HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

All-Time Draft #8

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2007, 08:42 AM
arrbez
bad chi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
- Tony Esposito is a serviceable goaltender, possibly the last one in this format. I think Hainsworth was the last guy left on the true "third tier", but Espo can hold a fork for you on the right team. Tiny Thompson, on the other hand, in spite of his four old-era Vezinas, has an ugly playoff record and is a headcase. Nice resume...lots of questions. Amazing that the run on goalies continues even after the ones worth taking this high are gone.
I'll take Thompson's playoff record over Esposito's any day of the week, and that's what tipped the scales for me in his favour.

Old
09-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

I've got a couple of trade proposals to consider, boys. Hopefully someone will be picking very shortly.

Old
09-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

You know what? To hell with it.

I had some offers on the go and readiness to confirm, but one of the people who's supposed to be online isn't, and the other just left out of the blue.

The Portage la Prairie Plains are proud to select a goalie who didn't win anything at all in terms of personal accolades, who lived by the credo "I don't care how many goals they score on me, as long as we score one more", who backstopped his team to 4 Cup Finals and 2 Cup wins, compiled the longest playoff win streak and longest regular season undefeated streak in NHL history, and one of the very best money goaltenders to ever play the game:

Gerry "Cheesy" Cheevers.

Old
09-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Rick Middleton

Send a message via AIM to Rick Middleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordark View Post

I had some offers on the go and readiness to confirm, but one of the people who's supposed to be online isn't, and the other just left out of the blue.

The Portage la Prairie Plains are proud to select a goalie who didn't win anything at all in terms of personal accolades, who lived by the credo "I don't care how many goals they score on me, as long as we score one more", who backstopped his team to 4 Cup Finals and 2 Cup wins, compiled the longest playoff win streak and longest regular season undefeated streak in NHL history, and one of the very best money goaltenders to ever play the game:

Gerry "Cheesy" Cheevers.

Oh, did I mention ****?

09-24-2007, 09:51 AM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordark View Post

Gerry "Cheesy" Cheevers.
Hey, come on! I only "disappeared" to sleep for 5 hours. Even if I was awake, I had less than an hour to consider that final proposal....

oh well. Wasn't my guy.

Still looking for offers to move up in this round. I'll be stepping out for two hours.

Old
09-24-2007, 09:53 AM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Middleton View Post
Oh, did I mention ****?

Little regret trading down?

Old
09-24-2007, 10:01 AM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
- I think Laperriere was excellent value where he went in the 4th. We'd have taken him at #97 if Vasiliev was gone (we were a bit worried Wisent might take him there, but he went with another hardrock Russian).
I also think Laperriere is an excellent pick at where I took him. I would of took him at #93 if it wasn't of Evil Speaker and is trade I couldn't refused. And still, I got him. I had Laperriere over Vasiliev, but I can understand how you would take Vasiliev instead. A good skater with good strenght and excellent passing skills.

BTW, gotta say that you and a couple of rookie GM's are great addition to the ATD. Great to read your reactions on the picks.

Old
09-24-2007, 10:04 AM
BM67

A new thread has been started.

Closed Thread