HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ticketmaster or box office on 9/15?

Closed Thread

Old
09-10-2007, 06:56 PM
goatt

vCash: 500
Ticketmaster or box office on 9/15?

Ok so I made the big mistake of telling friends of mine I would take them to a Ranger game this year, in addition my family of four goes to a game once a year around Christmas. So I'd really like to get two sets of four for two different games this season. Am I better off going to the box office at dawn Saturday or sitting home on my computer? Does ticketmaster sell their tickets after the box office opens?

I know I could go the stubhub route, but I'd prefer not to if I didn't have to.

Anyone else gonna be on line Saturday morning at 10am (or Friday night perhaps)? ;-)

Thanks guys! Go Rangers!!

Old
09-10-2007, 06:59 PM
stc1709*

Send a message via AIM to stc1709*
box office isnt selling tickets, you have no choice but to go thru ticketmaster

i wish you alot of luck trying to get tickets, its going to be impossible.. my best advice to you, is chekc out the individual ticket thread, theres a sticky at the top of the apge and guys are selling tickets to games from there season ticket package, you can deff get some games from them

Old
09-10-2007, 07:02 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I'm worried that Ticketmaster's site might crash @ 10 AM....

Old
09-10-2007, 07:52 PM
broadwayblue

Holy crap...I just took a look at the new pricing. They totally jacked up the prices for individual tickets. The prices listed in the page below don't even include ticketmaster surcharges...and they're already 20% higher than subscriber prices. I really suggest you pick up some tickets from season subscribers here in the thread at the top of the forum.

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/ticket...Chart_0708.asp

Old
09-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Holy crap...I just took a look at the new pricing. They totally jacked up the prices for individual tickets. The prices listed in the page below don't even include ticketmaster surcharges...and they're already 20% higher than subscriber prices. I really suggest you pick up some tickets from season subscribers here in the thread at the top of the forum.

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/ticket...Chart_0708.asp
Ugh.... Looks like I won't be getting as many games as I wanted... screw that shat. This is getting more and more bleak.

Old
09-10-2007, 08:01 PM
goatt

Quote:
Yeah it's a kick in the pants...I was just shopping around... ::sigh::

Hey if you want cheap tickets, you can be an Islander fan! $19 to see them! Wonder why..... ::laughs hysterically::

Old
09-10-2007, 08:10 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Ugh.... Looks like I won't be getting as many games as I wanted... screw that shat. This is getting more and more bleak.
No need to get upset...seriously, buy tickets from other forum members for face. I've already sold dozens of tickets for this season to members for face. There are tickets to be had. And if you can be patient, a lot of subscribers will release their premium games a few days before when things come up and they can't make it. Keep the faith...you'll get tickets. I've been doing this for 7 years now.

Old
09-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Smashley

Quote:
No need to get upset...seriously, buy tickets from other forum members for face. I've already sold dozens of tickets for this season to members for face. There are tickets to be had. And if you can be patient, a lot of subscribers will release their premium games a few days before when things come up and they can't make it. Keep the faith...you'll get tickets. I've been doing this for 7 years now.
Only thing is I'm upstate and can really only go to weekend games. And I'm not driving all the way to NYC to get hosed by someone who doesn't show up to exchange...

Old
09-10-2007, 08:33 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Only thing is I'm upstate and can really only go to weekend games. And I'm not driving all the way to NYC to get hosed by someone who doesn't show up to exchange...
Let me educate you on Rangers tickets. Season subscribers have access to Ticketfast. Through this service they can forward their tickets to anyone up to two hours before game time for no charge. They log into their account manager, select the game and tickets and enter the email address of the individual they want to forward them to. So very simply, there is no showing up to exchange or any other inconveniences to deal with. You paypal me the agreed apon sales price, I get confirmation the money is received, and I log into my account and forward you the tickets. The whole transaction takes 5 minutes. You then print out the tickets (they come as a PDF) and bring them to the Garden. The original paper tickets are immediately voided, so there is no chance of being scammed as long as the tickets are forwarded to you directly from ticketfast. That concludes Rangers tickets 101.

Old
09-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Let me educate you on Rangers tickets. Season subscribers have access to Ticketfast. Through this service they can forward their tickets to anyone up to two hours before game time for no charge. They log into their account manager, select the game and tickets and enter the email address of the individual they want to forward them to. So very simply, there is no showing up to exchange or any other inconveniences to deal with. You paypal me the agreed apon sales price, I get confirmation the money is received, and I log into my account and forward you the tickets. The whole transaction takes 5 minutes. You then print out the tickets (they come as a PDF) and bring them to the Garden. The original paper tickets are immediately voided, so there is no chance of being scammed as long as the tickets are forwarded to you directly from ticketfast. That concludes Rangers tickets 101.
But is it just the honor system for the season sub to email them to you in enough time to drive to ny? thanks for the clarification

Old
09-10-2007, 08:44 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
But is it just the honor system for the season sub to email them to you in enough time to drive to ny? thanks for the clarification
The season subscriber can email the tickets to you months in advance. The service is no longer available at 2 hours before game time. When he forwards the tickets to you they show up in your inbox almost instantaneously.

Old
09-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Smashley

Quote:
The season subscriber can email the tickets to you months in advance. The service is no longer available at 2 hours before game time. When he forwards the tickets to you they show up in your inbox almost instantaneously.
Sounds like I need to buddy up with a season subscriber....

Old
09-10-2007, 08:48 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Sounds like I need to buddy up with a season subscriber....
Well there are lots of us on this forum. Keep flashing your toes and someone will come calling.

Old
09-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Well there are lots of us on this forum. Keep flashing your toes and someone will come calling.
Hahahahaha...

Old
09-10-2007, 08:55 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
There are plenty of ticket threads. Pick one and use it.