HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary-LA proposal

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2004, 02:07 PM
nikolai19

vCash: 500
Calgary-LA proposal

To LA: Denis Gauthier (1.3 million)
To Cal: Eric Belanger (745,000) or Derek Armstrong (600,000 and a pick

LA needs defense badly. Calgary needs a center.

Old
01-07-2004, 02:36 PM
willie

I have to think LA would need to add more. Belanger would probably be a decent starting point.

Old
01-07-2004, 02:49 PM
McCabe24

another plausable option, IMO would be:

To LA: Denis Gauthier, 3rd Round Pick
To Calgary: Eric Belanger, Ian Laperierre, 4th Round Pick

Laperierre would be a great 3rd/4th line guy, maybe with Yelle and Gelinas? I kind of consider him a younger, more talented Lowry type of player...

Last edited by McCabe24: 01-07-2004 at 02:54 PM.
Old
01-07-2004, 02:50 PM
OMA

Calgary's centers are slowly starting to heal. Reinprecht just returned, Yelle should be back by the weekend from what i've heard. Conroy is due back in a week.

Without Betts (who may be gone for the season), the Flames centers are Reinprecht, Conroy, Yelle and Lombardi. Add in Dean McCammond (who's played much better at center than at wing) and its decent.

There's no doubt that Gauthier could go for scoring help, but i think the return would have to require more proven scoring than Belanger or Armstrong

Old
01-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Face Wash

No WAY you trade your best defensive forward (EBel) for a defenseman. Eric Belanger is an important contributor to this team. Who do you expect is going to win important faceoffs in the defensive zone if you trade him, Stumpel ??

The Kings will have to trade prospect(s) and/or pick(s) for what they need this season. These two guys are too important to a team that has enough trouble icing a healthy team from game to game.

Old
01-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCabe24
another plausable option, IMO would be:

To LA: Denis Gauthier, 3rd Round Pick
To Calgary: Eric Belanger, Ian Laperierre, 4th Round Pick

Laperierre would be a great 3rd/4th line guy, maybe with Yelle and Gelinas? I kind of consider him a younger, more talented Lowry type of player...
Now this is a good deal for both teams. Calgary needs centers and gets some depth, not to mention a couple guys with playoff experience, and mid-round pick to boot. Los Angeles gets their much-needed blueliner.

Good job!

Old
01-07-2004, 03:18 PM
McCabe24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
Now this is a good deal for both teams. Calgary needs centers and gets some depth, not to mention a couple guys with playoff experience, and mid-round pick to boot. Los Angeles gets their much-needed blueliner.

Good job!
thanks...I've actually been thinking about this one for a little while, it seems to get better with every injury that Calgary takes at center..

Old
01-07-2004, 03:28 PM
nikolai19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
No WAY you trade your best defensive forward (EBel) for a defenseman. Eric Belanger is an important contributor to this team. Who do you expect is going to win important faceoffs in the defensive zone if you trade him, Stumpel ??

The Kings will have to trade prospect(s) and/or pick(s) for what they need this season. These two guys are too important to a team that has enough trouble icing a healthy team from game to game.
My only feeling was that it is a give to get situation. Giving up Belanger would be tough but getting Gauthier in return strengthens our defensive corp. To me if Chartrand is given enough time, he could do almost the exact same thing as Belanger. I know that may be a little drastic but defensively there are more holes than up front.

Who knows, maybe Pirnes could play Belanger's role?

The trade is unlikely from both perspectives. It's just that I have read that Calgary has had issues with centers being injured and of course LA has had some injuries on defense. With Miller coming back I would love to see.

Norstrom-Corvo/Gleason
Miller-Gauthier
Visnovsky-Modry
Scratch:Corvo/Gleason

To me Belanger is a great faceoff man, and good defensively, but I think he has reached his offensive potential.

Since Calgary fans seem to be interested in Lapperiere, how about:

To LA: Denis Gauthier
To Cal: Ian Lapperiere and 3rd rounder in 2004

Old
01-07-2004, 03:48 PM
zeppelin97

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
To LA: Denis Gauthier
To Cal: Ian Lapperiere and 3rd rounder in 2004
Lappy is a UFA at the end of the season. I would think at the very least, Belanger has to be going in the trade.

I would hate to do a Gauthier for Belanger + ??? but the Kings D is looking too thin.

I just think the Kings keep taking steps backwards (losing Boucher, but to a divsion rival is unthinkable. And then losing Schneider), maybe the kings should just commit 100% to rebuilding if they are not commited to 'building' a cup contender.

Closed Thread