HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philly PPV Jan. 10th

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2004, 12:49 PM
barto

vCash: 500
Philly PPV Jan. 10th

Dastardly of the Oilers to make this one a PPV... had they already decided that at the start of the season, or was this a late decision, knowing they could probably make a killing on it for the vengeful fans back home???

Anyone springing for the PPV on Saturday for this one to see Comrie in Flyers' silks?

Bart

Old
01-07-2004, 12:52 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
Dastardly of the Oilers to make this one a PPV... had they already decided that at the start of the season, or was this a late decision, knowing they could probably make a killing on it for the vengeful fans back home???

Anyone springing for the PPV on Saturday for this one to see Comrie in Flyers' silks?

Bart
Not springing for the PPV, but I am heading to the game.

In case anyone cares, I'll be the one getting my butt kicked after the Oilers wipe the floor with the Flyers

Old
01-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Yorkiegirl161861

I'll be at the game too

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Not springing for the PPV, but I am heading to the game.

In case anyone cares, I'll be the one getting my butt kicked after the Oilers wipe the floor with the Flyers
Let's see how many Philly "Comrie" jerseys have surfaced since his arrival.

Old
01-07-2004, 01:23 PM
H-Bear

You bet I'll be watching it on my Centre Ice Package.

Best money I ever spent!!

Old
01-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

No, to my knowledge, this was a planned PPV that was scheduled before the trade ever happened. But a different look at things would show that Oilers traded Comrie to Philly because the game was on PPV, and they knew that the buyrates would be huge if MCOM was involved. Theres that brain of mine kicking in again, I need a bandaid.

Old
01-07-2004, 01:35 PM
VayaConDios

The first thing I want to hear when i buy this game is
" Rocky Thompson has been called up this game because of Scott Ferguson's catching of the flu. He is ready to go despite his car getting smashed in by Philadelphia forward Mike Comrie."

Old
01-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
No, to my knowledge, this was a planned PPV that was scheduled before the trade ever happened. But a different look at things would show that Oilers traded Comrie to Philly because the game was on PPV, and they knew that the buyrates would be huge if MCOM was involved. Theres that brain of mine kicking in again, I need a bandaid.
I think it was added. It's a Saturday night and CBC normally doesn't normally allow games of any be broadcast on HNIC. Apparently CBC allowed the Oilers to broadcast the PPV for this game.

01-07-2004, 03:08 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
I think it was added. It's a Saturday night and CBC normally doesn't normally allow games of any be broadcast on HNIC. Apparently CBC allowed the Oilers to broadcast the PPV for this game.
I don't think this has anything to do with CBC. CBC doesn't own the rights to be the only broadcaster in the world to televise games on Saturday.

Plus, this PPV with the Flyers was a PPV game since the beginning of the season.

Old
01-07-2004, 03:18 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalieDude
The first thing I want to hear when i buy this game is
" Rocky Thompson has been called up this game because of Scott Ferguson's catching of the flu. He is ready to go despite his car getting smashed in by Philadelphia forward Mike Comrie."
that would be hilarious

i just want a good hard hitting game ..... where all the hits are directed at comrie did somebody forgot to mention clean

Old
01-07-2004, 03:30 PM
windowlicker

I just hope the little a-hole gets whats coming to him in large doses.

And you know that the current Edmonton Oiler players know that whoever does something first will endear himself with Oiler fans for generations to come.

My money is on Raffi.

Last edited by windowlicker: 01-07-2004 at 04:10 PM.
Old
01-07-2004, 03:51 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
if Georges Laraque does something then he won't be the whipping boy for the rest of the season to everyone's dismay

my money is on Moreau

Old
01-07-2004, 04:25 PM
mbam99

Send a message via MSN to mbam99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
I think you are right. I have heard the same thing. I think the CBC has a monopoly on Saturday night games in Canada. I did hear that the CBC was gracious enough to allow the Oilers to show this game....

Old
01-07-2004, 04:35 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

EDMONTON, Alberta (Ticker) - The Edmonton Oilers added a veteran presence to their defense Monday, signing Kevin Lowe to a one-game contract.

Financial terms were not disclosed for Lowe, who had been serving as GM for the Oilers. His only game in this try-out will be on January 10 against the Philadelphia Flyers.

Lowe returns to Edmonton, where he played from 1979-1992 and a second stint from 1996-1998. He also has had stints with the New York Rangers during a 19-year career.

When asked about his curious one game contract, Lowe merely just grinned and said, "I have one special little player who I would like to thank personally on the ice." Meanwhile, the Oilers have also signed enforcer Shawn Legault to a one-game contract and have recalled Rocky Thompson and Brent Henley from their minor league affiliate in Toronto.

All four players will be on the ice on Saturday against Philadelphia.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:21 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
EDMONTON, Alberta (Ticker) - The Edmonton Oilers added a veteran presence to their defense Monday, signing Kevin Lowe to a one-game contract.

Financial terms were not disclosed for Lowe, who had been serving as GM for the Oilers. His only game in this try-out will be on January 10 against the Philadelphia Flyers.

Lowe returns to Edmonton, where he played from 1979-1992 and a second stint from 1996-1998. He also has had stints with the New York Rangers during a 19-year career.

When asked about his curious one game contract, Lowe merely just grinned and said, "I have one special little player who I would like to thank personally on the ice." Meanwhile, the Oilers have also signed enforcer Shawn Legault to a one-game contract and have recalled Rocky Thompson and Brent Henley from their minor league affiliate in Toronto.

All four players will be on the ice on Saturday against Philadelphia.

Thankyou PPV!! I am going to shell out the green for this tilt. DAWG PLEASE OH PLEASE BOO THAT LIL' PC OF **** EVERY TIME HE TOUCHES ICE!!! I might not get the chance till 2005 and my hatred might be difused by then. I'll buy you a draft any time your at Rexall. My word is gold on that!!

Comrie is not an easy player to hit. He is an elusive lil SOB and he'll have Brashear watching his whiny little hide too. However, if the Oilers have any sense as to the fans true wishes he won't finish the game on his feet.

Whoever pastes Comrie the worst will be my new Fav. player for the rest of his career. My pick on who will resond.
1) Moreau
2) Torres
3) Ferguson
4) Smyth

Old
01-08-2004, 07:31 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed

Thankyou PPV!! I am going to shell out the green for this tilt. DAWG PLEASE OH PLEASE BOO THAT LIL' PC OF **** EVERY TIME HE TOUCHES ICE!!! I might not get the chance till 2005 and my hatred might be difused by then. I'll buy you a draft any time your at Rexall. My word is gold on that!!

Comrie is not an easy player to hit. He is an elusive lil SOB and he'll have Brashear watching his whiny little hide too. However, if the Oilers have any sense as to the fans true wishes he won't finish the game on his feet.

Whoever pastes Comrie the worst will be my new Fav. player for the rest of his career. My pick on who will resond.
1) Moreau
2) Torres
3) Ferguson
4) Smyth

Really what we should do is have a pool to who and in what period. $5.00 a square.

Mine - Torres in the First period.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:36 AM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

CBC owns the rights too ALL leafs games on saturday and all home games for canadian teams on saturday.

Old
01-08-2004, 08:12 AM
barto

Heh. Good stuff. I'll take Ulanov as getting the first good hit on Comrie in the 2nd period.

On another note, does anyone know who's showing the game in Edmonton? I assume the usual sports bars will show it, but I was wondering about places like, say, Brewster's or something. I'd like to see at least some of it on the tube but won't be near home for most of it (daughter's going to a birthday party).

Thanks.

Bart

Old
01-08-2004, 08:34 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Bear
You bet I'll be watching it on my Centre Ice Package.

Best money I ever spent!!
Yeah...still great value although they are going to black out the game in Edmonton. Kind of disappointed but it is only a few games a year. I won't pay more for hockey than what I pay for Centre Ice.

Old
01-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
Heh. Good stuff. I'll take Ulanov as getting the first good hit on Comrie in the 2nd period.

On another note, does anyone know who's showing the game in Edmonton? I assume the usual sports bars will show it, but I was wondering about places like, say, Brewster's or something. I'd like to see at least some of it on the tube but won't be near home for most of it (daughter's going to a birthday party).

Thanks.

Bart

Boston Pizza is usually good for showing the PPV games.

Old
01-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:

Thanks.

Bart
The Elephant & Castle on Whyte is a great place to watch PPV Oilers. Thats where I usually go.

Old
01-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by chit94
The Elephant & Castle on Whyte is a great place to watch PPV Oilers. Thats where I usually go.
I usually watch them there as well, good little place for sure

Closed Thread