HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brodie Dupont

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-11-2007, 05:11 PM
  #26
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
I was probably Seinfeld's .... I mean... Lidster's biggest fan then (check Seinfeld's and Lidster's pics, they look like brothers).

He was GREAT in the 1994 playoffs when he got a chance to play. I was at Game 5 in the Finals and he was the guy who tied the game 3-3 after NYR was down 0-3. We lost, but he was great.

But most of the year, he was a 7-8 dman, along with Norstrom. Karpovtsev and Wells were the last regular pairing.

Lidster was a solid player in his prime. Most years he was a 4-5 defenseman, but nothing special.

Players like Lidster are a dime a dozen. Whether or not Pasta becomes another Lidster, it won't make a difference between we can always sign or trade for a similar player without tremendous cost.

Pasta will have to score 35 points in his worst year and 45 points in his regular year in order to make a difference for this team.

Who exactly is Pasta? Sanguinetti?

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 10:58 PM
  #27
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Who exactly is Pasta? Sanguinetti?
Who else sounds like Italian food?

If Kasparaitis is a disease, then Sanguinetti is Pasta. Much easier to spell. I can never spell his last name right unless I check the spelling on some web site, which gets annoying, so I stick with Pasta.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 12:19 AM
  #28
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,246
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
I dont know if Dupont modelled himself after Andrew Ladd, but I see a lot of similarities between the two. Now, Dupont doesn't have the sheer potential of Ladd in my mind, but both wont back down from a fight, will take a hit to make a play, will throw a hit to make a play, drive hard to the net and both have underrated passing skills.

He and Montreal Canadiens prospect Ryan White had strong chemistry together last year. I'm interested to see what he can do with another centre.

__________________
Get your copy of FC's 2015 NHL Draft Guide now!
Aaron Vickers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 08:18 AM
  #29
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Who else sounds like Italian food?

If Kasparaitis is a disease, then Sanguinetti is Pasta. Much easier to spell. I can never spell his last name right unless I check the spelling on some web site, which gets annoying, so I stick with Pasta.
So can we call Betts a gambler? Staal a procrastinator? Drury the street the muffin man purportedly lives on?

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 09:15 AM
  #30
NYRJurgen88
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Wales
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
So can we call Betts a gambler? Staal a procrastinator? Drury the street the muffin man purportedly lives on?
well, fittingly perhaps, if you add an accent on the A in Jagr in German it becomes the word hunter!!!!

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 08:10 PM
  #31
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
I agree with much of what you're saying, BUT...

Our best minor pro guys are very inconsistent -- I know they're young, but many young players are rock-solid in the A. Tournaments a good prospect do not make.

Other GMs look at a guy like Pyatt and say, "good ability, smart, fast, excellent athlete. Wish we had him." Then they say, "but he's small and soft." I know those things aren't of utmost importance by new NHL standards, but as a prospect, they depreciate your value.

Ouellet was billed as a top six foward from the get-go. What's Dubinsky billed as? Some people say top six, some people say 3rd liner, some people say 2nd 3rd liner (which, IMO, are worlds apart). It's hard to compare the two, but Ouellet WAS a better prospect than Dubinsky IS. That's not to say Dubisky won't be a better player.

Sauer's stock has dropped a bit, IMO. Sanguinetti is the biggest question mark after Anisimov -- he's as fragile as they come and he'll have to live and die by his offense.
Sauer's stock has dropped? The only way that comment makes any sense is if he is traded on a major board! How has his stock dropped? Anisimov is fragile? If he is a fragile as you state, how was he able to play in those Russia/Canadian games and then as fragile as he is play in another top level tourny? Sounds a lot like assumptions on your part rather than based on any facts.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 01:06 AM
  #32
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,246
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
FYI Dupont's nickname is Moose. Can't be a bad thing in the Big Apple, eh?

Aaron Vickers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 01:18 AM
  #33
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers View Post
FYI Dupont's nickname is Moose. Can't be a bad thing in the Big Apple, eh?
Depends I guess Aaron. I know your referencing our past captain but once upon a time we drafted an Andre--Moose--Dupont who we traded and he wound up on the Flyers and haunted us for many years. As I said earlier though Brodie's package of size, skill and aggression makes of him a unique Ranger forward prospect. He is the one that best IMO brings together those 3 elements not just among prospects but even at the NHL level where we don't have a player like that. Though without a doubt in need of more development he is a player I look forward to seeing in a Ranger uniform hopefully within a couple seasons.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 04:09 AM
  #34
NYRJurgen88
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Wales
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Depends I guess Aaron. I know your referencing our past captain but once upon a time we drafted an Andre--Moose--Dupont who we traded and he wound up on the Flyers and haunted us for many years. As I said earlier though Brodie's package of size, skill and aggression makes of him a unique Ranger forward prospect. He is the one that best IMO brings together those 3 elements not just among prospects but even at the NHL level where we don't have a player like that. Though without a doubt in need of more development he is a player I look forward to seeing in a Ranger uniform hopefully within a couple seasons.
i agree. i think he can be a draft surprise. He has a package which is well rounded and has great advantages. How often do you get a skill guy with such physical presence, the right aggression AND leadership skills. He even seems to have a habit for the clutch, whenlooking and seeing his playoff history.

It all makes him such an intriguing prospect. I hope he has a great year in the A and then has a chance to compete for a decent roster spot, not just the odd minute on the 4th....

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 10:09 AM
  #35
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
i agree. i think he can be a draft surprise. He has a package which is well rounded and has great advantages. How often do you get a skill guy with such physical presence, the right aggression AND leadership skills. He even seems to have a habit for the clutch, whenlooking and seeing his playoff history.

It all makes him such an intriguing prospect. I hope he has a great year in the A and then has a chance to compete for a decent roster spot, not just the odd minute on the 4th....
I think Dupont's highest upside is an Adam Graves type of player. It's probably unreasonable at this point to expect he'll match Graves though. I think a Darren McCarty type is within reach. 15-20 goals. Good overall play in all zones. Drop the gloves now and again. He seems to me to be most likely a very good third liner if he continues to develop as he has to this point.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 10:12 AM
  #36
NYRJurgen88
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Wales
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I think Dupont's highest upside is an Adam Graves type of player. It's probably unreasonable at this point to expect he'll match Graves though. I think a Darren McCarty type is within reach. 15-20 goals. Good overall play in all zones. Drop the gloves now and again. He seems to me to be most likely a very good third liner if he continues to develop as he has to this point.
eco...

i'd be happy to settle for a good two way hockey player with aggression and one that gives us 20 goals per year. That would be a good draft result i think!!!

if he became Adam Graves II i'd be over the moon

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 12:09 PM
  #37
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
eco...

i'd be happy to settle for a good two way hockey player with aggression and one that gives us 20 goals per year. That would be a good draft result i think!!!

if he became Adam Graves II i'd be over the moon
Well Jurgen I think we'll have an NHL player here sooner or later. Just how good remains to be seen. I don't want to pick on Hugh anymore but if I were to keep one of them it would be a no brainer for me. It would be Brodie.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 12:10 PM
  #38
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
eco...

i'd be happy to settle for a good two way hockey player with aggression and one that gives us 20 goals per year. That would be a good draft result i think!!!

if he became Adam Graves II i'd be over the moon
most of us said that about garth murray. I hope Dupont has a good year in Hartford and not a Garth Murray type year. Not that Murray was bad just we overhyped him.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 01:27 PM
  #39
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
most of us said that about garth murray. I hope Dupont has a good year in Hartford and not a Garth Murray type year. Not that Murray was bad just we overhyped him.
No one made the comparisons with Murray. If by overhyped you mean being a 3rd line, McCarty type player, then sure. However, when one's ceiling is a 3rd line forward, it is rather hard to overyhype.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2007, 12:59 AM
  #40
Edge
Kris King's Ghost
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Amish Paradise
Country: United States
Posts: 13,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
most of us said that about garth murray. I hope Dupont has a good year in Hartford and not a Garth Murray type year. Not that Murray was bad just we overhyped him.
I don't know how Garth was overhyped as a potentially valuable third line player.

Now if people were projecting him as Brendan Shanahan and not McCarty that'd be a bit of overhyping.

As for Dupont, his upside is as a very nice third line player. Not sure if he'll stick as a center, I could see him moving to the wing. However he's going to take time, this a kid who is going to need about two years of AHL experience before making the jump and even then he'd likely start on the fourth line. This is a kid who even if everything falls into place is at least 4 or 5 years from resembling a finished product.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.