HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

1 goal in last 2 games...

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2004, 05:25 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
1 goal in last 2 games...

Break out the shooting drills, if someone passes when they should shoot, shock the piss out of them with a cattle prod. This is getting ridiculous. We pass 3-4 more times than we should each time we are in the offensive zone, and when we do get one of those good passes, we put it over the crossbar or in the goalies chest. More of the general scoring woes we've had this year.

I realize a lot of things affected the Toronto game, like them taking out 1/3 of our d-corps, but the 2 minute 5-3 and other PP's just are not working. We even had good chances, we just can't find the net. I generally think when the PP is that bad that it's Horachek that needs to work with them, but really, I think its just really bad shooting. Maybe we need some more shooting drills.

Last point, we went through a stretch where we outplayed a team and lost, we went through a stretch where we got outplayed and won. We have now been on a stretch where we get outplayed we lose, and if we outplay the other team, we win. We have gone 0-2 now, on a very important trip, and are playing with little passion after the first period. Both games we stopped hitting and the other team picked starts hitting us, we get tired, and we get scored on, while not being able to bounce back ourselves. Get it together!

Old
01-07-2004, 07:58 AM
PredsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Break out the shooting drills, if someone passes when they should shoot, shock the piss out of them with a cattle prod. This is getting ridiculous. We pass 3-4 more times than we should each time we are in the offensive zone, and when we do get one of those good passes, we put it over the crossbar or in the goalies chest. More of the general scoring woes we've had this year.

I realize a lot of things affected the Toronto game, like them taking out 1/3 of our d-corps, but the 2 minute 5-3 and other PP's just are not working. We even had good chances, we just can't find the net. I generally think when the PP is that bad that it's Horachek that needs to work with them, but really, I think its just really bad shooting. Maybe we need some more shooting drills.
I think you're overreacting just a bit. While I agree that the PP needs to get going, but when you're banging posts, you're obviously getting chances. If they weren't getting chances, I'd be more worried.

As far as the goal scoring...It's only 2 games...2 games does not make a trend. It'll be OK.

Old
01-07-2004, 02:06 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Columbus has scored on a goalie ONCE in four games. And that goal was very fluky. Once you get shutout a few more times, then you can start complaining

Old
01-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Radulov for Czar*

I know how to score goals, and I'll take out Forsberg

Old
01-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
What I wouldn't have give to be on the ice against Roberts the other night...

Old
01-07-2004, 10:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
What I wouldn't have give to be on the ice against Roberts the other night...

a lot of blood? some teeth? the amusement of the nation of canada\me?

Old
01-08-2004, 12:35 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

well worth the chance to chuck my spear into the faces of the rowdy croud..

Closed Thread