Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Minny Lines and a Question.

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Hockeycrazed07

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Minny Lines and a Question.

Hey all,
I was wondering what lines Lemaire is using currently the most with the Wild. Also (not to judge Lemaire's lines wrong, as he's an amazing coach), what changes (if any) would you make to the lines, if you could (and if everyone was healthy)?

Also, is there anybody with ties to Houston that could give a report on how Matt Foy is doing?

Thanks in advance!
~Crazed.

Old
01-05-2004, 06:19 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycrazed07
Hey all,
I was wondering what lines Lemaire is using currently the most with the Wild. Also (not to judge Lemaire's lines wrong, as he's an amazing coach), what changes (if any) would you make to the lines, if you could (and if everyone was healthy)?

Also, is there anybody with ties to Houston that could give a report on how Matt Foy is doing?

Thanks in advance!
~Crazed.
He's been changing them around quite a bit. Even more than last year. The most stable lately has been Brunette-Dowd-Johnson. They've been pretty decent, too. Last two games Daigle and Gaborik have been on a line together, although earlier when Lemaire tried that he joked that it was a little too scary for his taste. I like those two together, personally. If Daigle would start shooting like he was earlier in the season, they could really get something going, IMO. The rest of them seem to be shifting around quite a bit, especially since the healthy scratches are rotating pretty often. I'd guess somebody must pay more attention to the lines than I do (funny thing, I've never really paid much attention to the lines from game to game.. I think Lemaire has me trained). I'm not sure I'd make any changes, since I'm not sure any of the guys have been playing consistently enough with each other to make any lines obvious. *shrug*

I've not heard much about Foy, but I believe he's improving. Started the season with some injuries. Got a suspension just a bit ago for a fight he got into, so I think he's been fiesty.

Old
01-06-2004, 01:56 PM
strib

I watched Foy play two games over Christmas in Houston and was really impressed. Goes hard to the net, good hands, great shot and can skate like the wind. Strong acceleration on his skates. Fiesty as well. Got in a scrap and then went after the guy again after the period was over and they both got ejected and a suspension for leaving the box to partake in a fight. Good looking prospect though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
He's been changing them around quite a bit. Even more than last year. The most stable lately has been Brunette-Dowd-Johnson. They've been pretty decent, too. Last two games Daigle and Gaborik have been on a line together, although earlier when Lemaire tried that he joked that it was a little too scary for his taste. I like those two together, personally. If Daigle would start shooting like he was earlier in the season, they could really get something going, IMO. The rest of them seem to be shifting around quite a bit, especially since the healthy scratches are rotating pretty often. I'd guess somebody must pay more attention to the lines than I do (funny thing, I've never really paid much attention to the lines from game to game.. I think Lemaire has me trained). I'm not sure I'd make any changes, since I'm not sure any of the guys have been playing consistently enough with each other to make any lines obvious. *shrug*

I've not heard much about Foy, but I believe he's improving. Started the season with some injuries. Got a suspension just a bit ago for a fight he got into, so I think he's been fiesty.

Old
01-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Hockeycrazed07

Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Does anyone have an estimate as to how long it'll be before he should have a chance at the NHL, if any?

~Crazed.

Old
01-07-2004, 06:25 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycrazed07
Does anyone have an estimate as to how long it'll be before he should have a chance at the NHL, if any?

~Crazed.
I'm terrible at making guesses like this, but I think he may have an outside chance (or maybe better) next season. He did stick around fairly late in training camp. I thought he looked pretty raw, but I believe others thought he looked quite a bit better. Heck, the way this team is playing, he may have a pretty decent shot.

Closed Thread