HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Perreault to Flames rumor

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2004, 10:40 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Perreault to Flames rumor

According CBS SportsLine and Ottawa Sun, Yanic Perreault might be traded to Calgary.

Selon CBS SportsLine et le Ottawa Sun, Yanic Perreault pourrait aller faire un tour du coté de Calgary prochainement.

www.chfans.com

Old
01-07-2004, 10:45 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I agree with the article on that site that says with the emergence of Ribs, Perrault is pretty much expendable. Not sure who we could get in return but Gauthier would be nice.

Old
01-07-2004, 10:45 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
if he's traded for gauthier i'll be the happiest man on earth !!
he'll be the perfect player for us !!
imagine this :
Gauthier - Komisarek
anyway this is too good to be true IMO !

Old
01-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Guy Caballero

This seems like nothing more than speculation to me. Especially with 2 centers out due to injury, I don't see Gainey moving Perreault just yet.

Old
01-07-2004, 10:50 AM
Lewis63

Might as well throw in Kilger in that trade too!

I always liked Gauthier, hope this rumour has a good source...

Old
01-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Subban Fan

Is Conroy right handed???

Old
01-07-2004, 10:55 AM
Darz

Unless the habs are eating a huge portion of his salary, I can't see the flames wanting to take on that contract.

Also can't see Sutter wanting to bring in Perreault.

Old
01-07-2004, 10:56 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
Iginla is LOL

Old
01-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis63
Might as well throw in Kilger in that trade too!

I always liked Gauthier, hope this rumour has a good source...
=========================
who is perrault goin to get us off the flames?craig conroy(right handed center) is out with a knee injury atleast for another week...im opinion perrault is not a daryl sutter type of player...might be rong but i guess we will see..

Old
01-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
Maybe we could trade Traverse for him. Then we would come full circle, since that's all we have to show for trading him. (Conroy = Baron = Manson = Weinrich = Traverse )

Old
01-07-2004, 11:01 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

cbs.sportline:

"The Flames, finding themselves thin at center with injuries to Craig Conroy, Steve Reinprecht and Blair Betts, and Jason Morgan getting claimed on waivers, are in the market to get some help down the middle. Among their possible targets are Montreal's Yanic Perreault and Ottawa's Radek Bonk. According to the Ottawa Sun, Calgary could be offering defenseman Denis Gauthier."

...I guess this is the source, doesn't say more than Calgary's possible targets

Old
01-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
cbs.sportline:

"The Flames, finding themselves thin at center with injuries to Craig Conroy, Steve Reinprecht and Blair Betts, and Jason Morgan getting claimed on waivers, are in the market to get some help down the middle. Among their possible targets are Montreal's Yanic Perreault and Ottawa's Radek Bonk. According to the Ottawa Sun, Calgary could be offering defenseman Denis Gauthier."

Talk about rampant speculation. That kind of blurb perfectly illustrates how rumours get started. Take a look around the league, find Square Peg A and Square Hole B, then state that the two fit together in a way that makes it seem as though the two sides are actually talking. It's really no better than the stuff we do on the message boards, so it's kind of funny that people point to such articles as legitimate sources. (And it's even funnier that people get paid to write that garbage.)

Old
01-07-2004, 11:18 AM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
I agree with the article on that site that says with the emergence of Ribs, Perrault is pretty much expendable. Not sure who we could get in return but Gauthier would be nice.
As much as I'd like to have Gauthier - simply for taking out our opponent's knees - I have a hard time believing that Sutter would part with him - especially for Perrault, who is not Sutter's type of player *at all*. Then again, he is managing to get an effort out of Oleg Sapyrkin, so who knows.

In other news, some vancouver fans were mentioning that they "heard" (whatever that means) that the habs are interested in acquiring young Fedor Fedorov. As I don't get Mtl radio out here in BC, can anyone verify this bizarre rumour. Fedfed has a worse work ethic than Hainsey I hear. But again, you never know.

Old
01-07-2004, 11:18 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Unless the habs are eating a huge portion of his salary, I can't see the flames wanting to take on that contract.
There is only 1/2 year left so the cost wouldn't be much

Old
01-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Habber

Quote:
cbs.sportline:

Seems to me if Calgary wanted a centre they would have gotten one a month ago when all those guys first got hurt.

Reinprecht is back, he played last night and I don’t think Conroy is far behind. They’ve been playing great without these guys so why all the sudden would they want Perrault right when they’re coming back? Calgary isn’t the type of team that can afford a $3 mil salary to fill in for injured guys.

Old
01-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Artyukhin*

i found this on spectors trade rumours-------
please read bob lips...nobody goin anywares...NO BLOCKBUSTER DEALS IN STORE FOR CANADIENS.

MONTREAL GAZETTE: Pat Hickey reports Montreal Canadiens GM Bob Gainey isn't likely to swing a blockbuster trade to help his club in the second half of the season. Gainey said he's pleased with how his club has played thus far. If changes are made, they'll likely be from farm club call-ups or a trade deadline deal. Gainey said such a move would be "less about somebody leaving than about somebody coming in", adding he doesn't see a player leaving and would prefer to offer up "future considerations" to a non-playoff club. He did acknowledge, however, that the team ownership hasn't set limits on what he can spend should the right deal come along.

Spector's Note: Gainey is seeking a centre with a right-handed shot, but at the price of future considerations that means at best a third liner. Can't say I blame him for not wanting to make a huge deal, as the Habs have made noticeable improvement this season compared to last.

Old
01-07-2004, 11:29 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
As much as I'd like to have Gauthier - simply for taking out our opponent's knees - I have a hard time believing that Sutter would part with him - especially for Perrault, who is not Sutter's type of player *at all*. Then again, he is managing to get an effort out of Oleg Sapyrkin, so who knows.

In other news, some vancouver fans were mentioning that they "heard" (whatever that means) that the habs are interested in acquiring young Fedor Fedorov. As I don't get Mtl radio out here in BC, can anyone verify this bizarre rumour. Fedfed has a worse work ethic than Hainsey I hear. But again, you never know.
haven't heard anything...I will listen again tonight...but why would MON would be interested in a player like FEDFED.

Get COOKE or RUUTU

Old
01-07-2004, 11:31 AM
tinyzombies

This will never happen in a million years.

We're talking about Darryl Sutter here, not Rejean Houle. The same Sutter who banishes players to Europe for not playing physical enough. Why would he bring in a softy like Perreault?

Old
01-07-2004, 11:32 AM
chicpea*

Quote:
haven't heard anything...I will listen again tonight...but why would MON would be interested in a player like FEDFED.

Get COOKE or RUUTU
Good grief that would be awesome. I'd take Cooke over Ruutu (for various reasons which I'm sure you're aware of ).

Old
01-07-2004, 11:44 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
This will never happen in a million years.

We're talking about Darryl Sutter here, not Rejean Houle. The same Sutter who banishes players to Europe for not playing physical enough. Why would he bring in a softy like Perreault?
Don't undervalue Perrault. He puts pucks in the net and is great at face-offs. He's not worth much in trade due to his contract status, but the Flames could use him short term. Sutter needs help now, Perrault will fit the bill for the remainder of this season. Late draft pick at best or a package deal.

Old
01-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
Don't undervalue Perrault. He puts pucks in the net and is great at face-offs. He's not worth much in trade due to his contract status, but the Flames could use him short term. Sutter needs help now, Perrault will fit the bill for the remainder of this season. Late draft pick at best or a package deal.
Let's also remember that his value increases in the Western Conference, which is more suited to his style of play.

Old
01-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Playr050

Send a message via AIM to Playr050
With Bonk's name mentioned, I'm guessing this a Garrioch "rumor"?

Old
01-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Corey

The Flames are doing quite nicely as is.

Old
01-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
The Flames are doing quite nicely as is.
We are too as a matter of fact!

Old
01-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Sonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
Don't undervalue Perrault. He [...] is great at face-offs.
He's been in fact the best in the league for a couple of years now.

Closed Thread