HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Question about my upcoming draft

Old
09-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Lundmark17

vCash: 500
Question about my upcoming draft

Hey guys here's my dilemma. The pool I'm in has 12 teams and is a year to year pool, however this year we have the opportunity to keep two guys from last season. Goalies are somewhat important (Brodeur was the top point getter for the pool).

The scoring system for skaters is - 3 for a goal, 2 for an assist, +/-1 for plus minus, .2 points for every penalty minute.

Goalies it's 5 for a win, 7 for a shut out.

Finished 2nd last year but my problem is I didn't have a lot of top end guys just a lot of depth. Here are the guys who I am considering holding onto.

Marian Hossa
Brad Richards
Daniel Sedin
Ray Emery
Kari Lethonen
Ales Hemsky
Anze Kopitar
Ryan Getzlaf
Alexander Semin

I am holding onto Marian Hossa for sure and I'm leaning towards Brad Richards. The way I figure, he had a pretty bad year last season and still managed 70 points. If he happens to get a winger on his line or get traded he is back up to the 80 point mark easily.

Any opinions and reasons would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Lundmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Mervillian

I would personally protect Hossa and Daniel Sedin. Now I am a huge Canucks fan, but Daniel scored 36-48-84 whereas Richards scored 25-45-70. Daniel also had a +19 whereas Richards had -19, while the PIM were about equal. Even if they both score around the same amount of points this season Daniel will probably score more goals and once again have a better plus minus. I may even take Semin over Richards (especially if position matters). I wouldn't bother protecting a goaltender as you will probably be able to draft a decent goaltender later.

Mervillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Lundmark17

Thanks for the opinion. There's no position specific spots. Just 24 skaters. For the goalies we have a seperate draft for them.

Lundmark17 is offline   Reply With Quote