HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2007 Training Camp thread. All training camp talk here.

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 1800
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
Some blogs from camp:

TBL.com Insider

Brad's Blog

Thanks MissK!!!! Those were really interesting...

Smaby hitting the ice was pretty funny...he went down to his knees than belly flopped down the rest of the way...Then Torts skates over and was poking him with the stick laughing ..(though the "Insider" said gave him a tap on the back)

Brad, Vinny and Marty looked really good... Janik lapped the other three skaters in his group... He looked like he really wants that number 6 d-men job... Ramo was again the slowest of the goalies.... The "Insider" said Denis looked the best, but I thought Homer did..

Last edited by Kristia: 09-14-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old
09-14-2007, 06:32 PM
gobolt7

vCash: 500
Who is going on Saturday?

Old
09-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Who is going on Saturday?

I might be going... don't know yet...as I don't really like going on the weekend when it's standing room only..

Old
09-14-2007, 07:38 PM
GWF82

Send a message via AIM to GWF82
Denis cheated on his last go...only went 13 laps because he was so far behind the skaters

Old
09-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWF82 View Post
Denis cheated on his last go...only went 13 laps because he was so far behind the skaters

hmmmmm I thought the goalies only had to do 12 laps..

I don't know why they didn't just have the goalies all skate in a group... Seemed to me all they did was get in the way of the other skaters...

Last edited by Kristia: 09-14-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old
09-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
Camp was packed with fans as always on the weekend.. Nothing really stands out from today.. O'Brien and Leach got in a little pushing match that was really about it... The scrimmage game ended in a tie 1-1... I thought Holmer looked the best of the three goalies....

Quote:
Jay Leach tried to scrap with Shane O’Brien. Leach drove O’Brien into the end boards and O’Brien retaliated with a quick stick jab. Leach apparently didn’ t like that and tried to entice O’Brien into a fight. O’Brien didn’t want anything to do with it, which apparently drew some praise from Coach John Tortorella who a bit later said something to O’Brien from the top perch in the far corner of the rink.
http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C189/

Old
09-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
I don't remember a TC game ever being that physical which was a nice change. Richard's line looked great and I don't remember Gratton being as fast as he was out there today.

There is nothing like watching Marty, Vinny and Prospal almost lap Boyle during skating drills.

Old
09-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
Vinny, Marty and Prospal have looked sharp the past three days... Brad has looked good as well...

Old
09-15-2007, 02:46 PM
GWF82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristia28 View Post
hmmmmm I thought the goalies only had to do 12 laps..

I don't know why they didn't just have the goalies all skate in a group... Seemed to me all they did was get in the way of the other skaters...
Hmm the 12 could be but Ramo did 15 (though they did tell him to stop lol) the first time and 14 the second...dont ask why I was counting...it was funny watching him look over his shoulder over and over as guys passed him

As for today, I thought Ramo and Holmer looked good in the game, Ramo seems to follow the puck in traffic better than the other two. I tend to watch the goalies more than anyone as I played for years. It also still looks like Denis has trouble moving side-to-side and they were working with him a bit on it during the second half of practice.

I only paid attention to Brad's line a bit but didnt see much chemistry just yet (curious as to what others did see, Ouellet got knocked off the puck more than once) though there was plenty on the MVP line (especially if Lampman could shoot haha)

And I still hate Gratton, dude was dirty as usual and I cant wait until his costs us once each game with a stupid penalty because he has a temper problem

Old
09-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

I didn't see Gratton do anything cheap, just not afraid to throw a hit which will be a nice change from our bottom lines of early last year.

Old
09-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
Quote:
Though the crowd went away happy Saturday, not everyone was pleased with what they saw. Head coach John Tortorella was direct with the media, making it clear that its time for the players to get in the regular season frame of mind.

I saw nothing good, was his blunt assessment of the scrimmage. I didnt like anything about it.
http://lightning.nhl.com/team/app/?s...LPage&id=18058

Old
09-15-2007, 06:55 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Wow, I dont know if I really agree with that assessment. (Not that my opinion matters much.) Yes, it was a little bit sloppy, but it was also the first scrimmage. I thought the Vinny line and the Richards line both looked solid, and the bottom two lines both brought alot of energy.

I would have thought that Torts would have been at least happy with the way all 3 goalies performed. Guess not.

Old
09-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Maria

It's good that the mvp line looks solid, and Brad looking strong, hopefully he develops chemistry with his linemates.

Old
09-15-2007, 07:40 PM
GWF82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I didn't see Gratton do anything cheap, just not afraid to throw a hit which will be a nice change from our bottom lines of early last year.
After the check in the corner (very close to being boarding, defenseman was in a pretty helpless position right in front of me pretty much) in the second half of the scrimmage he came up high with his stick to the back of the defenseman's head after the defenseman nudged him because of the hit

The hitting is fine, the coming up with the stick is typical Gratton stupid stuff thats never impressed me

I am a bit suprised he didnt like the play of the goalies as well, though who knows what Torts is looking for at the moment that fans arent I guess

Old
09-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
Quote:
Andreas Karlsson was a beast. Okay, a slight exaggeration. But the left wing, trying to win a third-line spot, blocked at least two shots and checked Nick Tarnasky to the ice. Coach John Tortorella, who was grumpy after the scrimmage because he said he didn't like anything, praised Karlsson. "One of the few guys who were blocking shots. One of the few guys with some sort of physicality to himself within the scrimmage, and he will get rewarded for that.'' ...
http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/...hines-dur.html

Old
09-15-2007, 07:53 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Quote:
Coach John Tortorella, who was grumpy after the scrimmage because he said he didn't like anything, praised Karlsson. "One of the few guys who were blocking shots. One of the few guys with some sort of physicality to himself within the scrimmage, and he will get rewarded for that.'' ...
Ok, what game was he watching this morning? Did he fall asleep or something?

Old
09-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Dangerfield

During the 5 on 5 drills with the second group, Torts brought everyone in and got into them about blocking shots and getting their bodies in front, not just their sticks. Karlsson went out right after that and blocked two from the point, earning praise from Torts, who was otherwise letting a few F-bombs fly during the session.

Overall the guys looked pretty good. The one thing that impressed me most from the day was that Ryan Craig appeared to be in better shape, quicker and lighter on his skates than previously. This is good to see, as it would be nice to have him centering a fourth line that gets a good number of minutes through the season. The goalies all looked good as noted.

Old
09-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Ok, what game was he watching this morning? Did he fall asleep or something?

I have no idea..... I didn't think they looked that bad.... I guess he's looking for different things than the fans are or maybe the fans are just so happy to see the guys back on the ice that we don't see the "bad" in it...

* GB ... Your avatar

Last edited by Kristia: 09-15-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old
09-15-2007, 11:12 PM
GWF82

Karlsson looked good in Camp last year as well and then decided to disappear altogether so his play thus far is something I dont want to get too excited about...was nice to see the blocked shots, hafta wonder if there will be more of it tomorrow

Old
09-16-2007, 06:41 AM
missK

I think Torts wants more quality scoring chances and obviously more shot blocking by his comments.

Old
09-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

Awards:
Quote:
* Dan Boyle laid out Ouellet in the crease during a scramble
I missed this.. Didn't make it to camp today...let my sister talk me into going to see Dragon Wars... Anyone else thinking of seeing it don't waste your money.....

Sounds like I didn't miss much with a 1-1 tie again...
http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C189/

Old
09-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

Very nice to see the goalies continue to impress.

Dragon Wars

Old
09-16-2007, 01:02 PM
fcpremix88

I went today.

I thought Denis was the best of the three and Holmqvist looked shaky.

Also, expect another rant from Tortorella. His head was shaking a LOT during the game.

MVP line was impressive and Brad Richards looked really good.

Best part of today= Kuba and Stewart shoving eachother then Kuba throwing Stewart to the ground. Stewart then proceeded to hold onto Kuba's stick until it broke in half. As Stewart skated away, Kuba threw the rest of the broken stick at Stewart. I was standing right there and it was amazing to see Stewart slap Kuba in the face.

Old
09-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos View Post
I went today.

I thought Denis was the best of the three and Holmqvist looked shaky.

Also, expect another rant from Tortorella. His head was shaking a LOT during the game.

MVP line was impressive and Brad Richards looked really good.

Best part of today= Kuba and Stewart shoving eachother then Kuba throwing Stewart to the ground. Stewart then proceeded to hold onto Kuba's stick until it broke in half. As Stewart skated away, Kuba threw the rest of the broken stick at Stewart. I was standing right there and it was amazing to see Stewart slap Kuba in the face.

so much violence

Old
09-16-2007, 03:08 PM
fcpremix88

I didn't see Oullet at all... what # was he?

Closed Thread