HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposals for Lidstrom.

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2004, 11:29 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

vCash: 500
Proposals for Lidstrom.

Not saying the wings should move him, but i want to get a feel for what he would be worth on the open market at the deadline, or hell, even now.

Keep in mind he is a UFA at seasons end.

Wings would probably be looking for a defensive prospect and/or a big center.

Just curious.

Old
01-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Joe
We'll give ya Skoula but, Detroit has to throw in Draper also. :p
Hmm, it's tough to pass up all that puck poise but...no.

Old
01-04-2004, 12:48 AM
MileHigh

There is no way Lidstrom gets traded.

- He is the best defenseman in the league and has won three straight Norris tropheys
- He is a very skilled player no doubt, but his salary is so large that no team would willingly take him on, and give up a big part of their future or a good offensive foward, which is what Detriot will want for him
- Detriot is the best team in the league adn most likely will again challenge for the Cup and you don't go trading away your best player when making a push for the Cup
and many other reasons

Old
01-04-2004, 01:23 AM
Grady41

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
Not saying the wings should move him, but i want to get a feel for what he would be worth on the open market at the deadline, or hell, even now.

Keep in mind he is a UFA at seasons end.

Wings would probably be looking for a defensive prospect and/or a big center.

Just curious.
The kings will trade you Jason Allison and Tomas Zizka. Kidding unless you'll take it.

Some Kings D prospects are
Tim Gleason, Denis Grebeshkov, Joe Rullier, Richard Seeley, Richard Petiot, Tuukka Mäntylä, Aaron Rome,

Dave Steckel, and Brian Boyle are the only Kings prospect centermen with size I can think of. Scott Barney I believe was a center but might be playing wing now.

If the wings were serious I'm sure something could be worked out with some of the names above

how big is his salary?

Old
01-04-2004, 02:48 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

As much as I think he's the clearcut best player in the entire NHL, Lidstrom would not command much in return.
  • He turns 34 in 3 months
  • He is a pending UFA
  • Contemplated to retire and go play in his native Sweden
  • He makes $10.000.000. No team is able to sign him for that amount with the potential salary cap. So he needs to take a paycut, playing for a different team, with arguably a much smaller chance at the Stanley Cup. I wouldn't be excited.
  • He's enjoying a sub-par season for his likings. Whether it's his age, his dedication (he's won it all, Norris, Cups) I don't know, but I do think it has a small effect on his value. It's something to take in mind.

I don't think he will get the Wings something attractive. He provides such a greater value then what his current marketvalue would be, an immense difference.

Old
01-04-2004, 02:51 AM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
Hmm, it's tough to pass up all that puck poise but...no.
hahaha

Old
01-04-2004, 03:44 AM
Peter Griffin

If he was traded at the deadline, he would get a similar return to what Rob Blake got methinks, probably less considering his age, salary, and the fact that this is probably his last year in the NHL. A fairly young top 6 forward or top 4 d-man(Deadmarsh), a decent veteran(A.Miller) a 1st round pick, and a decent prospect. But it's a moot point anyway, Lidstrom won't be traded.

Old
01-04-2004, 04:01 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
I'll give you Todd Bertuzzi for Niklas Lidstrom. I seriously will, but only with a clause with Vancouver receiving an additional draft pick in case Lidstrom doesn't resign.

Isn't Lidstrom buddy-buddy w/ Naslund too or something? And didn't he play with Ohlund on the same pairing during the Olympics?

Old
01-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Shoalzie

There are only 5 players I'd except in a trade for Lidstrom...Forsberg, Modano, Thornton, Pronger, or Brodeur...

(Not that I'd even want to consider moving him given his contract status. He'd go back to Europe or retire before signing with some other team.)

Old
01-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
I'll give you Todd Bertuzzi for Niklas Lidstrom. I seriously will, but only with a clause with Vancouver receiving an additional draft pick in case Lidstrom doesn't resign.

Isn't Lidstrom buddy-buddy w/ Naslund too or something? And didn't he play with Ohlund on the same pairing during the Olympics?
No way would I make that deal. There is a very good chance that this is Lidstrom's last season in the NHL. He's the best d-man in the NHL, and I would love to see him patrolling along the Canucks blueline, but I don't trade away at least 3 more seasons of Todd Bertuzzi for a half season of Nicklas Lidstrom and a draft pick. The Canucks' blueline is fairly solid as it is, adding Lidstrom while subtracting Bertuzzi is not needed.

Old
01-04-2004, 02:20 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
well the chances are he'll go back to sweden (wherever he came from, sorry ppl) to end his career in his homeland.

Old
01-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Bacchus

Eric Lindros (he is a BIG center).

Old
01-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Stephen

A second round pick and a thank you very much.

Old
01-04-2004, 11:42 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady41
The kings will trade you Jason Allison and Tomas Zizka. Kidding unless you'll take it.
Lol! Way to stand firm on that offer.

01-05-2004, 01:07 AM
leafaholix*

He'd be the kind of defenseman that would put Toronto over the top if they could acquire him without giving up much off the current roster.

But considering he's 34 and a free agent... plus he's threatened to move back home to Sweden, I wouldn't give all that much youth up to get him.

Old
01-05-2004, 01:26 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Lidstrom, Hudler, and a 3rd rounder

for

Leetch, Lindros, and Dominik Moore?

Old
01-05-2004, 01:29 AM
leafaholix*

Lindros and Leetch have no value.

Lindros is an UFA and will sign with Toronto if the Leafs show any interest... and Brian Leetch is 31943398 years old.

And Jiri Hudler is currently a better prospect then Dom Moore.

Old
01-05-2004, 03:39 AM
NJ_Devil_Boy

vCash: 560
Lou hears $10 million and hangs up the phone.

Old
01-05-2004, 04:25 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
Lindros and Leetch have no value.
... and Brian Leetch is 31943398 years old.
He's still the best blueliner on the Ranger's blueline. I'd love to have him on the Nucks.

Old
01-05-2004, 04:26 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
No way would I make that deal. There is a very good chance that this is Lidstrom's last season in the NHL. He's the best d-man in the NHL, and I would love to see him patrolling along the Canucks blueline, but I don't trade away at least 3 more seasons of Todd Bertuzzi for a half season of Nicklas Lidstrom and a draft pick. The Canucks' blueline is fairly solid as it is, adding Lidstrom while subtracting Bertuzzi is not needed.
The thing is, Lidstrom would probably stay if he got traded to Vancouver, cuz he would want to play with Naslund and Ohlund.

Btw... who would be more likely to convince Naslund to say beyond his current contract, Lidstrom or Bertuzzi?

I'd take the guy that'll keep Nazzy around. Lidstrom looks like he can play until he's 40 anyway.

Old
01-05-2004, 08:16 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
The thing is, Lidstrom would probably stay if he got traded to Vancouver, cuz he would want to play with Naslund and Ohlund.
Why, because they are all Swedish? The only time they have been teammates has been in the Olympics, and we all know what kind of chemistry those teams had.

Lidstrom, like Forsberg and Naslund, has hinted at heading back to Sweden to play for his former team. Just because he'd be around other Swedish players on the Canucks, that doesn't mean he'd want to hang around, especially considering he's already had a phenominal career and made tonnes of money.

Quote:
Btw... who would be more likely to convince Naslund to say beyond his current contract, Lidstrom or Bertuzzi?
Bertuzzi IMO. Just because Lidstrom and Naslund are Swedish, it doesn't mean they have a strong friendship. Bertuzzi and Naslund are much closer friends IMO. You can't just throw a Swedish superstar at Naslund, especially one who has hinted at retiring in the very near future, and expect him to continue playing, especially considering you want to trade one of Naslund's friends and closest teammates for this particular player. Sorry, but that is pretty silly thinking...

Quote:
I'd take the guy that'll keep Nazzy around. Lidstrom looks like he can play until he's 40 anyway.
Only problem is that Lidstrom has accomplished everything he can in the NHL, who says he'll want to stick around, and what makes you think Naslund would want to stick with the Canucks if Lidstrom was here as opposed to Bertuzzi? Do you think Naslund would want to have to carry the offensive load even more if Bertuzzi was gone? Didn't think so.

Old
01-05-2004, 08:20 AM
Coffey77

Yeah, I agree Peter Griffin. If the Swedish guy was Forsberg that would be different since they are close friends. But Lidstrom isn't as far as I know.

Not sure what Lidstrom would get in a trade. Not a crazy amount and that's not because of his talent level because he's still among the best. Since he may retire this year that adversely affects his value. Making 10 million doesn't help either but he's one of the few guys that would be worth that kind of money.
Doesn't really matter though since he will stay a Red Wing.

Old
01-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
As much as I think he's the clearcut best player in the entire NHL, Lidstrom would not command much in return.
  • He turns 34 in 3 months
  • He is a pending UFA
  • Contemplated to retire and go play in his native Sweden
  • He makes $10.000.000. No team is able to sign him for that amount with the potential salary cap. So he needs to take a paycut, playing for a different team, with arguably a much smaller chance at the Stanley Cup. I wouldn't be excited.
  • He's enjoying a sub-par season for his likings. Whether it's his age, his dedication (he's won it all, Norris, Cups) I don't know, but I do think it has a small effect on his value. It's something to take in mind.

I don't think he will get the Wings something attractive. He provides such a greater value then what his current marketvalue would be, an immense difference.

I'm a little bit more optimistic then you are about his trade vaule, but all your points make sense.

I also agree that he is probably the most skilled player in the NHL right now. I love watching him play....

01-05-2004, 08:57 AM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
Lidstrom, Hudler, and a 3rd rounder

for

Leetch, Lindros, and Dominik Moore?
sounds like a classic WFAN caller offer....then people wonder why they hate New York so much..lol

Old
01-06-2004, 08:19 AM
dats-13

Quote:

Bertuzzi for Lidstrom???

done deal...Lidstrom is more than likely gone after this year anyways

Closed Thread