HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers report on HTR

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2004, 07:28 AM
Obsessed

vCash: 500
Oilers report on HTR

http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article4024.html

I laughed at the suggestions to improve our team. How do these guys actually get to write on this site?

Old
01-07-2004, 07:38 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed

I laughed at the suggestions to improve our team. How do these guys actually get to write on this site?
I stopped when he listed Chimera as a centre, and Oates not performing well in the face-off circle.

Old
01-07-2004, 07:40 AM
Slats432

You should be slapped for even going to HTR.

Any site that has the Oilers Mid Term written by a guy named Leaf Expert should be drawn and quartered.

Old
01-07-2004, 07:46 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
You should be slapped for even going to HTR.

Any site that has the Oilers Mid Term written by a guy named Leaf Expert should be drawn and quartered.
LMAO.

I have been humbled.

Old
01-07-2004, 07:49 AM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed

Wow. When did complete sentences go out of style? That's bad. And an F for Brewer? Come on.

Old
01-07-2004, 07:56 AM
Vomiting Kermit*

Oh. My. God.

Old
01-07-2004, 07:57 AM
Slats432

Spectors and Sportsnet are the only two rumour sites I go to. I read CBS Sportsline once in a while, because of the American tidbits that get around....

I know Dave at thefourthperiod.com so I pop by for a look see there once in a while. They still need to do a few things to become a high level site.

Old
01-07-2004, 07:58 AM
Mr Sakich

i am surprised that he didn't recomend a tucker for brewer trade or a smith for berg deal as the solution for the oiler woes.

Old
01-07-2004, 08:17 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Man oh man... I remember back a few years ago when HTR had a guy nicknamed Puckboy giving all the Oiler updates. What a maroon!

Oh wait... that was me!

HTR was how I got my feet wet, so I'm not going to criticize too much. It would be nice though if they wouldn't let just anybody do their writing though... that's why I left and went on to thefourthperiod.com

I didn't know that you know Dave slats!

Old
01-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF

I didn't know that you know Dave slats!
I am in an FHL with him. We talk often.

Old
01-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Obsessed

I guess we are just spoiled to have such great writers at HF. After reading Guy's articles and most of the posters here its a shock reading the other drivel on the net.

Not that I could do much better but come on buddy!!! Why so hard on Ty Conklin? He's the reason we stayed competitive up till now.

Old
01-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Oylerz

[QUOTE=GuyF]Man oh man... I remember back a few years ago when HTR had a guy nicknamed Puckboy giving all the Oiler updates. What a maroon!

Oh wait... that was me!
[QUOTE]

Holy Cow, That was you? Wow.
HTR was my first exposure to the whole "Hockey Rumour" scene since then I have become a loyal HF User. I have found HF to be full of much more knowledgeable people than HTR was however since HTR was my first exposure I, like GuyF, can't really say anything bad about them. Here at HF I don't usually say much due to the fact that most are much more in touch with the Oil than I. I live in London, 2hrs away from the Heart of Leaf Fandom, and consequently don't get to see the Oil much, and my lack of exposure is further compounded by my lack of $$ to pay for Centre Ice or something like that... Anyway I read nearly everything that gets posted on the Oilers board and haven't missed much since early 2002...

I should say that of all the people on HTR when I used to frequent there, I thought Puckboy was one of the ones who knew what he was talking about. Actually I remember looking forward to your updates... were they monthly or weekly? I can't remember. Anyways I always thought Puckboy was the owner or chief operator or something cause of all the writers he was definitely the best, I'm glad HF was able to 'steal' you away.

Old
01-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Tanko

Wow is the Stoll report way off or what
?????

Old
01-07-2004, 06:03 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanko
Wow is the Stoll report way off or what
?????
Ya, this is clearly a guy who hasn't watched a single game. He thinks Hemsky is a wuss? lol. I know he's not tough, no 20 year old skilled players are. But he isn't a wuss. He isn't scared to finish a check or take one to make a play. His biggest problem has been trying to do to much and be to fancy.

Old
01-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
[QUOTE=Oylerz][QUOTE=GuyF]Man oh man... I remember back a few years ago when HTR had a guy nicknamed Puckboy giving all the Oiler updates. What a maroon!

Oh wait... that was me!
Quote:

Holy Cow, That was you? Wow.

I should say that of all the people on HTR when I used to frequent there, I thought Puckboy was one of the ones who knew what he was talking about. Actually I remember looking forward to your updates... were they monthly or weekly? I can't remember. Anyways I always thought Puckboy was the owner or chief operator or something cause of all the writers he was definitely the best, I'm glad HF was able to 'steal' you away.
Hey thanks man. I was there when the owner (Micha who goes by the name "trademan") opened it up for public submissions. There was he, myself and Micki Peroni that were basically the mods... accepting or weeding out the crap submissions. I started just writing for the Oilers but expanded into the Olympics team previews (this was back in 2001). The I convinced them to create a column for me that we called "Puck Sight" because of the moniker I was using. I left because the influx of crap submissions had gotten ridiculous and the comments from the readers was like hanging out in high school. It was bad.

Micki put me on towards the fourth period because he told me they could get me a press pass (NOT true). Then TFP sold out to some company who ran it into the ground and eventually a law suit happened and the site was shut down. So I went looking and come acros HF.

... and that's how we all became the Brady Bunch!

Old
01-07-2004, 06:50 PM
GorillazXL

The report sounded alot like the one HotToddy gave a couple of days ago... I don't think the Oilers are an "A" team straight across but that was some pretty horrible and misinformed comment... Jarret Stoll a D... you gotta be kiddin me, the guy plays on the fourth line with limited ice time but manages to chip at a few points, and is defesively reliable...what more do you want from a rookie 20 year old?

GXL

Closed Thread