and the training camp is not even started yet...

Ive heard alot of journalist and fan say its gainey's moment of truth, other like Guy Lafleur say its carbo's moment of truth and now we are starting to hear it may be the end with saku.

I don't know, but there are a few thing that are weird, first saku is no where to be found in the habs publicity, the year theo was traded, the same thing happend to him. We are also hearing all sort of trade discussion for players like marleau, hossa, elias but we all know we have nothing to even negociate to get these player... could it be because Saku is the one being shopped ? And what about gainey and carbo that litterally said that saku should shut his mouth... the same gainey that defended brisebois and the same carbo that defended kovalev ?

Second thing, its pierre boivin declaration last year, i think his declaration is somehow responsible for all this mess, he made a big deal about the UFA and getting 1-2 big stars and evrything, i dont know but i feel like he put so much pressure on gainey when he knew he couldn't deliver. Why did he do that ?

DrMailloux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2007, 11:57 PM
SpreeEndaz

3ali 3ali batala flid, haya tir ya grendizer !

Seriously, it's the same every summer since 10 years if I'm not mistaken so this is not really worth discussing.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 12:49 AM
OnePoll*

Even if our roster was looking like:

Higgins-Lecavalier-Kovalev
Ryder-Koivu-Kostitsyn
Neil-Plekanec-Latendresse
Boogaard-Lapierre-Kostopolous

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-Regehr
Streit-Ehrhoff

People would still whining, the media, the fans and the haters of the habs.

Its the same thing on every hockey forum, bad Sport show and silly journalist.

You can't predict anything before the puck is drop. You never know which player breakout and which one will slump during a year (ala Kovalev last season) or simplfy lost it.

Ask me after October 13th.... 3rd-6th-10th-13th after 4 games, I will have a good idea how our team will look and even then 4 games is a short sample of what a season is.

OnePoll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 02:14 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMailloux View Post
I feel this year is really special, ppl are fed up, ppl are really negative about the team and i know its always the case but this year its really 10 times worst and the training camp is not even started yet...

Ive heard alot of journalist and fan say its gainey's moment of truth, other like Guy Lafleur say its carbo's moment of truth and now we are starting to hear it may be the end with saku.

I don't know, but there are a few thing that are weird, first saku is no where to be found in the habs publicity, the year theo was traded, the same thing happend to him. We are also hearing all sort of trade discussion for players like marleau, hossa, elias but we all know we have nothing to even negociate to get these player... could it be because Saku is the one being shopped ? And what about gainey and carbo that litterally said that saku should shut his mouth... the same gainey that defended brisebois and the same carbo that defended kovalev ?

Second thing, its pierre boivin declaration last year, i think his declaration is somehow responsible for all this mess, he made a big deal about the UFA and getting 1-2 big stars and evrything, i dont know but i feel like he put so much pressure on gainey when he knew he couldn't deliver. Why did he do that ?
Boivin is the business man, Gainey the hockey man.. Its evident Boivin wanted Gainey to sign a star, he probably feels the pressure of winning but after all he is first and one a fan like everyone, just like Gillet is.. Gainey wanted Briere, Briere decided to sign elsewhere, so the plan fell down, thats why he signed Smolinski 1 year.. Boivin had a 5 years plan, the plan takes obviously longer than expected but we are still building a solid team with all the quality kids we drafted since 2001, we are going in the good direction, its a matter of time before our kids blossom and makes the UFA confident about coming here...

Will it be a desastrous year like most of the "experts" think or are we gonna surprise like the most optimism (me included) fans believe? Personally Im confident, I think its a good thing that Koivu expressed his real thoughts regarding the next season, we cant blame the guy, he lost his 2 best friends and we didnt sign any big names outside Hamerlik this summer.. Gainey and Carbo made things clear, the first step is to make the playoffs but once you are in playoffs, everything may happen.. Koivu basically said he didnt believe in this team cause he doesnt see any help, sorry Mr.Koivu, with all due respect, you have to remember the kids made the difference in the last stretch last season, they are the ones that make us believe to the playoffs.. So guys like Komisarek, Higgins, Plekanec, Halak can just be better and Kostitsyn is a wildcard that several "experts" forgot in their analisis, this kid could explose as soon as this year like solid top 6, possibly our better RW... Also, they probably dont have any clue who Grabovski is, a speedy and highly skilled foward stickhandling at full speed able to take the offensive zone with a good control of the puck... This kid is my second wildcard... Latendresse, my third wild card, this kid has huge potential, last year he hadnt NHL level speed so it hurt his game but this year could be another story, more he will improve his speed, more the kid will be dangerous, losing 10lbs isnt nothing so any hopes are permitted here. S.kostitsyn is my last wildcard, if ever the kid impress at camp, put impressive numbers in the AHL, he would be a guy we could rely on in case of injury or if guys like Kovalev Ryder dont do their job... Koivu has now to change his mind and start the new season with the good attitude, he has to believe in our kids and the team Gainey put on the table. Another postive is Kovalev, the guy cant be worst than last season and people will start to boo him if he doesnt show up every games, this guy has a special charactere and could react positively..

Finally Chipchura isnt an offensive talent but if ever he makes the team, you can bet this team will benefit from his natural leadership and solid 2-way game..

On D, Im convinced Hamerlik is what we need to teach our kids and make everyone improve at the blueline, the guy can hit open ice and can bring a better view of the game to the guys, you can take calculate risks at time, not always playing static and constipated.. Our D will be way more mobile without Souray and Rivet, the puck will move better.. Brisebois has always been a good puckmover but we will see how he does in other areas, I really liked his last season here so if he still can play at this level, we have a solid D core in place..

Markov Komisarek

Hamerlik Brisebois

Bouillon Dandeneault/OByrne

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 09-07-2007 at 02:35 AM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 06:58 AM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Finally Chipchura isnt an offensive talent but if ever he makes the team, you can bet this team will benefit from his natural leadership and solid 2-way game..
Good analysis but how can you have a solid 2-way game IF you don't have an offensive talent????? You need both to be a 2-way-game-type-of-player.

Stefan_Latulippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 07:13 AM
mabus

I think you're right about this season. It's either going to be spectacular, or another flop. Crunch the numbers ...

Carbonneau is either going to be the flop he was last season, or he'll learn from his mistakes and finally give us the coach most of us believe he's capable of being.

Higgins was on pace for 40+ goals last season {dare i say 50?} until he went down to injury. He never really recovered his form when he came back. If he can go on a tear and stay healthy, we may be in for a treat.

Ryder is entering his 4th season which is typically the time when young players who end up being great begin to really show it. He's led the team two seasons in a row in goals, and is the only player on the team to break 30 goals, doing it both seasons. What will he do this season?

Komisarek is becoming every offensive player's worst nightmare with his crushing bodychecks. He's another year older, a year bigger, and hopefully a year nastier.

Koivu had a carrear season last year, if Carbonneay FINALLY puts Koivu and Kovalev together on the same line, and if they both play at their potential, we could see fireworks.

Lattendresse and Lapierre and Kostitsyn will start with the club this season, a year more experianced and more developed. Plekanec will have last season's excellent performance under his belt. Chipchura will probably start with the team.

And then there's Carey Price.

Anyone old enough will remember a young 19 year old Patrick Roy in 1986. If Price is what all the scouts tell us he is {and what he APPEARS to be from watching him on television}, and IF Carbonneau and Gainey give the kid the ice time, we may be in for a serious treat.

Lot's of if's, but also lots of reasons to get excited.

mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 07:34 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I've had it wiht these mother****ing snakes on this mother****ing plane

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 10:42 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Seriously, it's the same every summer since 10 years if I'm not mistaken so this is not really worth discussing.
That's the point.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Benzaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
3ali 3ali batala flid, haya tir ya grendizer !

grendizer in arabic.............aaaaaaaaaah memories lol

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 01:05 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
Good analysis but how can you have a solid 2-way game IF you don't have an offensive talent????? You need both to be a 2-way-game-type-of-player.
Chipchura has some nice skills, he is very strong along the board, protects the puck extremmely well, he is a nice playmaker too.. What I meant is that Chipchura is a solid all around player, he is effective in the 3 zones, he does all the little things well, he is that kind of guy you send in the important moments.. Even if you have limited offensive skills, you can be effective in the offensive zone, just by keeping the puck there, working hard along the board and spending precious time there.. When your third or your 4th line play against the other team best line, its always a bonus not only to shut the line down but make them spend alot of energy in their own zone, Chipchu is really smart, he is without any doubt a natural center who read the play so well, he can score important goals too..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2007, 08:56 PM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaza View Post
grendizer in arabic.............aaaaaaaaaah memories lol
I didn't watch those but my cousin did and this intro song is really awesome, I just had to post it somewhere ! Oh and that triangle joke on Facebook was really funny; maths jokes are the best.

Last edited by SpreeEndaz: 09-08-2007 at 09:02 PM.
SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote