HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes NHL 08 RBK Edge jersey leaked

Old
09-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Bandit34

vCash: 500
The white looks great!!!!

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 08:05 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnext2youxx View Post
after seeing the jerseys out on the ice, i really like them. and i will probably buy one. i just cant decide which one. i dont have a red one, but i really like the white one.
I was told Turris will wear #91 (since 19 is taken) but get white.

I was on the fence between him and Meuller, and I figured Mueller will be playing so I went with ol 88. I'm just so pissed that the letters are comming off, when I'm back there monday I'll have them fix it I guess.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 08:07 PM
cityhockeyfever

jmglenn, I'm not sure if were able to get in touch with Chris, but he was able to post blog entry on the new Coyotes jerseys including a link to this thread so that credit for the source of your contributions are accounted for.

At the same time, on his blog entry, he has posted two images from NHL Shop showing the new home and road jerseys side by side.

Still waiting for the Coyotes news release.

cityhockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 08:20 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhockeyfever View Post
jmglenn, I'm not sure if were able to get in touch with Chris, but he was able to post blog entry on the new Coyotes jerseys including a link to this thread so that credit for the source of your contributions are accounted for.

At the same time, on his blog entry, he has posted two images from NHL Shop showing the new home and road jerseys side by side.

Still waiting for the Coyotes news release.
He just sent me back an email, I'm just so pissed those letters are already comming off. Maybe the iron letters don't work well with the new "HiTech" material.

Old
09-15-2007, 08:25 PM
cityhockeyfever

I have a bad feeling that customizing replicas will be a problem at the start until those companies doing them rectify the problem. Thanks again for posting those photos, they're awesome. At the same time, it should be interesting what the Coyotes are doing for their web site. Maybe they're posting more than what other teams have done and that might explain what's taking them so damn long.

Old
09-15-2007, 08:25 PM
wo4bb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmglenn View Post
I was told Turris will wear #91 (since 19 is taken) but get white.

I was on the fence between him and Meuller, and I figured Mueller will be playing so I went with ol 88. I'm just so pissed that the letters are comming off, when I'm back there monday I'll have them fix it I guess.
i really like the white, but i have an old white one. but i do look better in white, red just doesnt work as well for me.

wo4bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2007, 08:30 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnext2youxx View Post
...but i have an old white one.
as did I.

Old
09-15-2007, 11:47 PM
xMARCStheSPOT

Send a message via AIM to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via MSN to xMARCStheSPOT Send a message via Yahoo to xMARCStheSPOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteLove View Post
I don't hate it... per se. But I don't love it either. At least it's not orange... :p
Hey, the orange isnt that bad...

xMARCStheSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 12:16 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Official Pics. All 2 of them.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ticleid=337397

Really sorry effort by the Yotes webstaff.

They really should flip the A's and C's to the other side like the Wings did.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 12:33 AM
08Neely
Blades of Steel

Really sorry effort by "fans" that don't go to events like this to support the team.
(Free to boot so no excuse there)
I felt that the turnout was the lowest I have seen since the Coyotes came here.

BTW - the new jerseys are horrid. There is no way I will purchase one of these things. So much for us traditionalists I guess.....

08Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 01:04 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

[QUOTE=08Neely;10425468]Really sorry effort by "fans" that don't go to events like this to support the team.
(Free to boot so no excuse there)
I felt that the turnout was the lowest I have seen since the Coyotes came here.
QUOTE]

I agree, only like 200 folks came out. HOWEVER, this team is like a drunk; it's has hit rock bottom. It's all up hill from here.

Old
09-16-2007, 01:05 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmglenn View Post
I agree, only like 200 folks came out. HOWEVER, this team is like a drunk; it's has hit rock bottom. It's all up hill from here.
Was this the fan fest day? 200? That's pretty sad. The St Louis blues got 8500+ at their shindig.

Old
09-16-2007, 01:06 AM
PhoPhan

These jerseys really are terrible. The entire uniform is just white and brick, and then there's some sand in the logo. It looks out of place. The entire logo looks out of place; it's way too busy for such a simple uniform. It's aesthetically unbalanced, and to an extremely frustrating degree.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 01:26 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Going back to these pictures... I think you inadvertently discovered that it looks 10x better than the colors we have now. Come to think of it... bright ass red is not a natural Arizona color. Red-tinted brown is, though, and Coyotes are the same color naturally (or blue tinted). Had they changed the colors to this camera distorted one I would have been much more pleased. Like an Oklahoma/Crimson red. I think it looks good.

Old
09-16-2007, 01:30 AM
YotesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Was this the fan fest day? 200? That's pretty sad. The St Louis blues got 8500+ at their shindig.
I was there. Got Mueller's autograph on three different jersey's and Carcillo's. It was cool. I also got a game used Yanic Perrault stick if anyone is interested in buying or trading for it.

YotesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 02:05 AM
cityhockeyfever

That's beyond disappointing. Just 200 fans showing up? Simply unreal. I know the Coyotes are in the worst period since their move to Phoenix (especially their on-ice performance), but they should've had more fans at this event. Much more. Geez, you know Winnipeg fans will be all over that. But whatever. There's nowhere to go but up for the fortunes of the franchise and I'm looking forward to brighter times ahead.

Okay as XavierX noted with the lack of content in the news release besides the body text and one stinkin' picture,
the Phoenix Coyotes haven't posted a photo gallery or video clip yet.

And here is a new second blog entry on the NHL Tournament of Logos site.
It has a few more really nice photos there as well.
Coyotes unveil new uniforms!

I think the Coyotes have a winner here regarding the new jerseys. Some might not like them, but I do.
I've warmed up to the brick red shoulder yoke on the road jersey after seeing jmglenn's photos.
Notice as Chris (the blogger) mentioned in his entry that the secondary logo as switched places on the shoulders.
Not sure if it's the lighting or not, but the lower half of the inside to the crest logo is a "richer" sand color as is parts of the PHX secondary logo patch (as seen in one of the photos).

Last edited by cityhockeyfever: 09-16-2007 at 02:20 AM.
Old
09-16-2007, 02:17 AM
Bandit34

I actually like the new jerseys. They are not great by any means but it is a step in the right direction.

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 02:47 AM
coyoteshockeyfan

That's still 200 more fans than the Coyotes deserve to have show up.

coyoteshockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 10:50 AM
SH1VERmeT1MBERS

Good news about the socks in some of the pics (the ones with the red in the front and the white stripe in the back)...I emailed Moss and he sad they were just the practice socks.

As for 200 people showing up to fanfest...did anyone see any real advertisement for the event? I noticed VERY little. I think that most people (beyond STHs) weren't even aware that the Yotes were doing this. The marketing for this team is atrocious.

SH1VERmeT1MBERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Science H. Logic

Ok 200 is waaay too low of an actual count. There were many more than that but I also don't agree with the Coyotes count of 3000 either. But 200 is a definite exaggeration.

I was disappointed this year with the event. Normally the entire team is available at some point for autos but since they had an actual practice, which they needed, it was cut back to a select few and of course the ones I specifically went for were all at the same time and late in the afternoon to boot.

As for the new shirts, I guess they're OK. I won't be rushing out to drop $300 on a blank authentic but if I see one for much less on ebay or even after the season when they'll most likely be trying to blow them out of some of the local sport stores, I might be inclined to pick one up. The red yoke bothered me at first but after watching them in action I eventually stopped noticing it--sort of like the netting that stops the puck from going into the crowd. At first it was terrible and now I don't even see it. Hopefully they have another event like the Jillian's one last season because that one was the best ever.

Science H. Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 11:15 AM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

The new white jerseys are long sleeve versions of the Cardinals white jerseys. When I first saw them I thought they reminded me of something and then I was watching the news last night and they showed clips of a Cardinals game and they have the same look.

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 11:29 AM
TwoGuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoCoyotes View Post

As for 200 people showing up to fanfest...did anyone see any real advertisement for the event? I noticed VERY little. I think that most people (beyond STHs) weren't even aware that the Yotes were doing this. The marketing for this team is atrocious.
My thoughts exactly. They should have waited a couple of weeks for this, and blitzed all the local talk radio, etc. to hype it up some. It's impossible to take this organization too seriously because they don't seem to have a clue what they're doing. I have hope that'll change on the ice, if their ineptitude off the ice doesn't doom them first . . .

TwoGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 11:45 AM
PhoPhan

What I've just noticed about the Coyotes jerseys:

The color scheme not only sort of matches the Cardinals, but it's also the same basic scheme the Diamondbacks just adopted. I don't see the Suns changing their colors for some time, but given that all three other teams got new jerseys in the last few years and that two of them changed to match the other, does anyone think there could have been some outside pressure to sort of do the same thing that Pittsburgh does, where all the home teams share the same color scheme, as sort of a city-unity building thing?

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Coyotes1934

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhockeyfever View Post
Okay as XavierX noted with the lack of content in the news release besides the body text and one stinkin' picture,
the Phoenix Coyotes haven't posted a photo gallery or video clip yet.
I always see a guy taking photos at these things, and we never see more than 1 or 2 posted on their site. What happens to the rest of them??

Coyotes1934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2007, 02:14 PM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Nick View Post
I always see a guy taking photos at these things, and we never see more than 1 or 2 posted on their site. What happens to the rest of them??
Its probably a matter of having to take 100 pictures to get one really good one In my case I am really bad and have to take 1,000 pictures to finally get one that would be good enough to post on the web.

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote