Notices

rivals?

Old
09-13-2007, 12:34 AM
hollowhead

vCash: 500
rivals?

Hey there Dallas Fans.

Just coming on here to talk about last years first round match up between your Beloved Stars and the Nucks....as u may notice i'm a nucks die hard fan....k to my point.... with the battle of last years playoffs between our clubs do you guys think that has built a bit of a rivalry between the two teams or do you still not see what i am seeing? we only play 4 times a year in regular season, but i still see a bit of hate between the two clubs in those games... just seeing what you guys think....thanx and good luck Dallas...

hollowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 04:22 AM
ck26
Alcoholab User

vCash: 50
No. Not one bit. If I had to rank the Stars' rivals, I'd pick Anaheim, Edmonton, San Jose, Detroit and Colorado, but I'm not sure what order I'd put them in.

Anaheim and San Jose are obviously the two other big teams in the division ... Detroit and Colorado were vying for the Stanley Cup around the same time we were, and Edmonton was the result of four or five playoff meetings. It takes more than one.

ck26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Chad_

I don't see it as a rivalry, and I'll echo Cottonking's teams that are rivals. The Vancouver series was great, I thought, but it's one series after splitting four regular season games.

The teams that still pack the AAC are against Detroit and Colorado, thus it seems most Stars fans consider both teams rivals of the Stars, whether or not those fans consider the Stars rivals of their respective teams.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Dallasman

I think Dallas' biggest rival is STILL Edmonton. Even though we haven't played each other in the playoffs in a few years, that hate for Dallas is still there up here in Edmonton. And I'm sure a lot of Stars fans hate the Oilers. I know I do.

I think another of our rivals, although probably not as big as the Oilers are the Avs. They beat us every year in the playoffs it seems for the past little while. Why should we have any respect for them?

I guess Detroit is somewhat of a rival. Not really a team I look forward to playing and don't get all riled up for the game. But when we beat them, which is few and far between, it is nice.

Anaheim and San Jose are rivals purely based on the division we play in. It is bound to happen when you play eight games against each other during the season.

One rivalry that has potential to start may be with Nashville after all that transpired last year against them. Perhaps some bitterness and bad blood still exists there. This season we may find out.

Dallasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Yeah, I'd say Edmonton's still very much up there; our regular season games with them can still be entertaining (the McGeough fiasco, botched penalty call, the Stefan incident). Besides, it's fun to have the upper hand in a rivalry for so long

09-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Yeah, I'd say Edmonton's still very much up there; our regular season games with them can still be entertaining (the McGeough fiasco, botched penalty call, the Stefan incident). Besides, it's fun to have the upper hand in a rivalry for so long
it's about time we face them in the playoffs.....we could get past the 1st round

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 10:17 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy View Post
it's about time we face them in the playoffs.....we could get past the 1st round
if they make the playoffs, we win the stanley cup

DaStars99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Dave Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE M0DANO View Post
Great Point, because they havent made the playoffs the past 11 out of 13 seasons with only 1 cup. I can see by your username you are a very big fan and know good hockey when you see it.

As far as rivals hands down has to be Edmonton. Not only did they meet in the playoffs 5 times in a row than a 6th time 2 years later. They were long physical series that were extremely close.

But i can see San Jose or Anaheim quickly taken their spot as rival because of how the divisions are placed and by the look of how things are looking SJ or Anaheim will end higher up in the division where we will be fighting for playoffs.

Dave Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Chad_

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE M0DANO View Post
I'll take that trade.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote