HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Emery with road rage!

Old
09-07-2007, 04:11 PM
AH

vCash: 500
Emery likes to powder his nose.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Karl Eriksson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yup, three games for trying to decapitate someone.. Real stiff punishment by the NHL. Of course, if I do the same thing to someone on the side of the street.. we'll see how big of punishment I recieve.

I personally think he's a joke and loved every minute of Anaheim exposing him to be the crappy goaltender he is.
Yeah that's what Ray tried to do...decapitate him....

I personally loved every minute we played in the SCF, even in a losing effort. It made for a pretty short off-season.

Karl Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 04:13 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Golden Pheasant View Post
Yeah that's what Ray tried to do...decapitate him....

I personally loved every minute we played in the SCF, even in a losing effort. It made for a pretty short off-season.
Go hit someone in the temple with a goalie stick. I'd suggest an ambulance on hand.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Karl Eriksson

Quote:
Go hit someone in the temple with a goalie stick. I'd suggest an ambulance on hand.
If that someone is wearing a helmet and visor....i think he'd be just fine. Try again.

Karl Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 04:17 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Golden Pheasant View Post
If that someone is wearing a helmet and visor....i think he'd be just fine. Try again.
Of course. You're one of those morons that believe to punish results instead of intent. I suppose if someone makes a conspiracy to kill you, you wouldn't be upset at all.. just as long as you don't get killed.

So -thats- why they don't punish people for conspiracy to committ murder. That's not a criminal offence, is it?

Old
09-07-2007, 04:18 PM
DaveMatthew

Quote:
Yup, three games for trying to decapitate someone.. Real stiff punishment by the NHL. Of course, if I do the same thing to someone on the side of the street.. we'll see how big of punishment I recieve.

I personally think he's a joke and loved every minute of Anaheim exposing him to be the crappy goaltender he is.
Go try and throw a legal bodycheck on somebody with their head down in the street. I wonder if you'd get cheered or if you'd be arrested?

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 04:22 PM
DaveMatthew

I think its pretty obvious that this old guy is the one at fault in this situation.

Why? Emery was involved in another traffic incident during the playoffs where he cut a lady off and inflicted minor damage on her vehicle. What did he do? Get out of the car, wait for police, sign autographs for everyone and then lend the lady his Hummer while her car was being repaired so that she didn't have to rent.

The guy is not some loose cannon. This is just a case with an old uptight retired former government worker trying to get a payday...

Old
09-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
I think its pretty obvious that this old guy is the one at fault in this situation.

Why? Emery was involved in another traffic incident during the playoffs where he cut a lady off and inflicted minor damage on her vehicle. What did he do? Get out of the car, wait for police, sign autographs for everyone and then lend the lady his Hummer while her car was being repaired so that she didn't have to rent.

The guy is not some loose cannon. This is just a case with an old uptight retired former government worker trying to get a payday...
regardless Emery should have taken the hi-road and didn't... when people who look up to you are watching you should take the hi-road... really you should take the hi-road anyway... but that's hard when you're being antagonized like Emery was in this case... still he's a role model and i don't want kids thinking road rage is cool behaviour... it's not. only wusses who don't know how to handle getting frustrated let their emotions get the better of them... they're both all right. what was the point

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Shabutie

Quote:

Says the guy with an Emery avatar. Two looks at the guy and you can tell there's something up with him.

That incident with the woman might just have been because he knew it would go public. So he made himself look like a nice guy.

I'm not saying this as a Ray hater either, I like the guy (just like I liked Hextall).

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 04:30 PM
DaveMatthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris La Tigre View Post
regardless Emery should have taken the hi-road and didn't... when people who look up to you are watching you should take the hi-road... really you should take the hi-road anyway... but that's hard when you're being antagonized like Emery was in this case... still he's a role model and i don't want kids thinking road rage is cool behaviour... it's not. only wusses who don't know how to handle getting frustrated let their emotions get the better of them... they're both all right. what was the point

Old
09-07-2007, 04:34 PM
DaveMatthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Says the guy with an Emery avatar. Two looks at the guy and you can tell there's something up with him.

That incident with the woman might just have been because he knew it would go public. So he made himself look like a nice guy.

I'm not saying this as a Ray hater either, I like the guy (just like I liked Hextall).
Anything that happens with a Senators player goes public, so I doubt he thought nobody would find out about this.

Hell, Christoph Schubert was involved in a fight this summer where he and a guy went through a store window. Nobody really cared.

Emery gets this much attention because the old uptight government workers that make up a lot of this city don't like the fact that he's a young african american kid who drives fast cars, wears expensive clothes and hangs out with rappers. He's a threat to their perfect suburban lifestyle.

These are the same guys who give you dirty looks when you cheer at Scotiabank place, which happens far too often.

Old
09-07-2007, 04:38 PM
RussCourtnallsGhost

Quote:
Anything that happens with a Senators player goes public, so I doubt he thought nobody would find out about this.

Hell, Christoph Schubert was involved in a fight this summer where he and a guy went through a store window. Nobody really cared.

Emery gets this much attention because the old uptight government workers that make up a lot of this city don't like the fact that he's a young african american kid who drives fast cars, wears expensive clothes and hangs out with rappers. He's a threat to their perfect suburban lifestyle.

These are the same guys who give you dirty looks when you cheer at Scotiabank place, which happens far too often.
NICE, you pulled the race card, let`s see how this plays out, should be fun!

RussCourtnallsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Shabutie

Quote:

Hah, weird that I didn't hear about this. I guess I should watch CTV/A-Channel more often.

Old
09-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:

Emery gets this much attention because the old uptight government workers that make up a lot of this city don't like the fact that [B]he's a young african american kid who drives fast cars, wears expensive clothes and hangs out with rappers. He's a threat to their perfect suburban lifestyle[B].

this reeks of copping-out... it'd be naive of me not to recognize a tiny grain of truth in what you say there... but facts are facts and none of those things prohibits you from being a decent person... intimidating old people and allowing your emotions to rule you are far from decent activities... i know things get annoying and people are entitled to blowing their tops once in a while, this could be an isolated incident too... but a guy like Emery needs to be more careful because his privileged position means there will be lots of envy and lots of haters... i just think it was dumb and i don't think he needs to intimidate old people. EVER

Barkley was a bad choice... he took his share of abuse and rightly so, i'll bet Charles wouldn't go so far as to say he didn't deserve some of the negative atteniton he got...

if you're going to dish it out you've got to take it... you're an obvious Emery fan and you're in the Habs forum defending the #1 goalie of a borderline rival and expecting us to accpet your explannations of Emery's inability to rule his emotions... not likely...

Old
09-07-2007, 04:44 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryder6 View Post
NICE, you pulled the race card, let`s see how this plays out, should be fun!
I was waiting for it.

Old
09-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Go try and throw a legal bodycheck on somebody with their head down in the street. I wonder if you'd get cheered or if you'd be arrested?

My humble guess is you would be arrested, but wouldn't that be fun to try atleast once?

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 04:53 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Alright, well, if you give me the go ahead.. I'll gladly smack you in the side of the face with a goalie stick. How this can be defended is beyond me.

Old
09-07-2007, 04:55 PM
DaveMatthew

Quote:
Alright, well, if you give me the go ahead.. I'll gladly smack you in the side of the face with a goalie stick. How this can be defended is beyond me.
It can't be, and that's why Emery got suspended and served it.

Old
09-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
get over it...

Old
09-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
Here's a story for you...

A co-worker plays recreational ice hockey with a border patrol guy. Sometime before Emery was really known he came through the border. He looked suspicious when asked if he had anything to declare. He was an @ss about it so they searched his vehicle...he was even more of an @ss so they took apart his seats and other stuff. There were 4 guys there. One guy asked if they were going to put it back together. The guy is like "hell no".

A lesson from that as well...don't treat the border guys like *****...they can take things apart and they don't have to put it back together
Yeah, I'm sure in the real version of this story, Emery was the one beeing an ass...

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
It would be funny though to see everyone come out of their homes and start clapping though....

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 05:03 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
"Jean V. Therien alleges in a police report that the 24-year-old Senators goalie swore at him and called him an "old bag of bones" and an "old fool" before threatening him."

if this is true...

WOW!
Jean Therien... hmm...

Must be a Habs fan.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Jean Therien... hmm...

Must be a Habs fan.
hooray...

Gainey probably put him up to it... just like those lessons the Dad from Arrested Development would pull...

Bob probably appeared at the last second and said... and now you know why you always yield to the driver in front of you when speeding down the left lane.

Old
09-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Jean Therien... hmm...

Must be a Habs fan.
I was thinking the same thing.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2007, 05:15 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
get over it...
It pisses me off, honestly.. It does. If Lapierre wasn't wearing a visor.. it would've been a much bigger deal. The fact that people overlook things like this because someone wasn't seriously hurt is what makes this society a ****ing joke.

"I just tried to burn down this guy's house."
"Did it burn to the ground?"
"No, he came home before I could finish the job."
"Oh well, that's okay.. as long as you didn't burn it the ground."