HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

would u trade Langdon for Ruutu

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2004, 11:35 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
would u trade Langdon for Ruutu

would u trade Langdon for Ruutu , they need their goon back in Vancouver, plus they have a similar player in Cooke.

Old
01-09-2004, 11:39 AM
RichardZednik#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
would u trade Langdon for Ruutu , they need their goon back in Vancouver, plus they have a similar player in Cooke.
Don't you think we need a goon also, I don't want to see Blouin back. Dwyer can't win a fight.

Old
01-09-2004, 11:41 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
No.

Ruutu is a guy I like, similar to Begin, but he doesn't bring the fighting skills Langdon possesses and that we need.

Old
01-09-2004, 11:46 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
No.

Ruutu is a guy I like, similar to Begin, but he doesn't bring the fighting skills Langdon possesses and that we need.
IMO Ruutu is more of a pest than Begin and started to drop his gloves lately. He is no one of most hated palyer in the western conf.
Umberger, Federov and Cooke for Langdon and Hossa.

Old
01-09-2004, 11:49 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
IMO Ruutu is more of a pest than Begin and started to drop his gloves lately. He is no one of most hated palyer in the western conf.
Sorry I meant Umberger, Federov and Ruutu for Langdon and Hossa!

Old
01-09-2004, 11:50 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:

Yikes, 2 second tier prospects (both with what I've heard as "Huge Attitude Problems") and Cooke for our only policeman and Hossa?

Cooke would be nice, but we are giving away what we need right now, we need to weed out what we DON'T need first.

If I was Bob, I would have to say no...

EDIT: Ruutu makes it even worse Ruutu=Begin IMO

Old
01-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Mike8

Firstly, Vancouver would not deal Cooke for that package. He's an impact player and serves an important role with the Canucks right now.

Secondly, I haven't seen any indication that Umberger has an attitude problem. He feels as though Burke has lowballed him, and given the fact that Burke's offered only $700,000 (or thereabouts), it does seem like he was lowballed. I'm not privvy to the negotiations but, not taking a team's offer does not mean a player's got attitude problems.

Umberger's set to become a UFA this summer. If the Habs want him, they can pursue him then. I'd like to see the Habs pick him up if he does become a UFA, because he's got some good skills, the size and maturity in his game to make an impact fairly soon.

As per the original post: no, I don't think I'd deal Langdon for Ruutu. Big fan of Ruutu's and have been for a few years now. He's worth more than Langdon, but there's just so few goons in the league right now that are as solid, cheap, and good for a team as Langdon is. With Montreal being a small team that can be pushed around, I think Langdon has an even greater importance here.

If Montreal picked up Ruutu, the team would be playing a chippier brand of hockey. Ruutu's often a player that will agitate and go after the opposition's better players, a la Tikkanen. How would the opposition react? They'd go after Montreal's top players. Without Langdon, we'd either see Montreal top forwards getting hurt, or having to defend themselves, or seeing Souray, Quintal and Komisarek spending a considerable amount of time in the penalty box. That ain't good for Komisarek's development, nor for Souray's wrist, nor for Montreal's defense.

Lastly, I don't think there's a chance in hell Vancouver would consider dealing Ruutu for Langdon. If they wanted to keep Langdon, they'd've done so back at the waiver draft and exposed Ruutu instead.

Old
01-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Artyukhin*

[QUOTE=The~Franchise]Yikes, 2 second tier prospects (both with what I've heard as "Huge Attitude Problems") and Cooke for our only policeman and Hossa?

Cooke would be nice, but we are giving away what we need right now, we need to weed out what we DON'T need first.

EDIT: Ruutu makes it even worse Ruutu=Begin IMO[/QUOTE======================================

no i think bob goin to try to get gino odjuick back before we trade for ruttu...
so i thihk the trade could be like this

to vancouver
gordie dwyer
darren langdon
gino odjuick
marcel hossa

to montreal

cooke
ruttu
bertuzzi
naslund

not sure bob would do this deal ...the canadians clearly get robbed ..

lol..smarten up with this langdon back to vancouver stuff...they put him on waivers and lost him..they got brookbank now,if they truely wanted langdon they would have exposed someone else...

as far as this question would i trade langdon for rutuu?...i probally would but brian burke wouldn't...

Old
01-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
[QUOTE=doug mckenzie]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
Yikes, 2 second tier prospects (both with what I've heard as "Huge Attitude Problems") and Cooke for our only policeman and Hossa?

EDIT: Ruutu makes it even worse Ruutu=Begin IMO[/QUOTE======================================

no i think bob goin to try to get gino odjuick back before we trade for ruttu...
so i thihk the trade could be like this

to vancouver
gordie dwyer
darren langdon
gino odjuick
marcel hossa

to montreal

cooke
ruttu
bertuzzi
naslund

not sure bob would do this deal ...the canadians clearly get robbed ..

lol..smarten up with this langdon back to vancouver stuff...they put him on waivers and lost him..they got brookbank now,if they truely wanted langdon they would have exposed someone else...

as far as this question would i trade langdon for rutuu?...i probally would but brian burke wouldn't...

u know ... we are a small team ... we need our goons ..

Old
01-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Breenger

Quote:
Well, if Ruutu can fight, then they don't need Langdon anymore. Problem solved.

Old
01-09-2004, 02:12 PM
crakced

Vancouver recently picked up Wade Brookbank for a 2nd time. Nuff said.

Closed Thread