HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sun Sports TV Schedule out..

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-13-2007, 11:43 AM
  #1
Kristia
Old folks home..
 
Kristia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa Bay Area....
Country: United States
Posts: 13,813
vCash: 1400
Awards:
Sun Sports TV Schedule out..

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/sep...orts-lightning


Wow..They are showing one preseason game this year.. On the 24th against Detroit..

They will be showing 69 regular-season games..


Last edited by Kristia: 09-13-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Kristia is offline  
Old
09-13-2007, 12:35 PM
  #2
gobolt7
Registered User
 
gobolt7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Florida.
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,254
vCash: 500
That better include all 41 road games, and lots in the HD variety.

gobolt7 is offline  
Old
09-13-2007, 03:27 PM
  #3
EbencoyE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 1,911
vCash: 500
Unfortunately for me I don't get Sun Sports in the dorm...

EbencoyE is offline  
Old
09-13-2007, 03:44 PM
  #4
marypoppins
 
marypoppins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Fla
Country: Cayman Islands
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristia28 View Post
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/sep...orts-lightning


Wow..They are showing one preseason game this year.. On the 24th against Detroit..

They will be showing 69 regular-season games..
This is great!!! Can't wait!!!

marypoppins is offline  
Old
09-13-2007, 03:48 PM
  #5
Idealsupra*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marypoppins View Post
This is great!!! Can't wait!!!

i dont feel 69 out of 82 is great... thats actually pathetic IMO. especially considering 32 of them will almost certainly be against the SE division. god forbid we miss any of that 8 times per team.

two years ago they had what 79 or 80 or 82? and last year was less..... and this year is even less.... NOT GOOD.

on top of that how many will be in HD? 3 or 4? when other teams INCLUDING FLA (same sun sports broadcast) get 10+ easy.



EDIT: how many games are on NBC/OLN? 4 or 5?

Idealsupra* is offline  
Old
09-13-2007, 03:56 PM
  #6
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 14,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
That better include all 41 road games, and lots in the HD variety.
4 away games aren't shown (36 on the sun schedule, an Atlanta away game is on VS).

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
09-13-2007, 04:02 PM
  #7
Idealsupra*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
4 away games aren't shown (36 on the sun schedule, an Atlanta away game is on VS).
thats inexcusable....

Idealsupra* is offline  
Old
09-13-2007, 10:05 PM
  #8
Butchered
Tampa=Boston South
 
Butchered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 501
Country: United States
Posts: 4,819
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Yeah, add me into the not thinking 69 out of 82 isn't very good. It's bad enough we're LUCKY to get 5 games a season in HD, but now there's going to be 13 regular season games we're going to miss, and even more than 1 away game not televised is inexcusable to me.

Butchered is offline  
Old
09-13-2007, 11:57 PM
  #9
LastoftheBrunnenG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,471
vCash: 500
It's the away games I don't understand. Home games, in theory, you can go to the games as they aren't sell outs (I don't care what they say, there are tix available).

LastoftheBrunnenG is offline  
Old
09-14-2007, 12:37 AM
  #10
Idealsupra*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG View Post
It's the away games I don't understand. Home games, in theory, you can go to the games as they aren't sell outs (I don't care what they say, there are tix available).
agreed 100%. i can understand not showing all of the homes games. but missing ANY of the away games is just ludicrous.

i dont think we will miss 13 games though. i think there are 3 or 4 on national broadcasts.

so in the end i think there will be 10 games not on any television. and 4 of them are away. unbelievable.

Idealsupra* is offline  
Old
09-14-2007, 01:00 AM
  #11
cityhockeyfever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York City area
Country: United States
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
I will never understand why all NHL don't fill up all 82 games in their TV schedules. But I have to assume that regional networks have to accommodate the NBA teams that share air time with them as well.

cityhockeyfever is offline  
Old
09-14-2007, 06:48 AM
  #12
missK
Registered User
 
missK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Lightning country
Country: United States
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhockeyfever View Post
But I have to assume that regional networks have to accommodate the NBA teams that share air time with them as well.

missK is offline  
Old
09-14-2007, 07:40 AM
  #13
marypoppins
 
marypoppins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Fla
Country: Cayman Islands
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplitersniper View Post
i dont feel 69 out of 82 is great... thats actually pathetic IMO. especially considering 32 of them will almost certainly be against the SE division. god forbid we miss any of that 8 times per team.

two years ago they had what 79 or 80 or 82? and last year was less..... and this year is even less.... NOT GOOD.

on top of that how many will be in HD? 3 or 4? when other teams INCLUDING FLA (same sun sports broadcast) get 10+ easy.



EDIT: how many games are on NBC/Versus? 4 or 5?
Well, considering TBS has all but dropped the Braves from their broadcast schedule of games (which pisses me off to no end), I think 85-90% of Lightning games televised (when considering add'l games on Versus/NBC) is pretty good.

marypoppins is offline  
Old
09-14-2007, 07:42 AM
  #14
marypoppins
 
marypoppins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Fla
Country: Cayman Islands
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhockeyfever View Post
I will never understand why all NHL don't fill up all 82 games in their TV schedules. But I have to assume that regional networks have to accommodate the NBA teams that share air time with them as well.
In our region the Lightning have to contend with Orlando Magic games, so that's probably where some conflicts in the televised schedule arise.....

marypoppins is offline  
Old
09-14-2007, 11:01 AM
  #15
Idealsupra*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marypoppins View Post
In our region the Lightning have to contend with Orlando Magic games, so that's probably where some conflicts in the televised schedule arise.....

except i cant remember the last time a magic game was on sunshine instead of a lightning game... infact the last times a lightning game wasnt on ive seen the following instead:

UF football game REPLAYS
Bass Fishing shows
FSU basketball





Once sunshine comes out and says we will have 5 games in HD then ill completely be disgusted by this. If they come out and say we will have 20-30 games in HD then i might be able to forgive them for the lack of complete coverage.

Idealsupra* is offline  
Old
09-14-2007, 07:09 PM
  #16
LastoftheBrunnenG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,471
vCash: 500
There are a few conflict games...whenever Paul Porter isn't the MC he's usually in Orlando @ the O-rena.

I hate to sound draconian, but if they didn't show so many home games, maybe they'd force more people to attend games and sell more tickets and make more money to spend closer to the cap...just a thought.

LastoftheBrunnenG is offline  
Old
09-14-2007, 07:16 PM
  #17
gobolt7
Registered User
 
gobolt7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Florida.
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG View Post
I hate to sound draconian, but if they didn't show so many home games, maybe they'd force more people to attend games and sell more tickets and make more money to spend closer to the cap...just a thought.
Their ******** answer to that is that they want to show more home games so that they can market the St Pete Times forum experiance to those watching on TV in hopes that they will buy tickets. I am dead serious, that is their answer.

gobolt7 is offline  
Old
09-14-2007, 08:55 PM
  #18
Maria
Registered User
 
Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 500
Who cares about the Orlando Magic???, they should show all away games.

Maria is offline  
Old
09-21-2007, 09:39 AM
  #19
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
With Center Ice, you will probably see all Lightning games. I haven't missed one in years.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
09-21-2007, 09:52 AM
  #20
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Select games will also be produced and distributed in HD (schedule TBA) and will be available to HD customers of participating cable and satellite systems on a separate Sun Sports HD channel. All home games will be preceded by the half-hour LIGHTNING ICE TIME pre-game show and all games will include LIGHTNING ICE TIME EXTRA post-game coverage from site.
Select Games will be produced in HD. That sucks. At least in years past they told you how many. Last year it was 10 but I only got 8 and 2/3. One early season game, against Carolina, was scheduled for HD but never aired and the one away game, Minny, the first period was blacked out in HD. Sun needs to get their **** together because most, if not all, out of market games on FSN (doesn't matter what team) are shown in HD. They should take the money they are throwing into Ice Time pre game and post game and put it in HD. People with HD sets are increasing yearly, Sun's HD broadcasts should increase as well. Anyone know how many Magic games are in HD every year? Bet it's more than Lightning games.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
09-21-2007, 12:34 PM
  #21
No-Twitch Tabitha
Registered User
 
No-Twitch Tabitha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Winter Haven, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,210
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG View Post
I hate to sound draconian, but if they didn't show so many home games, maybe they'd force more people to attend games and sell more tickets and make more money to spend closer to the cap...just a thought.
Are you working for the Blackhawks?

No-Twitch Tabitha is offline  
Old
09-21-2007, 12:41 PM
  #22
No-Twitch Tabitha
Registered User
 
No-Twitch Tabitha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Winter Haven, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,210
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplitersniper View Post
except i cant remember the last time a magic game was on sunshine instead of a lightning game... infact the last times a lightning game wasnt on ive seen the following instead:

UF football game REPLAYS
Bass Fishing shows
FSU basketball





Once sunshine comes out and says we will have 5 games in HD then ill completely be disgusted by this. If they come out and say we will have 20-30 games in HD then i might be able to forgive them for the lack of complete coverage.
I can remember instances during this previous basketball season where Subshine was pushing the Tragic quite heavily and seeing Tragic games in place of Lightning on the schedule. They probably stick out because I've always despised the Magic. The commercials were along the same format as the Lightning, same announcer, different faces, different names.

And what's wrong with fishing shows?

Besides, I'd rather watch a fishing show than FSU basketball -- and I bleed garnet and gold.

No-Twitch Tabitha is offline  
Old
09-21-2007, 12:48 PM
  #23
No-Twitch Tabitha
Registered User
 
No-Twitch Tabitha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Winter Haven, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,210
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Their ******** answer to that is that they want to show more home games so that they can market the St Pete Times forum experiance to those watching on TV in hopes that they will buy tickets. I am dead serious, that is their answer.
Not surprised. It's all about attracting the casual fan, not the die-hards. They know they've already got us.

No-Twitch Tabitha is offline  
Old
09-21-2007, 06:57 PM
  #24
missK
Registered User
 
missK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Lightning country
Country: United States
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
The HD schedule is not announced with the initial SunSports schedule. First SunSports decides what games to telecast for the season then they try to schedule HD trucks for games where a truck is available.

missK is offline  
Old
09-22-2007, 11:34 AM
  #25
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
The HD schedule is not announced with the initial SunSports schedule. First SunSports decides what games to telecast for the season then they try to schedule HD trucks for games where a truck is available.
My guess is most out of market venues have HD trucks because if you have Center Ice you can see that FSN almost always says "also available in HD" when the game starts. Sun is just not willing to shell out any extra to broadcast in HD. Why is beyond me. I have called and emailed and have gotten no response from them. They are pathetic. To me it comes down to changing with the times and Sun is not. There won't be any more games in HD this season than there has been the last 2 seasons (10 and 8 2/3) because Sun sucks. Between Sun and ****ing Brighthouse I have burned up phone lines complaining about their promise for more HD channels and events. It sad that in both cases I get the same answer (there will be more, we promise), and then nothing ever happens. Believe me, they both know me by name.

And I always love it when RP says this at the start of a rare HD broadcast "The only way to watch hockey". If that were the case Sun would only broadcast 8 and 2/3 Lightning games a year.

Sorry for the rant but this is a very sore subject with me.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.